• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AS 24: Showtime Cougar vs. Scott Hammond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
The last time these two met up was when Showtime personally selected Hammond to be his opponent at the Lethal Lottery, almost a year on, Cougar is a champion once again and Hammond is hunting for gold. Will one half of the Brothers in Arms try and provide some justice against the Showman of WZCW or will Showtime continue to make his presence felt once again?

Deadline is Tuesday, November 30th at 11:59 PM EST.

The scene fades into the inside of a taxi, as Hammond and Wasabi Toyota, squeezed into the back, can been seen

You were right, Sal's is one kick ass pizza place. I do feel like I'm gonna explode though. On a serious note, are we totally sure that this is what we want to be doing?

Definitely, they have gone too far this time.

Okay bro, I just want to be sure. My mind is just all over the place right now. With everything going on, you know. And come Ascension, I got to deal with the Elite X Champion Showtime Cougar. Almost a year ago, at Lethal Lottery, we both met, so I guess its kind of fitting that its come round to this.

Yes well, your going to have to put personal issues to the side come Ascension, because Showtime has been on a huge roll recently.

I know, I saw his Lethal Lottery qualification match last week. That reminds me, just remember that when we hit the gym tonight, I need your help finding a way to counter the 'Commercial Break' submission, that cool?

Of course

Showtime made minced meat out of Hancock, and that is the last thing that we need right now. I really though Reynolds was going to get retribution this week, but this is why I have to be so careful. Cougar is an opportunist, so I'm going to have to take my chances when they come. I look at both of us, this time last year we were both trying to stamp our mark on WZCW, and now, we've both done it in different ways. Showtime is ruling the airways right now, triple crown winner, and me, one member of the greatest tag team in WZCW, and of course not forgetting future tag team champion. But before all of that goes down, you and I have some business to attend to.

At this point, the taxi driver begins to slow down. His meter stops with it, and turns to the BIA

That'll be 20.50 guys

Hammond hands over some money and thanks the driver before both men exit the taxi. They stop and look up, the words 'police department' can be seen, as both members of the BIA look at each other and nod in agreement, before entering the building. They both walk to the front desk, where an officer is sitting, doing some paperwork

Hello gentlemen, can I help you with anything today?

Yes, we would like to report an assault...actually, a number of assaults.

Okay, firstly, who are the alleged suspects?

Dr Steven Kurtesy, Doug Crashin and Steven Holmes, collectively known as The Crashin Movement.

What is that, some kind of cult?

NO! They are a group of wrestlers, who for weeks now have been trying to take myself and my partner out.

Your partner? This guy? I didn't know you were...you know, gay.

No idiot, my tag team partner! We have both been victims of despicable attacks by these men, week in and week out and we are sick of it. After their attack last week on Meltdown, its obvious that WZCW is going to do nothing about it, and so we decided to take matters into our own hands.

The Officer, stares blankly at them for a few moments

Your serious? No offence, but I though wrestling was faker than Kim Kardashian's ass. Its all make believe right? These guys aren't really kicking your ass, your just letting them so that you can get your own back later right?

What in the name of Charlie Sheen are you talking about?

We are the victims here. Don't go patronising us sir, I can assure you our plight is very real!

Yeah yeah, hey go waste someone else's time.

Just as the Officer says that, a man dressed in a long black trench coat walks by, and double takes the BIA's

Your the Brothers In Arms right?

Yes we are.

Come with me.

The man leads them into a small room and sits down at the desk and asks them to join him

My name is Detetive Inspector Carter, and I couldn't help but overhear your case. I think you might be onto something here. The actions of The Crashin Movement have not been far removed from what I would consider assault, and I am sure that I can build a solid case for you both. But I will need something in return...signed t-shirts. How does that sound?

Like blackmail.

What he means is yes, anything that you can do to help would be greatly appreciated. So...what's the plan?

Okay, here is where I think we can go from here...

Carter pulls the black blinds down over his office window as the scene slowly fades to black

Scene opens backstage on the set of The Show. Showtime David Cougar is standing off to the side as The Show is about to begin. He is dressed in his usual suit and the Elite X belt is drapped over his shoulder. His thoughts can be heard.

It’s been so long since I’ve done a live show. I can actually feel that chill people talk about when they get nervous, but I have absoutely nothing to be nervous about. I am the Elite X champion and soon to be Lethal Lottery Winner. I have dismantled Austin Reynolds reign, destroyed his career, and damaged his reputation, and it was all thanks to him and his ego. Nobody can touch me now. Nobody.

Announcer: and now here is the star of The Show, the Elite X Champion... Showtime... David Couuuuugarrrrr...

Showtime walks out onto the stage to a huge ovation. He gets to the centre of the stage and waves at the crowd as they start to quiet down.

Cougar: Today’s show is about life lessons... like the ones Austin Reynods learnt.

The crowd breaks out into a big cheer when they hear Austin.

Yes, yes I know, he’s a popular guy. Loved... almost as much as me... but let’s turn down the love for a minute.

Austin learnt the consequences that happen when everything gets handed down to you. Throughout Austin’s career here in WZCW since the very beginning he’s been handed Title matches... number 1 contender opportunities... and up until that Ascension after Redemption... he’d been unsuccessful. And then he continued to get stuff handed down to him. He was handed an opponent who never came close to be beating him several times... given a popular segment on Meltdown each and every week... he was even GIVEN a victory over myself. The lesson here is when you are given everything you soon forget what it is like to win and defend everything and once that happens then you lose everything. Austin Reynolds has now lost everything... his title... his pride... his confidence. I have taken it all from him. I even took away his chance to go to Lethal Lottery. But of course, as with Austin’s career, what has managment done for him... they have given him another chance yet again... against an opponent you’d have to be crazy to think coud beat Austin. DK Wilton is right up Austin’s level of competition that he can look good against... and I could not be more thrilled about this opportunity for Austin as it gives me one more chance to take something away from him. Austin has been played like a puppet as I’ve orchestrated his fall, and his petty temper has now caused him to lash out in a jealous way. The only thing damaged last Ascension was not our fully insured limo... the only thing damaged was Austin’s reputation and that is something that can’t be handed back to Austin this time.

But enough about Austin... tonight we have a very special guest. From the moment he crashed the Crashin bomb I knew that he woud be a powerful force in this company. He has the size, the strength, and the mouth piece to make great things happen. The only thing holding him back, jealous competition, something all to familiar in the realm of politics. Well I am here to cast my approval of this man and together we wil change WZCW for the better. So let’s all give a warm welcome for John Constantine!

The familiar music of Constantine plays and John emerges from the side. Showtime greets him and the two shake hands and hug. They both turn to the audience and raise their hands and then make their way to Showtimes desk and couch.

John it is a pleasure to have you on The Show here tonight.

Constantine: The pleasure is all mine Showtime. To be in front of an audience of people who understand where were coming from... who want to be saved and not end up like their vandaist hero... Austin Reynolds... to not be like the guilty 5 at All or Nothing and turn a fair fight into a hate crime.

And speaking of those 5, you are facing one of them this week in the form of a masked pyscho named Baez. I think we are all curious to know what you plan on doing to Baez inside that ring.

I am going to make an example out of him to the rest of the EurAsian competition. Baez is the scum of society that I must clean off our streets. He had no business even being included in a match for the prestigise EurAsian championship, let alone inside a WZCW ring. Weapons will be useless and rules will be enforced as I tear apart the wings of this hardcore fly and win my Lethal Lottery spot that should’ve already been mine... and I trust this time you will assist me... as I have assisted you already Showtime.

Constantine... you have my word, we will beat that unsightly Baez who fancies himself a hero. Hero’s don’t wear masks... not in real life anyway... only criminals do and the crimes Baez has made against you will not go unpunished. We will reveal the man behind the mask and he will turn out to be nothing more... than a beaten and scared man. And the Showtime Power Trip will be one step closer to competiting at Kingdom Come for the WZCW Title.

Now that’s what a poitician likes to hear. Promises that wont be broken.

Showtime and Constantine shake hands. The crowd applauds but not very loudly.

You know I find it funny the opponents managment has hand selected us to face this week, a couple of former Mayhem Champions, the trash of WZCW which managment wants us to quietly and forcefully sweep under the rug.

You were once a Mayhem Champion too, weren’t you?

Yes... yes I was and Ty as well. He and I battled for the Mayhem championship during the pinnacle of its time in WZCW. We were the two most talented wrestlers to ever hold the belt and look at us now... the current WZCW and Elite X Champions. These two, Baez and my opponent Scott Hammond... are not me and Ty and never will be like us. They should’ve stayed where they belong in their chaotic circle and ended their careers being carted away on a stretcher.

Scott Hammond I once thought had all the potential in the world. That is why I chose him to defend my EurAsian title against at Lethal Lottery. And Scott didn’t disappoint as he and I put together a fantastic match. Like with Reynolds, I had helped make Scott a somebody and managment put him in the EurAsian division. And what did he do from there? It took him his very last match and interference from Blade to pick up a win against guys who pride themselves on their wrestling skill. He then won the Mayhem Title and limped through the darkest days of the belt with the 24/7 rule. And since then... nothing... Scott Hammond has won no big matches since he won the Mayhem belt and couldn’t even become Tag Team Champion with possibly the most intimidating partner in WZCW history... Wasabi Honda is it...

I thought Toyota...

Some car company... and here we are now Scott Hammond... almost one year from then and I’ve continued to add to my accomplishments... while you remain as you were the day I beat you... a somebody who can’t win anything.

Well at Ascension I don’t even need to waste my time going to the ring to compete in a match verse you... but I will be more than willing to go out there and make an example of you to my Lethal Lottery competition that I intend to go all the way to the final and I intend to do whatever it takes to win...

Or for me too win...

Showtime and Constantine stare at each other. They know their egos and desires to hold the WZCW Champinship will one day cause a rift between them, but for now they remain allies.

Yes... or you. Now were going to go to our first commercial break. When we return John is going to give us all his platform on how he can make WZCW a perfect place for fans and wrestlers and later Danko Jones will perform songs off his new album... you don’t want to miss it.

Showtime takes the Elite X Title belt off his shoulder and rests it on the tabe. Both Constantine and Showtimes eyes watch the belt and they go into conversation as the screen fades out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back