Armistice Day

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
Today is a day to remember the ending of the First World War, those that lost their lives during the wars, those that survived, those that have never been found. We remember the horrors that war results.

[YOUTUBE]FfNo6WVt-uc&autoplay=1[/YOUTUBE]​

37093_remembrance-poppy.jpg

You know the thing that always brings a little tear to my eye? When you look at the war memorial on the 12th November and you see all the poppies down. Then you see the hundreds of crosses and then you notice just how many stars of David there are and how many crescents. Simple fact British people from all walks of life died during the wars. Scottish, Welsh, Northern irish, English, Christian, Atheist, Jewish, Sikh and of course Muslim. Lets not turn this into a racial thing and not forget those brave men and women who stood alongside each other, fought for our freedom and died.

RIP.

Plus the work of the commonwealth. From New Zealand to Canada. From the Ghurka's in Nepal to Australia. From India to South Africa and eveywhere inbetween.

You know the thing that always brings a little tear to my eye? When you look at the war memorial on the 12th November and you see all the poppies down. Then you see the hundreds of crosses and then you notice just how many stars of David there are and how many crescents. Simple fact British people from all walks of life died during the wars. Scottish, Welsh, Northern irish, English, Christian, Atheist, Jewish, Sikh and of course Muslim. Lets not turn this into a racial thing and not forget those brave men and women who stood alongside each other, fought for our freedom and died.

RIP.

Plus the work of the commonwealth. From New Zealand to Canada. From the Ghurka's in Nepal to Australia. From India to South Africa and eveywhere inbetween.

Quite right, Lee. I would also add that there were a large number of fighters from outside the Commonwealth too, such as the Polish fighter pilots who played such a big role in the Battle of Britain or the Irish Volunteers who fought so bravely on the Somme and who continue to provide a large portion of our armed forces to this day.

_44615131_poppies1_416.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back