• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AS 68: Dr. Zeus vs. Ace Stevens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
AscensionLogo_zpsb7f1c564.jpg

The maniac Dr. Zeus suffered his first taste of defeat in the first round of The Gold Rush Tournament. Now, he hopes to avenge his loss against the returning Ace Stevens, who came just shy of capturing the WZCW Mayhem Championship at Kingdom Come V. How will Zeus move-on with the ever-watching eyes of Doctor Steven Kurtesy upon him, and what is next for Ace Stevens?

Deadline is Wednesday, September 4th, 11:59 PM Central Time. Extensions via request.

Dr. Zeus hobbled back to his office, still with the nagging feeling that today was an abject failure. In spite of his feeling that he was able to reach Sandy and make a breakthrough, he still let a golden opportunity slip from his hands. A loss to Matt Tastic-

A loss.... No, a robbery. Once again, a foul demon slipped from his hands. Zeus had him exactly where he wanted. But demons are shifty; they'll rely on their powers to escape certain death. Demons never play fair; and Zeus forgot that, at the most critical moment.

An agent of God, and yet forgot the first rules of demons; never trust a demon, and never let your guard down.

He clenched his fist in rage, at the thought of demons laughing. Demons, the very same ones that are probably rejoicing in Hell, at this very moment. God's soldier had been toppled; he could be beaten.

But he could never be destroyed. So he continued defiantly on to his office, all the while growing even more angry. His balled fists shook, as he looked around the darkness.

Were they here watching him? He could hear the faint laughter. Demons fed off darkness; perhaps Kurtesy hid in this darkness, waiting to drag Zeus down to the depths. Or worse, maybe he was able to reach his "ally" Sandy, and convince her to join him in Hell once again. Dr. Zeus squared up, as if to prepare for war.

"Kurtesy, show yourself, spawn of the fire!
Face thy holy penance you so desire!"

And with that, nothing. Not even a mouse scurrying through the halls of the Wells Fargo Arena could be heard, as Dr. Zeus towered among the shadows of demons. After all, Dr. Zeus had been beaten in battle. But even the best soldier will lose on certain fronts.

It is God's soldier, however, that will finish the war.

As Dr. Zeus opened the doors to his office, he felt soothed by the light. His office was still decorated in the festive ball Dr. Zeus had desired to be his victory party, both for the destruction of Sandy and Kurtesy, and his advancement in the Gold Rush tournament. This was just one battle, though; much more intense battles were soon to come. Besides that, he knew that Sandy had been swayed by his words. Dr. Zeus offered Sandy the chance to sit in divinity, to break away from hell and face her penance in an honorable way. He saw the look in Sandy's eye; this was her chance, and perhaps her only one. Before coming to the Lord and facing her due punishment, she had the chance to court favor, by turning over her demon friend, the very same one that was responsible for letting her roam the "earth" as a normal human being. She had the chance to be redeemed, and Zeus saw that intrigued Sandy.

Of course, this was all just farce to Zeus. Sandy could never be redeemed, and once she handed Kurtesy to him, Zeus would vanquish her, as well. But Sandy didn't need to know this yet.

A look of mirth crept on Zeus' face, as he considered this. He had achieved everything he wanted; soon Kurtesy and Sandy would be at each other's throats. And Dr. Zeus would reap them, to send to God and face their damnation. This was cause for celebration, as he noticed the unopened champagne bottles.

And he drank. And he drank. And he drank, drank, drank.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Zeus' Logbook

August 27th, 5:21 A.M.

I awoke in my office, half past two.
My decorations gone, all seemed brand new.
All I could see was a radiant light.
My office now shined a pure shade of white.
I'd seen this light before, I knew it well.
The light that can scare demons back to hell.
An angel appeared, to speak with me!
He'd sing God's praise in besting Kurtesy.
I looked around, and I was surely right.
Before me stood an angel, in the light.
An angel I knew well; Michael was he.
He shared God's vision of my destiny.
With raven black hair, and dark peering eyes.
He sensed good and evil, for he was wise.

"Michael, my brother!" I said with a grin.
"I'm afraid I didn't hear you come in.
If I dare to ask, what brings you down here?
You only come to Earth when danger's near."

"Danger is near," He shot in a harsh tone.
He glared an icy stare that could split stone.

This concerned me deeply, so I replied,
"You saw me snuff out the demons that hide?
I've got the both of them right where I want."

All he offered was a stare that did daunt.

"Where are they now?" he asked with a dour scowl.
"To God, those demons are still on the prowl.
You've done nothing, in spite of what you think."

As he said this, my gut started to sink.
He was right; the demons were still around.
For a while, neither of us made a sound.
Michael broke the silence, saying upon me.
"You've forgotten the stakes; so, now, you see.
You and I must go where the demons dwell.
Dorian; you and I must go to Hell."

Michael and I reached the fiery pits.
Greeted by the screams of tortured spirits.
Time passed so slowly, seconds felt like years.
It was as horrible as all of my fears.
Souls screamed in agony, burned by the fire,
Instead of sweat, it was blood you'd perspire.
We saw bodies with maggots eating flesh.
This man was still alive; he was still fresh.
"Michael, tell me, why have you brought me here?"
I asked him as my skin started to sear.

"To prove a point," he responded to me.
"You'd be here, too, without divinity.
We gave you God's grace, all you've done is fail."

And what Michael said next made me quite pale.
"If you fail us again, we'll send you here."
As he said that, a large man had appeared.

"Ah, two divine ones", the mammoth boomed aloud.
"Welcome to my home," he said, as though proud.
A demon, one who looked ready to fight.
I squared myself up, in spite of my fright.
He was a giant, dark with a broad smile.
He smirked a smirked that filled me with revile.
Michael stopped me, before I got the chance
"We can't fight him."He said, passing a glance
"At least not here; here he is far too strong.

So we all stood in silence, for far too long.

"What's keeping him from destroying us now?"

He smiled, as Michael furrowed his brow.

"You two are my guests, it wouldn't be fair.
And since you're my guests; the name's Alistair.

He offered a hand, though I turned him down.
"Aww, what's the matter? The heat got you down.
I don't mean no harm, just want you to see,
What it would be like living here with me."

I wanted to fight him, but Michael said no.
Now wasn't the time to fight this large foe.
Alistair pondered, and lit up a smoke.
He measured his words, and Alistair spoke.

"Dorian, I know your heart's deepest care
I can hear every last one of your prayers"

I looked to Michael, "He can hear prayers?"\
Something bugged me that he knew my deepest cares.

He stared at Michael, and said, "he and I?
We're both angels; really, we're the same guy.
But I fell from Heaven, and fell to Hell.
I've the same powers; your prayers, I hear.

It's funny,"he said, a voice quite morose.
"Do you know what people pray for the most?
A second chance; that's all most people need.
To make up for their past of lust and greed.
So most people try to make a deal with God
And put on a rather ridiculous façade.
They pray and they pray to escape their Hell
Tell me; does Ace Stevens ring any bells?"

I looked to Michael, who said he was right.
Ace prayed to God, hoping he'd hear his plight.

"Ace is a thief, and he stayed here with me.
He's not that different from Kurtesy.
They both got chances to do the right thing.
And all of the world treats him like a king.

He took a drag of his smoke, and gave Zeus a glance.
"Tell me, Dorian, why does he get a second chance?
Ellie didn't get one, she's still down here."

I was filled with rage at what this beast said;
But Michael held me back... He held me back, and shook his head.
"Would you like to know what Ellie prayed for?"
And though I knew I shouldn't hear more,
He whispered something in my ear that chilled me to the bone.
"She prayed that we would leave you two alone."

Ellie.....

"Ace is still a thief, and walks the Earth.
Tell me.... What's a man like that worth?"
Ace, Kurtesy, Sandy as well.
Why are they alive, when Ellie's in Hell?

"Enough! I've had it with this god damned place!
Rid me of this place and I'll bring back Ace!
I'll send him to Hell, where he belongs.
I'll bring back Kurtesy and Sandy, and make them pay for their wrongs!
Michael, I see it now, I will never fail.
I'll pave their road to hell, I'll pave the whole trail!
Send me to Earth, and soon you will see.
I'll bring back Ace, Sandy, and Kurtesy!
I'll bring them all hear, to pay for their sins.
I don't care at all for losses and wins.
I care about souls I can bring to the flames.
I'll bring them all back; there will be no more games.

Ace Stevens
The Ace In The Hole

---​
Men's Locker Room A
Chesapeake Energy Arena
Oklahoma City, OK.

---​

An unusually dapper Ace Stevens enters the locker room, a room normally reserved for sports stars to change and rest. But today, those occupying the room aren't Oklahoma City's finest. They are the crew and on-screen personalities of WZCW. Men and women alike are working on promos and interviews. Back after a slightly extended post-Kingdom Come break, Ace Stevens unbuttons his jacket as he spots his interviewer for the day, the man they call Leon Kensworth.

“KENNY!” shouts Ace who, due to injury, has been absent from WZCW events for a few weeks.

“Mr. Stevens, hi. Hello. It's, erm, it's Leon, by the way.”

“Cool, cool,” replies Ace.

“Are you good to start?”

“Always.”

The cameraman takes this as a cue to begin his countdown.

“Five, four, three...”

He gestures with his fingers for the last two seconds and Leon Kensworth begins his interview with the man who calls himself, somewhat arrogantly, 'The American Prophet'.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I'm here backstage with the man who failed to re-capture the Mayhem Championship from Vega at Kingdom Come V. Tonight, he faces one of the strongest competitors in WrestleZone Championship Wrestling, Dr. Zeus.”

“I got a few things on my mind. A few things I wanna do. I wanna party with ma' boy Ricky Runn! Holla at yo' self, boy! I wanna beat the crap outta Vega. And finally, I wanna beat the crap outta Dr. Zeus. Now I know what you're thinking, 'Ace, there's an awful lot of beating going on in that list.' But to that I say, there's a lotta bitches who gotta get beaten. Vega stole the Mayhem Championship from me. But not only that, he beat me in the grandest stage of them all. He beat me at Kingdom Come. I mean, my Aunt Linda came all the way from Minnesota to see me defeat the villainous Vega. Minnesota, Leo. Minnesota! And what did she see? A greasy conman worming his way to a title. My title!”

Ace bangs his hand twice against a metal locker behind him in order to emphasise his point. After taking a couple of moments to compose himself, Ace uncharacteristically says “I think we peaked there a bit, let's move on to something else.”

Not used to experiencing direction during an interview, Leon Kensworth continues.

“Ace, I have to ask, why are you wearing a suit. It's not the attire we usually see you in.”

“Why am I wearing a suit? Good question, man. Well, I'm wearing a suit because it's a very special occasion, Johnny. Very special. Because today is the day that you will see a man punch another man so hard, his head will explode.” Ace allows that colourful image to linger in the air before offering another explanation for his clothing. “Also, it was my cousin's funeral today. R.I.P. Dimitri.”

“Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that.”

“Thanks. It's tough, y'know. But at least he died peacefully in his sleep... unlike his passengers, unfortunately...”

Kensworth is at a loss for words, unable to deal with Ace's very dark sense of humour.

“Anyway, Dr. Zeus. Shall we talk a little about him, Leo?” says Ace, apparently unaware of the classic interviewer/interviewee dynamic.

“Um, yes. I suppose.”

“Good. Because I've got a lotta things to say about that nutjob. I got a lotta things I need to get off my chest.”

“Such as...”

“Well he's not even a real doctor.”

“Sorry, but what do you mean by that.”

“Well, you didn't here this from me, LK. But a friend of a friend of a friend said that he had his gynaecology license revoked. Now I'm not gonna say what for, but I think you can guess. So yeah, there's that...”

They feeling of not knowing what to say around Ace Stevens has become an all too familiar feeling Leon Kensworth. Regardless, he powers through and attempts to probe further.

“So is that all you have to say about your opponent tonight? Dr. Zeus has been on an incredible run as of late. Does a part of you fear him?”

“Fear him? Leo, a great man one said 'the only fear we have to fear is fear itself'. Ah, Cider Jack on 34th Street. Gone but not forgotten. But the thing is, I don't even fear that. I fear nothing. I guess you could say that I am fearless. And in response to your first question, no. I have more to say. Being the brilliantly hilarious man that I am, I've prepared a little somethin' somethin' for this very occasion.”

Ace reaches into his jacket to retrieve a crumpled-up piece of paper littered with scribbles, drawings and poorly-spelt words. He clears his throat as he prepares to read his handwritten script.

“Dr. Zeus, he's very much a mad man.
Out in the wrestling ring, he goes Hamm.
That won't stop me carrying out my goal.
Of beating the living crap out of his stupid, little head!”

The anger in the last line comes unexpected to Kensworth and others who are witnessing the exchange. Ace, however, simply runs a hand through his slicked, black hair and continues to read his homage to the good Dr. Zeus.

“I am sorry, I know that didn't rhyme.
But please, like a clockmaker, give me time.
I will show that I can talk like Zeus does.
I will show you why I have all the buzz.

You see, I run this thing like I'm Usain.
I drop bombs on the mic like I'm Hussein.
I get more money than Homer J. - d'oh.
And I'm a beat you 'cause you're a wimp. Oh!

Out of the Gold Rush Tournament, you are.
From the World Championship you are far.
You lost to Tastic last week, that must hurt.
And even Sandy had you for desert.

So see how I am when I do my thing.
See how I fight when I'm in that ring.
Elbow to the face. It'll weigh a ton.
That's all you deserve, 'cause you're a mean one.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads