AS 48: Ty Burna vs. Showtime Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
The main event of Ascension cannot get any bigger than this as the General Manager of Meltdown Ty Burna will take on "Showtime" Cougar in a rematch from Kingdom Come III. Ty will be looking to put on a show as he not only shows Kurtesy what he is capable of doing but also to have the chance to take down one of the men who has refused his help from the beginning, whereas Showtime will be relishing the opportunity to even the score and gain some momentum for his upcoming Two Falls match at KC. Who will be the lucky one to achieve their goals prior to the PPV?

Deadline is Tuesday, May 1st at 11:59 PM Central Time

Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man. In the consciousness of the truth he has perceived, man now sees everywhere only the awfulness or the absurdity of existence and loathing seizes him.

*The scene opens to nothing but a black screen, no lights, no furniture, nothing. As the camera slowly pans out, it reveals Ty Burna sitting cross legged on the ground, his eyes closed as he is somehow illuminated in the complete darkness. His breathing is ragged, each breath a lesson in pain as his chest and torso rises with each sharp breath, tremors coursing through his arms as they attempt to remain still while they lie across his knees. His hair, usually perfectly cared for, lies mangled and matted yet somehow framing his face to an almost unnatural contour. The camera focuses in on his face, showing the sweat still on his face as well as a trail of blood from his lower lip, the consequences of his sacrifice evident from the tag team match. His shoulder slump down, just as his breathing is labored, so too is it a bother to remain upright as his meditative stance would be indicative of. He struggles and pulls himself back up right, his eyes opening slowly. The usually bright glowing red hue that consumes his eyes is barely noticeably, his green irises reveal themselves with only a faint ring around them the only noticeable evidence of the standard cosmetic feature. His eyes move back and forth before focusing on the camera, his lips parting to speak once more.*

Chaos is the score upon which reality is written. It is the very part of the fabric that unweaves the very fibers of humanity. It is also that very action that allows for the threads to be redone, creating a new tapestry, better then the previous, only for it to be unwoven once the creator has grown tired of the design, thus Chaos reigns once more. Is it not the truth? To place the strands of reality into order, one must allow Chaos to first run rampant, allowing the very foundation of Order to be built up. To successfully do so is to harness the power of the dueling forces, in one hand destroy, and in the other create. But what is only those that wish to keep the same Order oppose the Chaos one brings to inevitably create something even greater? To staunchly remain entrenched within the outdated ways to remain just that, a relic from the past. Progression cannot be contained, revolution is what is required for this transformation to plant its seed. Those that oppose such revolution will be entangled in the growing vines, slowly sucking the life out of their ideals. While they champion themselves as saviors and doing it for the good of the people, they fear for themselves as they remain stuck in their old habits, unable to survive in the new world that will come about from Chaos. It is not out of a contrite heart that they will fight for, it is for the very essence of survival, fossils that will soon be cast aside into the flames, rendering them nothing more then fuel to the fire that will consume all, giving new soil for the seeds of the new world to sprout
from.

*Ty remains sitting, his eyes still staring directly towards the camera. His arms slowly rise up and cross each other in front of his chest, concealing the site of his chest's ragged breathing. He lowers his head slightly, only the very top of his eyes can be seen as his hair covers his eyes. A vicious cough suddenly over takes him and he doubles over, holding his chest as coughing fit racks his entire body, as the coughing goes away he crumples backwards, lying on his back with his arms spread across the darkness. His eyes look glazed over as the camera moves to view him from above.*

Darkness...it creates redemption through Chaos, redemption for those that have been ignored. The Apostles, more specifically Christopher, will feel the benefit of my sacrifice. Far be it from me to act as the most altruistic, yet here I am, discussing something that no one else seems to understand. To so willingly offer up myself as the victim of Celeste Crimson and Steven Kurtesy, what purpose does it possibly serve? Allowing young Christopher to suffer another setback in his career would be another nail in the coffin, another bitter spike through him. What was once already faith on rocky grounds, being the direct cause of a loss to those that we are to defeat would leave him a shell, no longer capable of leading the Apostles over the group of weaklings they have converged to fight against the inevitable. No, he is fragile, and I will not allow his confidence to be shattered so easily. While I did give Kurtesy a victory, is inconsequential and he will be fully aware of it as such. Isn't that right Steven? A victory that rings more hollow with each passing moment. You have stopped no one, nothing more then a man with nothing to lose sacrificing himself for the betterment of his allies. You know all too well what it means to do so do you not Steven? Or has your self righteousness fully consumed what remained of your twisted and tormented soul? We stand on the precipice of our final battle, and yet while you doubt yourself and the true meaning of my actions, my focus has never been clearer. The path has opened Steven, and the change this world needs will follow soon after!

*Ty suddenly sits up straight, the sweat suddenly gone as his hair becomes perfectly coiffed and tied back. The blood trickling from his lip slowly seeps into the layers of his skin, the porcelain like construct once more unblemished. The darkness surrounds him, only revealing his face until the utter darkness around him dissipates, revealing Ty sitting on a flat metal bed as if in a prison cell. His wrestling gear has been replaced, a simple vest and black jeans adorn his statuesque like body. A chain hangs from his neck, the Chaos Symbol molded from sterling silver and plated with diamond is connected to the chain, hanging down across his chest. He gazes up and towards the camera, the camera turning to reveal an opened cell door to the rest of the decrepit psychiatric hospital. The camera returns to Ty, who has reverted his eyes towards the wall next to him. Engravings and graffiti can be seen all over the wall, one particular set of etchings Ty runs his hands slowly over, letting his fingers fall into the indentations of the wall. He removes his hand to reveal the art, the Chaos symbol prevalently displayed as well as other various cult like symbols. One in particular is a simple circular spiral. Ty's finger starts at the outer edge, slowly circling around and around until he reaches the center. He lowers his head again before speaking once more.*

The pattern never ends does it Showtime? Even as we do our best to avoid each other it always comes back around. It's been a year since our epic encounter at Kingdom Come, and Vance Bateman has decided that now is the time for that to happen once again. I agreed to his terms, I have no qualms walking onto his show and discarding my biggest rival once again. Again and again you have turned away from my offers of power, the chance to become something even more then you are now. What is reality to you now Showtime? The fact that the only way to be given even a chance to earn a title shot had to come by my own hand will eat away at you. But fear not Showtime, for if you are to lose out on another opportunity, there is the Eurasian Title after all. The title you and I helped shaped the destiny of. Every Eurasian Champion has been a dominant force, seemingly greater with each passing of the belt. What has begun, will surely come back around again.

*Ty begins tracing his finger along the spiral once again, stopping halfway to the outer edge. He stares straight forward at the spiral before pulling his finger away and turning towards the camera once again, his eyes now glowing red completely once more.*

The purpose of your reality has grown more and more muddled as you grew further and further away from our match at Kingdom Come. You were an afterthought at Redemption, a mere third wheel between Reynolds and myself. You have floundered and dropped so far since your defeat by my hands, not once, but twice! The doubt inside your mind has only grown with each passing moment, as you watched me continue my reign as WZCW World Champion, and then suffered yet another setback as I tossed you from the ring at the Lethal Lottery. There would be no repeat performance by you Cougar, and at Kingdom Come you are relegated to a match I made just to keep you and your two opponents busy and out of my way for the time being. Once again you are an afterthought, created as such by my own designs. It has been this way since day one Showtime, even the few precious moments you had an upper hand against me, it ended up being nothing more then the same hollow victory Kurtesy earned against me. There was no consequence to your victory, no just reward for your actions. You may have the distinction of being the only man that has made me tap out, but what has that brought you David? Did it automatically give you the World Title? No. In fact all it did was bring out the very best in me, a worse consequence then if I had been victorious perhaps. Fret not David, you were the catalyst to the Harbinger of Chaos. You awoke in me the anger and hatred necessary to utterly dominating WZCW, to create the perfect order of Chaos that now runs rampant!

*Ty suddenly stands up and storms out of the cell, walking briskly through the hallway. He reaches the steps at the end and stares up at them, a single door at the top. A light seems to be emanating from behind the door, a name plate lies on the ground in front of the door. Ty's eyes move up the steps slowly, as if he needs to justify making the journey up them, a path surveyed, now perhaps more then ever one must consider each step carefully, the end of the trail is near, soon the very truth each man requires will be revealed to them, either in victory or defeat. He closes his eyes and lowers his head briefly.*

Again and again we cross paths David, though I'm sorry this one came about not of our own want. I offered you the chance to become an ally, to be by my side as WZCW became mine and mine alone. The power you would have had, you were once a man who struggled through life, fighting through the loss of family, the neglect as a child, the very faint glimpse of hope all you have to hold on to, yet you soldiered on. I was to give you that opportunity David, to pull yourself out of the vicious cycle you set in motion for yourself, to truly save you from the demons that to this day continue to haunt you. I was to be your savior David! Just as I saved the rest of the Apostles from the dregs of WZCW, I was to bring you up to our level! The Apostles have shown their gratitude by swearing their undying loyalty, yet you show nothing but disrespect. Chaos spoke of your ability to be a champion of Chaos, to join our side and create the world in our image, yet the selfishness remains deep inside your soul David. It is a troubled part of your spirit that will never rest, the very trouble that will keep you from ever achieving the heights I have envisioned you reaching. You will never be like me David, you will never be the champion and warrior I am. I no longer see us as the equals we should be Showtime, as now you are nothing more then a step...

*Ty takes a few steps up the stairs, reaching the top with a few quick strides. He stands in front of the door, the claustrophobic nature of the hallway closing in on the viewer as the darkness bleeds into the background, leaving only Ty Burna and the door in front of him. The light continues to faintly illuminate from behind the door.*

Nothing more, nothing less. The time is soon upon us, and once it is over David, so too will your ability or your will to remain on my level. I have nothing more to prove to you, I have nothing more to prove by defeating you once again. You are merely a step that will whither under my weight as I walk over you and to Kingdom Come, my fate resting solely in the hands of Chaos.

*Ty reaches out and grabs hold of the door's handle, slowly opening the door as the hinges creak loudly from the rust and lack of use over the past years. As the door opens fully, the light emanating from the door suddenly overcomes the screen, leaving it in pure white. It remains so until one more verse of dialogue can be heard.*

The King of Darkness, The Harbinger of Chaos. Showtime. These names mean nothing David. They are mere aliases to build up our own egos. Come Ascension, it will be more then our bodies doing battle, it will be far more then our minds once more clashing, it will be our very essence, our very souls that will wage war yet again. This must come to an end David, and it shall, as I stand over you, once more the victor in our final chapter!

*The pure white screen remains on screen as silence overtakes the feed. Just as the viewer would be lulled away from the silence, the screen suddenly cuts to static and the familiar sound emits through the airwaves. This continues for a few moments before the sound cuts, leaving one final message.*

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory. So they believe, thus we shall test their will to survive, in the face of annihilation!

*The feed cuts out.*

Scene opens on the set of the show. Three TV screens hang over the stage and show still frame pictures of the EurAsian Title Match from Meltdown 72 between Barbosa and Black Dragon. Showtime David Cougar is seated behind his desk with a small pile of papers in front of him. He moves his hand to his mouth and coughs twice to clear his throat before speaking.

Cougar: Kingdom Come is now less than a month away and my match on this soon to be historic card is finally set. To an uneducated outsider, this might seem like a throw away match on the show. Three guys who have never previously feuded before, put together in a match up with two prizes at stake, with one round of shows left before Kingdom Come and nobody else left on the roster who can handle the individual talents of me or my opponents. To someone on the inside, this match has more variables affecting it than the WZCW World Heavyweight Title match, Big Dave vs Steven Holmes, or the big 5 on 5 elimination tag team match. I expected Meltdown last week to be nothing short of a bidding war with Vance Bateman trying to flash his diminished power and convince me or Barbosa to join his rag tag bunch of wrestlers, collectively I will be referring to as WZCW Classic. Black Dragon I'm sure would've required no convincing to join the fight against The Chaos, but Ty removed that from Vance and everyone else's hands by putting the three of us in a match, thus preventing us from competing in the ten man tag team contest, and in a shocking twist awarded us a kings ransom of prizes. As we saw on Meltdown, Ty went out and made sure he had enough soldiers ready to fight his battle and thought it would be best to remove the three men capable of bringing down his empire, and by offering the three of us everything except the kitchen sink in WZCW, one can only assume he's hoping that we may still help in his battle against WZCW Classic... and maybe more importantly in Ty's WZCW Title match verse Steven Kurtesy.

Showtime taps his papers on the desk and shuffles them around to the next page. The three TV’s high above the stage continue to show highlights from the EurAsian Title match at Meltdown 72. Each time the pictures change a different person is front and centre on the screen.

But enough for now about backstage dealings and negotiations and who has whose hand in whose pocket, more will be determined as we get closer to Kingdom Come. For now lets look at this match at its very core. Beyond the titles and the title shots, past the blood feuds and cloak and daggers, ignoring the powers that be watching and plotting there next move as if we are knights in their game of chest. At the centre of it all is three men capable of bring down a whole kingdom.

A black and white video is shown. The opening cords of Ladies and Gentleman play as Showtime David Cougar is seen walking down the ramp in a referee shirt. The music kicks in Showtime is now shown in the ring posing as Barbosa is seen behind him coming to the ring. The video is from the EurAsian Title match from Meltdown 72. A shot of Barbosa and Showtime facing off is seen next followed by the entrance of Black Dragon. The music drowns out as Showtime’s voice can be heard playing over the video.

In tonight's episode of The Show we are going to look at a few rules to live by if you want to remain on top in this business. No, I’m not talking about dealing with demonic spirits that has helped Ty Burna have a year long title reign. These rules anybody can follow and you don’t have to worship someone who wears a hooded bathrobe most of the time.

Rule number one, establish your character and defend your spot.

Scenes from Meltdown show Showtime making calls during the match. Barbosa slowly rising before a five count after clubbing blows to Dragon, Showtime throwing Barbosa off Dragon after he grabbed the ropes, the near fall after Multiplicity, repeated shots of Barbosa and Showtime face to face arguing

There’s a role to play in every scene and sometimes the spot isn’t always the most glamourous, but there are all still meant to be played well and when your part well you will be rewarded. As in acting, this also applies to the real life actors. I myself have a role in this company. As the top drawing star and the biggest showman in WZCW. I have maintained that role for years, have fought off attempts from many others to claim that spot, have risen above all obstacles. You play your characters right you keep your place. Don’t play them well, you get replaced. To give a mainstream reference, does everyone remember Terrence Howard from Iron Man. Now do you remember him donning the War Machine suit in Iron Man 2? After he famously quoted in the first film “Next time”? No, I didn’t think so. Same can be said in WZCW. In the Apostles of Chaos story, James King was replaced by Toyota, who was replaced by Barbosa, who was later replaced by... King again. Reason, Ty Burna and his unsatisfying desire for better. In Barbosa’s life, his link to mankind, Hunter Kravinoff, was replaced by Toyota, who was replaced by Ty Burna, followed by Black Dragon, and now... no one. Reason, poor choice in sponsors.

Moving away from the examples, the point is there are many threats that other will take, claim, and rise above your spot. Time itself is probably your greatest enemy. Know your characters, perform them well, don’t let others replace you.

Rule number two, when someone strikes you down, pay them one back.

Scene now shows the moment where Dragon inadvertently Dropkicks Showtime. The video then moves to Dragon’s last second kickout minutes later and Showtime making the 3 count to give Dragon the win.

Accidents do happen. Sometimes we step and walk over people without even realizing it. There are those who are extraordinarily careful about it and very apologetic. Dragon falls towards that category at times, but this is also not the first time Dragon has made a mockery of Showtime by accident. Burn me once, shame on me, burn me twice...

Camera shows Showtime raising Dragon’s hand and then pulling him in and dropping him with a Showstopper.

You know the rest. I didn’t retaliate further. I made my point and moved on. If Dragon wishes to settle a score on that regard, he’ll get an opportunity coming up very soon.

The video statics out and then returns with ty’s music playing. Ty announces the EurAsian Titles inclusion in the Triple Threat match between Showtime, Barbosa, and Black Dragon. Showtime looks at the belt. The video slows down as Showtime stares at the belt.

Rule number three, when put on the spot, play it up.

The video returns to normal speed and adds colour as Showtime raises the belt.

I couldn’t give a damn about the EurAsian Title. Yes it would be an accomplishment to be a two time EurAsian Champion, the first in the title’s prestigious history, and one I would never turn down, but that is not the prize that I desire. The WZCW World Heavyweight Championship is the only prize that matters to me. On Meltdown, I could’ve thrown the belt away and damaged the reputation of the belt I helped make legendary. That would’ve been bad for business and what’s bad for business is also bad for Showtime. I milked that spot for what I can, and I’ll play to whatever obstacles or situations get thrown my way. It won’t always be pretty, but if your not prepared than damn son you can look like a fool. I know what my spot is at Kingdom Come and I’m damn sure hopping Barbosa and Dragon know there’s too, because I don’t want to see them look like fools on the biggest stage in WZCW, at Kingdom Come.

That about wraps everything up on The Show tonight. What oh yea, how could I forget. This week I return to the main event in what will no doubt be the biggest match ever on Ascension. Showtime David Cougar vs Ty Burna. I know... not a whole lot we can say about that one, we’ll try to stretch the small amount of time we have. It only feels like the hundredth time that we have clashed in the ring, but this match will be the sixth singles contest we have had against one and other. The record... an identical two wins, two losses, one no decision.

This could be the rubber match and could also be a preview of the main event at our next PPV, Redemption. Am I worried I’m facing time? Should I be more concerned about my Kingdom Come opponents? The answer is no. I have beaten Ty. I can beat him again. Besides, if my plate is full, Ty must be walking around with the whole buffet. Since Lethal Lottery, Ty Burna has been involved with just about everyone in WZCW, quite possibly including their mothers. M.I.L.F is what Ty wished S.H.I.T was, but what I mean is this match may not make it to the end, it may not make it to the middle, it may not make it past the bell. Not when a combination of Apostles of Chaos, Kurtesy, Celeste, Everest, Titus, Gordito, Barbosa, Dragon, Dave, Holmes, Constantine, Runn Reynolds Runn, Big Foot, that sandwich team, Sabo and Sabotuer, anybody, could come down to the ring and let unearth the biggest clusterfuck in history. This is not our biggest match, this will not settle any scores, we both have our minds in other places. This match will be two of the best, doing what they do best, while outside the ring hell and heaven will probably rip apart the whole arena. Damn it will be an amazing night. Be sure to tune into Ascension. You won’t be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back