Armageddon: Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

WWE Women's Championship Match
(c) Beth Phoenix vs Mickie James

Mickie James has been on the roll of her career lately, and she hopes to use that momentum to overcome a rather sizable speed bump known as Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix.

The Glamazon enters the Women’s Championship Match having intimidated nearly every Diva on the roster by flaunting her unique size and strength advantage. But for her part, Mickie, a former Women’s Champion, continues to ride a wave of momentum that has carried her through to the title opportunity with a win recently against Melina on Raw.

Having tasted championship gold three times before, Mickie could certainly draw on her experience as a former Women’s Champion to formulate a plan of attack that will emphasize her many strengths. She may need to rely heavily on the stamina and quickness that she’s showcased the past several weeks to notch an upset over the Glamazon.

It must be said, however, that the Glamazon will not go gently. The self-described “perfect combination of strength and beauty” has leveled anyone who has dared challenge her rule. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, however, the fact remains that Phoenix is indeed vulnerable. One need only look to her match at Unforgiven against Candice Michelle to recall how the former Women’s Champion surprised Phoenix with a crucifix roll-up to earn the three-count.

The question remains, can Mickie keep her winning streak alive even against the force of Phoenix? Or will the Glamazon lay yet another Diva to waste?

Be sure to catch Armageddon, live on pay-per-view, on Sunday Dec. 16 at 8/7 CT to find out.

This should be the best women's title match we've seen in WWE since Mickie vs. Melina at Backlash. Plus it's a relatively fresh matchup. I see Phoenix retaining here, however it will be in controversial fashion. That way they can have a rematch next month at the Rumble.

All I have to say is finally! A womens match that will be worth watching on PPV. Beth vs Mickie will probably be the best Womens Match that we've seen in a long, long time. Both girls can wrestle, which is hard to come by in WWE. The feud has been avoided and hinted for a long time now, and now that it's coming to life at Armageddon and I for one am looking forward to it. I expect Beth to retain here, but should this feud hold up to it's expectations I can see Mickie winning the title at Mania or something like that.

Goodness...well go ahead and take a picture of this becuase itll be a historical thing im about to say...

I am straight up excited about a womens championship match at a PPV.

YEA I SAID IT. This should actually be really good. Beth is awesome, Mickie is awesome. I even wonder if this could surpass Mickie VS Trish at WM 22, which is honestly probably the best womens match ive ever seen. I see beth retaining, as she hasnt had much of a real run yet, probably the first in a series of matches.

I am very glad that this match is happening but at the same time I have some doubts and am kind of disappointed.

The match should be great because Mickie James is the best female wrestler on the roster and Beth is amazing as well. And I have been waiting to see this match for a long time.

I have doubts because I can see the creative team messing this one up and not giving it the proper amount of time it needs. They think that the Womens Division isn't special and gives them five minutes to put on a match.

I am disappointed because I truly wanted to see this match at Wrestlemania. Make it another big feud and have them fight at Wrestlemania. That would be great and might be just as good as Trish/ Mickie at Wrestlemania 22. This leaves the WWE out of a really good feud for Wrestlemania unless they decide to have a Victoria/ Beth feud or Victoria/Mickie feud.

Mighty Norcal and I are on the same page with this one. For the first time, I might actually enjoy a divas match. In fact, this won't even be my "piss-break match"...that honor goes to Finlay/Khali.

I don't think anyone is really expecting Mickie to win, but rather lose and have a rematch at the Royal Rumble. As long as these girls give it their all, it should actually be entertaining.

I cant wait for this match. Both women are very talented and will put on a good match. As for their feud I'm not sure how much longer it will last because Candice will be returning soon nd wwe will want Candice vs. Beth instead Beth vs. Mickie, which i believe is stupid seeing how mickies better that candice.

I also would have liked to see this match saved for Mania. However, what other choice did they have. Outside of Mickie, which diva (that's a babyface) can actually wrestle. They need to turn one of the heels(Melina, Victoria, or Jillian)who can wrestle, babyface for right now, imo.

As for Mania, maybe WWE will do a multi women's match for the title(ie, triple threat, four-way, or six pack challenge). Or maybe they plan on debuting Natalie Niedhart(sp?), and have her take on Beth Phoenix at Mania.

Im excited about this match looks very promising but i do agree it should have been held off for mainia.But you never know maybe there saving Jillian Vs Beth for mainia.(probably not but one can hope)

I agree that this match will be good. I also think that Beth will retain because first, she hasn't had that long of a reign, and second, because this isn't a feud that should only last through one PPV

These are two talented divas, but don't forget that this is the WWE and they are famous for pulling crap out of good matches. This should be decent, I'm not looking forward to it because there's no point to look forward to a divas match in the WWE. I see Beth picking up the win here. This feud will continue until Candice returns where the Candice/Glamazon feud will restart.

For everybody that are hoping that this match is the start for the feud between Mickie James and Beth Phoenix, i hate to burst your bubble but it'S not the start if the feud between the two. Yes, it will be a really good match and yes, if giving the time it might be one of the best woman's match in a while but that's it. Mickie James was put in this position because there is nobody else that can be put in there. I'm predicting that Beth Phoenix beats Mickie James at armageddon then maybe gets one other title shot the next night on raw or the last raw of the year and that's it's.

Finally, a good women's match. It's the first time in a long time that a Diva's match has been booked with the potential to be pretty damn good. James knows how to work the crowd, and Phoenix has the mini Chyna thing going for her. I think Phoenix ends up winning this one pretty hands down though.

This is a very predictable match which will probably be a squash match. Beth Phoenix is going to have the Women's title for a very long time, the only person I see beating her for the belt is Candice, probably at WrestleMania 24. Mickie James will use her speed to get some offense in on Phoenix early into the match, but that won't last long before Beth destroys her. This is going to be no more than 5 minutes.

i think that micke james is going to win the championship.

i think this beause nearley all the divas hate the glamozon so there going to come out distract beth phoinek will micke is on the floor then micke will grab her hair pull her in to the middle of the ring snog her then kick her in the face then roll her up

I think its pretty safe to say Beth will retain her title against Mickie. WWE is setting up the return of candice so Beth needs to win so Candice can feud with her over her injury she caused and the title. Anyway it should be the best womens match this year as both are women that can actually wrestler, but Beth will win, hands down!

I agree, I think Beth is deff. Gonna win this tonight, And I also think it will end in a squash ending, its sad, cause it shouldnt, but I think it will.

Why is it that the WWE seems to be against pushing mickie? she is the best wrestler out of the entire diva group and yet they continue to push candice, who BTW lost all her momentum as soon as she won the championship and changed her music...

But yeah, if given time this would easily probably be the best diva match in a long freaking time. I'm looking foreward to this match. should be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back