• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AS 29: Mayhem No. 1 Contender Battle Royale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
Deadline is Tuesday, March 15th at 11:59 PM EST.

Per the orders of Vance Bateman and Chuck Myles, a new number one contender for the Mayhem Title will be decided in an extreme battle royale on Ascension. Who will punch the final ticket to Kingdom Come, and who will be left watching at home?

Participants: Justin Cooper, The Agony, Action Saxton, Ferbian, Armando Paradyse, Sean Cruz, and DK Wilton if successful against Brothers In Arms.

"Be it a song or casual conversation
To hold my tongue speaks
Of quiet reservations
Your words once heard
They can place you in a faction
My words may disturb
But at least there's a reaction"​

WZCW.COM EXCLUSIVE !

The scene opens to the day of Ascension 29.

Leon Kensworth scurried around backstage with only a microphone in his hand. Leon arrived at a large white door which sign had read "Janitors Closet". He stood outside of the door, now giving viewers information on what was going on.

LK: Leon Kensworth backstage here at WZCW Ascension. Earlier in the week it was announced that DK Wilton would be making his return to the ring, but up against the current World Tag Team Champions, Brothers in Arms. It was also revealed that if he lost his match he would have to relinquish his spot in the Battle Royale for a chance to face off against the Mayhem Champion at Kingdom Come which would take place later on this evening.

Leon turned towards the door and knocked on it. Various noises and grunts were heard soon after. With surprise DK Wilton sprang out from the closet and looked at Leon with a very intense look. Leon tensed up as Wilton continued to stare directly into his eyes. As time passed DK closed his eyes, inhaled deeply and started to speak while he exhaled.

DK: What is it Leon? Have you come to ask me about my match or have you come to remind me about how if I lose, my Kingdom Come opportunity is stripped away? Would you like to know why I'm in the janitors closet?

Wilton closed his eyes and cracked his neck from side to side; he stood there waiting for Leon's response. Leon looked at DK and began to stutter out his words while the intimidation factor slowly had slowly started to come in.

DK: You know what Leon how about this, if you can’t spit it out man then I’ll just conduct this little interview all by myself. Would that be better? Would you like to take a day off too?

DK continued looking at Leon with his soul piercing gaze. He then threw his arm out and signalled for the microphone. Leon shook his head and then passed it over to Wilton who quickly snatched it out of his hands. DK turned away from Leon and looked directly into the camera shot.

DK: Over the last couple of weeks I have been humiliated. I have been suspended, I have continued my losing streak and I have continued to only disappoint MYSELF. And just when I thought things couldn’t get worse, I get placed in a handicapped match against the World Tag Team Champions. But that’s not the only thing that's pissing me off. See if I lose this match, I lose MY opportunity to go and compete later on in the evening for the Mayhem title shot.

The expression on DK’s face had shown that even though he had done some changing recently, he had been under substantial amounts of pressure heading into his first match later on that evening. Wilton rubbed his hands across his face and continued to speak; Leon continued to watch from the side.

DK: In regards to the Battle Royale, don’t count me out just yet. See the world works in mysterious ways. Just when you think some things are set in stone, the unthinkable happens. All of my potential competitors have one thing in common, they're all fresh. They're all unexperienced. Now as everybody knows, since day one I've been facing off against the top stars in this company. The question is will the unthinkable happen? Will DK Wilton finally step up and receive a win? Will DK Wilton throw out the happy go lucky Spanish guy? Will he throw himself out? Will he go for a pinfall even though it's a Battle Royale? Who knows?

Wilton tossed the microphone back into the hands of Leon as he started to regain his humorous mentality. Leon held the microphone against his chest and sighed. Wilton grabbed onto his shoulder and forced a smile on his own face.

DK: Thanks and by the way, I was looking for a plunger. Wasabi clogged up the locker room toilet again.

DK strolled off the scene laughing as the fade to black occurred.

A few nights after his "win" against the EurAsian champion, Chris Beckford, Armando Paradyse is seen laying on his bed starring at himself through the mirror over his bed. He stands up and his cell phone rings

Paradyse-Hola?

Woman-Armando, It's Brittny. Sorry I haven't called latley, I've been busy. I saw you're match against Chris Beckford last week on Meltdown. Great job pulling out the win.

Well to be honest, I'm not really happy with the way things went down that night. That coward Blade interfered in my match. I won the match but it feels as if I lost.

Why? You won?! You should be out celebrating, not moping around.

You just don't understand. I won my first match in WZCW but maybe it was a fluke! Maybe it's only because of Blade! Maybe I'm not cutout to be a wrestler.

Armando! You gave Chris a run for his money. That was a great match and I'm proud of you for that! You are great at what you do. But maybe I can come over and make you feel better?

No gracias. I'm not in the mood.

He hangs up the phone and lays back down then slowly drifts to sleep.

Hours later we wakes up and quickly grabs his phone and punches a few buttons then holds it up to his ear. It rings for a bit then cuts off to a voicemail...

Hey, you reached Chris Beckford. Sorry I can't come to the phone right now but if you leave you're name and a brief message, I'll be sure to get back to you.

The phone beeps.

Hola, Chris. It's me, Armando Paradyse. I just wanted to apologize about our match on Meltdown. I really hope you beat the hell out of Blade at Kingdom Come. That rat-bastard deserves it. Listen after Kingdom Come I was kind of hoping we can have a rematch. I hope so and I'll be looking forward to it.

He hangs up and sits on his bed. His phone rings again and he picks up....

Hola?

Armando? It's Chuck Myles. I just wanted to call and inform you that you will be competing in a battle royal this week on Meltdown.

A battle royal?

Yes. A mayhem battle royal actually. The winner will face Chris Jones at Kingdom Come for the Mayhem championship. And this will be the last chance for you to get on the card.

Well this is great. Who is in this mayhem battle royal with me?

Well, it's you, Action Saxton....

The wannabe action movie star....

The Agony...

The big ass cry-baby...

Sean Cruz....

Still in the closet.....

Ferbian....

The rich bitch turned pro wrestler....

Justin Cooper.....

The wangster....

And maybe DK Wilton if he wins his match agianst The Forgotten Powers....

Yeah right. He won't win. So that leaves me as the pretty much clear winner.

It's anyones match Armando.

No. It's really not. You see, I'm Armando Paradyse. The man who is one hundred percent man! I will win this mayhem battle royal, go on to Kingdom Come, and defeat Chris Jones and become the new Mayhem Champion of WZCW!

Well that's the sprit Armando! I have to go. I'll see you friday on Meltdown. Bye.

He hangs up

Armando Paradyse: New Mayhem Champion! Has a ring to it.

This promo is dedicated to all the brothers who had enough of the RAM.

Signal Panic, Inc. Presents:
Action Saxton
In
The Black Badass Who Went To The Sludge Pit, Beat Up Thirty Men Using Only His Right Pinky, All The While Consuming A Glass Of The World’s Best Malt Liquor (NOT Anaconda Malt Liquor), Only To Find Out That The Bartender Was None Other Than Popular Latin Singer Ricky Martin, And Before Their Sordid Past Could Be Brought Up, The Black Badass Had To Split, For He Had A Mayhem Title Number One Contender’s Match To Train For, And Train He Did, By Karate Chopping A Train into Bite-Sized Train Pieces Before Riding A Platypus All The Way To Timbuktu, Where We Find Him Now.

The sun rises high in the sky above the streets of Timbuktu, Mali. The dusty roads are filled with throngs of people wondering about the American dream. The wind blows, causing more dust to stir and make its way across the street where it lands at the base of a building.

This building is Le Bouctou, a hotel. And it is in this hotel, in a filthy room on the first floor, that Action Saxton is staying after his long training regimen for his upcoming Mayhem Number One Contender’s Match. The mountain of manhood is standing in his dingy hotel bathroom, shirtless. In his hand there is a katana, given to him by Sun Tzu himself. The katana contains such awesome power that it would make a lesser man melt into a puddle upon contact. And Action Saxton is using it to shave.

The blade of the katana trims Action Saxton’s burly moustache to perfection, causing his face - the face that makes women everywhere wish to procreate with the slick stud - to somehow become more handsome than before.

“Oh, Action!” calls a female voice from the main hotel bed. “I’m waiting for you and your sweet, sweet, lovin’!”

Action Saxton turns around sharply.

“Dammit, woman!” he roars. “What the hell have I told you about interrupting me when I’m trying to shave?!”

He turns back to the mirror. Suddenly, something in his reflection catches his eye. He puts his powerful right hand up to his left cheek for a brief moment before withdrawing it. His fingers are covered in blood.

Now, normally a little blood would not bother Action Saxton, for he is the baddest mothasucka on the planet, but in this case it means that he is not 100% for his match on Ascension, thus giving him a distinct disadvantage. Well, to be more accurate, it puts him on the level of every other competitor, so if he loses this match and does not make it to Kingdom Come, it is not his fault, but rather the fault of Euphoria Von Hovercraft, the voluptuous young lady who distracted him as he tamed the rugged landscape of his facial features.

It is understandable that he would be upset, but being a consummate professional, Action Saxton chooses to only destroy half of everything in the bathroom before heading back to the main room to address the gorgeous woman on his bed.

“Euphoria von Hovercraft,” he says in his smooth baritone. “Please accept my humble apologies.”

“But Action Saxton, I distracted you and caused you to possibly have a disadvantage in your match!”

“This is true, but it is also my fault. You see, if I had not turned my head sharply, then I would have not cut myself. I yelled at you and let my anger get the best of me. And for that, I apologize.”

Euphoria von Hovercraft sighs blissfully. “Oh, Action Saxton, you’re so rugged! Take me, now!”

Action Saxton looks at the naked woman in his bed. He smiles, smooth as the finest butter from the finest dairy farms churned by the finest women in wherever the hell they make butter.

“You got it.”​

A shadowy room, a lounge room perhaps, in what looks to be an old style house. The ceiling with a unique design, with birds or something type of winged creature being the main feature. It’s late, maybe eleven or even twelve o’clock at night. With the sound of a crackling fire in the background, the camera slowly moves down, reveal a man sitting in a chair. The lights are off, and the only light is coming from the fire. In random intervals, we see half of the face of the man. Who isn’t moving, just sitting; with the fire continue to crack.

Slowly the man leans forward, revealing himself to be Justin Cooper. Something is different however, as Cooper is only just visible. He continues to stare, not in our direction, but at the fire. Watching as it burns the wood, which lay underneath it. With his hands moving through his hair, Cooper leans backward, while looking up. The lights are still out, as Cooper, who isn’t his normal self, continues just to sit. With something in his right hand, this isn’t visible to us. He has a firm grip on whatever the object is, holding it tight.

Twice, not one but two shots. And what did I get, nothing. While Alex Bowen is living it up, getting the free food, all the press, they think he’s a Champion?

Cooper shakes his head, with disapproval of the thought of this man being called Champion.

No, this man isn’t a Champion; he is nothing more than the common swine. From his ego, which makes him believe he has actually earned that title. To his delusional mind, which allows him to see himself as a veteran. If Alex Bowen is able to defeat Chris Jones this week, his major challenge will be waiting for him at Kingdom Come. That challenge will be me, and at Kingdom Come, I’ll finally reach the ultimate goal. I promise you Alex Bowen, I will take the Mayhem Championship.

A short pause by Cooper, who examines the object in his hand.

It seems this week, that I’ll be facing multiple boys, in a battle royal. With the match having little rules, I’ll be able to do, anything I want. From hitting Ferbian in the skull with a stop sign, to smashing a chair off the head of Agony.

Slowly Cooper sits forward, revealing a cut on his head, with a few drops of blood hitting the floor. A small line of pure, red blood is moving down is face. Cooper knows it’s there, however he doesn’t clean it off. He just allows it to run down his face.

This week, I show no mercy. Since I debuted here, I have shown respect, I have done everything I could. But I got nothing, well not anymore. You see, as this blood runs down my face. I promise that you will see a side of Justin Cooper that you couldn’t even dream of. A side which has more power than Big Dave, a side with more brains than Constantine, a side with more destructive plans than Vengeance. You see, this week, I allow something which has been hiding inside me, to finally escape.

From the depths of my being, I allow the mayhem to take control. After this match, the entire world, will not understand what has happened. Because, I have always had a dark side. I just never let it out; I never allowed it to take over. Well those times are over; the time to play is done.

Cooper reveals that the object in his right hand was in fact a steel chair. He slowly brings it to his cheek, holding it against his face.

Play time is finished boys and girls; it’s now time to feel the pain. Because once the bell rings, all bets are off. Not even the charisma of Mr Paradyse could save him. These rookies wish to take my spot on the card for Kingdom Come, I say let them try.

Because nobody, not Saxton, not Ferbian, not Agony, nobody has more to gain in this match than me. Those boys don’t understand how much this means, well I do. These fools, they’ll take this chance for granted. Even DK Wilton, who isn’t even in the match yet. He talks about it being his chance to finally break out of his losing streak. He talks about having been in the ring with some of the biggest names in the company.

Cooper stops, holding the chair down toward the ground. He takes a breath, thinking, wondering about something.

While he may have competed against the greats, he still lost. It doesn’t matter if you go to war, and kill the mighty commanders, and then lose. It means nothing if you lose, and we all know that. Wilton, while you have competed against Champions and lost. I have faced Champions and won! I have pinned a former tag team Champion, when he was holding the title. In my third match, I defeated a Champion, while you still struggled to even gain a contract. That tells me, that I’m still the better athlete and even a better musician.

Since the announcement of this match, all I have heard is that “I deserve to be the winner”, “oh it’s my time”. “I’m going to win”, “Paradyse for Mayhem Champion”. Please, just shut up. None of you deserve it more than me. I have worked harder, than all of you put together. I have come so close, and I know, that after I win the Battle Royal, my time will come. In just a few short weeks, the Mayhem Championship will hang in the balance. In a battle where, good and evil hold no bounds. In a battle where it doesn’t matter how you got there, just that you made it to the event.

While my opponents will take this chance as a right, I take it as a privilege. I understand, what it means to be in these types of matches. They don’t, with the exception of Ferbian, know of the men have been involved in a high profile match like myself. Let them continue to be blind, come this week, their song finishes. As I once again, right their final verse!

With the chair now lying beside him, Cooper leans forward. His hands twisted, fingers pointing in all different directions. With one hand looking like some type of firearm.

Since I’ve been here, I distanced myself from the music world. Even saying I’m done, well since this week is such a big situation. I thought I lay one down!

Yo, this week I begin to run
I’m going to Pay Per View, to Kingdom Come
Nobody gonna stop me, I’m raising the roof
You’ll be calling me 50, because I’m bullet proof
You’ll hit me, with everything you got
But it isn’t enough, to stop my force
I have you running, filing for divorce
With the battle royal, I’m winning this thing
Yo, I’m better them everyone, I get paid to sing
From the black guy, to the ladies’ man
I knock you all down
This match is filled with more dogs….then China town
At Kingdom Come I’ll be facing a chump
Bowen you don’t want to wrestle
All you want is to hump
More than your mother, who is obsessed with me
You beating me, is like Agony winning a spelling bee
Yo, Bowen you say your tough,
Walking around with my title
That is my life dawg, it freaking vital
I need it, I want it, so bloody bad
Yo, I’ll beat you for it, I’ll make you so sad
From the Main Event, to the little bitty royal
I take my place, leave you buried in soil
And to that fool DK, talking trash
Calling me a rookie,
You’ll crumble faster, than a Subway cookie
You never won a match, always losing quick
You don’t like what I’m saying,
Well you can suck my….

Cooper doesn’t finish the rap, as we all know what the next word would have been. With his Mayhem Battle Royal in the next couple of days, this dark side of Cooper may begin to spread. The change may be happening, he once called society a cancer. Has Cooper caught the disease, his words speak of violence, something that a man of class doesn’t. With his own blood on his hands tonight, whose blood will be on his hands this week? All that we know is that Justin Cooper is prepared for a match that will ask for dark things. Things which call for blood, punishment, and for the competitors to have no regard for others health. This man looks ready, he sounds ready, and he was dangerous before, what about now?

We're following Stacy Madison through the backstage, passing by some of the roster members, backstage crew and tech. equipment going deeper and deeper into the nooks of the arena. As she gets deeper the amount of passing people depletes further until there is nobody else still patrolling the area except herself and the guy holding the camera, swaddled in a less than adequate faint light glow. In fact they appear to find themselves in an old storage space for used, broken or stand-by props and equipment, bits of microphones and similar apparatus strewn on the floor, some piled up against the walls, all in all the room half full and seemingly unexplored. She breaks from her brisk determined walk and halts suddenly mid stride.

This is ridiculous. You know where I'm supposed to be right now?

Huh where?

SHUT UP MORON! I'm supposed to be in make-up! The show is starting soon and I'm looking for a guy who could just as well be anywhere. NOW YOU TELL ME WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE! No actually don't waste your breath, I don't care what you have to say.

She leans up against one stable pile of useless debris and slowly pulls out out a cigarette, out of the packet she took from her jacket pocket.

........degree in journalism and I still have to.......

She mutters to herself. She makes sure to face away from her present company as he's obviously not on her level, all the while the camera is still focused on her. Her colleague saying nothing in response to her degrading comments.

The pause is tense.

Then out of nowhere at all, a hand reaches around from the ceiling-high stack of used speakers Stacy is leaning upon. It grasps firmly and decisively upon her wrist within the brief moments she comes to realise what is happening and is unable to move away in time.

LET GO OF ME. HEY, HELP ME. LOOK.....LOOK WHAT HE'S DOING, WHY ARE YOU JUST STANDING THERE COME HELP ME, LOOK!

She continues to complain and struggle to no avail, and the camera does not leave it's post, it remains firmly lodged to the shoulder of the quiet camera man. After coming out to reveal his full body from the shadows, sporting some bloodshot eyes, the now familiar frame of The Agony begins to take leave and heads off back behind the mountain of electronic devices. He pulls Stacy with sufficient force that she has no choice but to follow, but not so much that she is any pain exceeding the social embarrassment of being caught in such a predicament.

Surprisingly, he leads them to a door, partially hidden in the corner of the room that would appear pretty indicative of what likely lies behind it. After peeling it open, there is revealed a dusty corridor with a make-shift red tinted light bulb attempting to shed light on the contents. The man doesn't stop here. He carries on past the cobwebs and dirty steel rods and pipes extruding from the walls, round the corner and to a gaping hole forged from removed bricks.

Inside

He rasps, gesturing with his hand for her to enter before him. She looks at him horrified and back at the hole, and finally steps in gingerly making sure not to tread on anything that may bite back. He follows her in, and finally so does the camera. She rubs her wrist gently, as if he did her some undue damage, but she can't commit to the ploy with her whole heart as she is too encapsulated on what she sees before her.

The three individuals are now standing in a room with similar lighting to the corridor before it, this radiating from a child's torch placed near enough square in the centre of the floor pointed upwards. The ceiling slopes down at a slight angle and has numerous large structural cracks, as does the walls, the floor. The entire room is in fact one big hazard. These aren't the most striking things though. Painted in various colours on all four walls are a mixture of words and statements, some repeated often and others rarely or only once. They are in various sizes and cover almost every square inch of the rooms perimeter. Some of the more attention-grabbing of these are "Job to do", "Deaf ears" and "Wins and losses, noughts and crosses"

Here.

In the meantime, Agony has walked over to his seat and slumped down. It rests behind a table with all sorts of random items positioned on top with no clear order.

What, what does this phrase mean?

That? Well look at it this way. Noughts and Crosses, a game for children, and in the grand scheme of things irrelevant. Wins and losses are nothing more than that. It's the message that's important, whether I have to win or lose it's the message that needs to be spread. That isn't to say I expect to lose, despite last week it's not something I am overly familiar with and that won't change. Winning will accelerate my route to the point where I can be that very beacon of hope, but my remaining here is primary.

Umm, right.

She says sarcastically.

And now-

Wait

He says eagerly.

Come here.

He moves a bit of stuff from above and taps his finger twice upon the cover of a book, expelling plenty of loose dust into the air to circulate the room. She walks over slowly and wipes away some more dust from the cover, but to her surprise it is untitled, merely a diary or something similar. She pulls it towards her and lifts it weakly from the table trying to gauge the full weight of it.

Page 53

He mutters dimly. She opens the book onto the acknowledgements where it reads "To Jarvis fr-"

PAGE 53 I SAID!

She fumbles with the book as if she were simply trying searching for the page, now guided by the the handwritten page numbers in the top-right hand corner. After flipping through, overshooting and finally finding the frayed page, her eyes are cast upon the manic scribbling she sees before her:

March 15th 2011.

Wins and Losses, Noughts and Crosses.
Wins and Losses, Noughts and Crosses.
Wins and...... So I've got another match.
This time I have to fight a few guys.
It's new to me, well, in the ring anyway.
Still can't allow that to get between me and my message, I must prevail.
So who have we here? What guys did management see fit to throw against the rails......or me............whichever is harder.
Hmmmmm.....
First up.....ummm.....JUSTIN COOPER.

OK......................let's see...................oh interesting.
I hope he take this match serious. I hope the guy doesn't rap to me, I hope he doesn't rap............to me!
But a man like that. No real objectives other than to serve his own ends.
He can't understand my goal, he can't be as determined as me, therefore he can't win.

ACTION SAXTON

Funny. He's a funny guy. I like him.
I hope he has the ability to laugh it off when I come through victorious this week.
It's nothing personal, I'd rather not you have to be in the ring with me also.
Don't think any less of me I beg.

FERBIAN

Affluent I see. Rich also. Beloved, very admirable.
Stable.........stable upbringing.........
Hmmmm............I'm going to have to hurt him.

ARMANDO PARADYSE

Congratulations on winning last week to him, big match.
I'm merely doing him a favour, everyone has to be prepared for the feeling of a loss.
Better now than if he starts getting big-headed.
Let's hope he can drag his eyes from the ladies in attendance to see my fist travelling towards him, it could be a short trip to the floor and a long one home for him otherwise.

SEAN CRUZ

He seemed nice when I spoke to him.
Small man.
NB/ Minimal casualty to Mr. Cruz.

DK WILTON

If he's lucky to get so far he'll not survive this match.
I'll swiftly and pain......I can't guarantee painlessly, but I will put him out of his misery.​

She places the book down carefully where it was on the table.

OK, you can go now.

No, I still have questions to ask you, I'm not going anywhere. I was told to conduct and interview and that's exactly what's going to happen.

No, no talking. I wrote all I need to say.

No listen here you big cre-

Thanks you for your time, I wrote all I needed to say

He interrupts.

She just sighs and began to walk off in a huff at the realisation she isn't going to get anything out of him.

Wins and losses, noughts and crosses

He says rocking back and forth crossed-legged on his chair.

Wins and losses.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back