Are you ECW or WWE?

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by AussieHobo, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prophet

Prophet Dark Match Winner

I'm actually a fan of both. Probably more of a WWE fan though. I didn't watch as much ECW back in the day, but I'm sure I'll be keeping an eye out on it.

2. ECW WWE! bah. its all the same.

and guys please dont call it ECW because it's not. call it WWeCW

3. robertthechip

robertthechip Occasional Pre-Show

i have to agree with peoples champ if its wrestlin i'm all about it bottomline

4. takerrocks

takerrocks New Member

im wwe all the way you never know what vince is going to come up with....dont get me wrong ecw is good as weel with some good talent

5. hitman77

hitman77 Dark Match Jobber

:wtf: ECW all the way baby :wwf: Sucks Ass big sweaty hairy ass:twak:

6. robertthechip

robertthechip Occasional Pre-Show

we can argue about it all day the sad truth is Vince mcmahon gets paid regardless

7. I would think that the fools who are "pro ECW" would see through the smoke by now! Vince OWNS ECW (I agree with Lawler, Extremely Crappy "Wrestling") therefore I do not look for ECW to last more than it's summer run on Sci-Fi Networks and nothing more than that. After this summer, I see ECW once again being shelved, it's older talent either being put to pasture or made trainers in one of the miscellanious WWE Talent Schools (OVW, DSW, ect.), and stars such as Big Show, Kurt Angle, and RVD (Real Venerial Desease) returning to Raw! And Smackdown! with thier bodies more beaten and bruised for the effort. I also see Heyman taking a permanent powder and Vince useing the whole ECW Returns thing as a huge tax write-off.

8. IrishFCF

IrishFCF Dark Match Jobber

My answer can't be WWE, because I happen to like wrestling, and they put on maybe one good wrestling match a year. They have two kinds of "superstars":

1) Incredibly talented guys that they picked up, and then subsequently watered down, and occassionally slap a ******ed gimmick on. (Nova, RVD, Rey,etc)

2) Juiced up muscleheads or "BIG" men who couldn't work a match if their life depended on it. (Chris Masters, Batista, that huge freak they just got, Cali? )

I expect ECW to be watered down the same way that WWE waters down their talent over the years, but I hope otherwise. Anyone who can appreciate what the WWE does now a days is quite obviously not a fan of wrestling, because there is none to be found on their shows.

Fuck WWE. Find a good indy promotion to support.

9. TheWholeF'nShow2006

TheWholeF'nShow2006 Dark Match Jobber

whatever is there, I'll watch it really. I support ECW more than others though.

I'm still not 100% about this new version of ECW either, it really depends on how loose the reigns of Vince McMahon get. But this is certain, he's going to make money off the split of WWE/ECW fans that is being created as we speak. Somehow I don't think this will be the only hostile crowd we see, only there will be a few on both sides of the fence. Just like a football game:headbanger:

10. TheSandman

TheSandman Guest

I AM ECW! bottom line.:robvandam: :raven: :sabu2: :snuka:

11. therealdeal

therealdeal Guest

ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW

:wwf: is to predictable these days plus ecw will be crazy, un-predicatble, new and totally exciting plus there is :robvandam: and :sabu2:

ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW

12. 5thHorseman

5thHorseman Getting Noticed By Management

If you think that, then i say to quote The Rock... IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!!! have you ever watched the original ECW product? IF so then you should understand why us "Pro-ECW" fools are seeing through the smoke of your bad judgement. Besides you didn't even answer the forum question, Are you ECW or WWE, or in your exception, just a hater with anything to do with wrestling? You know there's a problem when you agree with Jerry "the King" Lawler, the man hasn't said or did anything important since his USWA days(Another WWE owned company, that used to have a TV deal.) except for coining the corny phrase "PUPPIES" and being choked out by TAZ

13. billywhizz

billywhizz Guest

Being from ireland i've been spoonfed wwe for the last 15 years with only a small amount of ecw coverage, woud have to say that the most impressive thing about ecw is the fans. Their chants and reactions last night were brilliant.
    From the little i have seen of ecw it seemsto be about WRESTLING and hardcore( target audience men), were wwe is about entertainment (target audience families). I let my daughter(aged 7) watch wwe but there is no chance in hell she will be watching ecw.
    So i ike ecw for ts hardcore wrestling nad wwe for its entertainment.

14. FTWChamp

FTWChamp Occasional Pre-Show

How is there any question on which one wrestling fans should side with. ECW is wrestling, WWE is sports entertainment. I am also worried about the state of ECW after last night, but watching it, the problems can be fixed. Here are my key problems with the ONS pay per view last night:

1. They didn't have the real music for the guys like RVD, Balls Mahoney, and especially Sandman. Vince ruined the chance of us seeing three of the best wrestling entrances in the business. I felt very cheated that I didn't get to hear these guys coming out to Pantera, ACDC, and Metallica. The Sandman had, hands down, the best wrestling entrance in the history of this business and we were robbed of that last night. If Vince ponies up and pays some royalties maybe we'll get those eventually.

2. Too much WWE involvement. I can live with it b/c I saw first-hand what it did for the casual wrestling fan. My wife watched every minute of the event with me and she was not nearly into the all-ECW matches as she was the inter-promotional stuff. This is b/c she never watched the ECW product before we started going out. I just hope and pray that it will be over after the ECW show gets off and running.

3. The stop of the Mysterio-Sabu match. Someone should have been rushed to the hospital if they were going to end that match. I'm sure it was just a way for the WWE to save face and for ECW to do so as well. What we saw before the stop though could have been the best match on the card if it had continued. Mysterio really raised his game last night after a disappointing showing last year.

4. RVD winning in the fashion he did. It was ECW rules so there was no problem with someone interfering. I just wish it had been an ECW guy and let the WWE build there feud on there own fucking show.

Now the great things about this event were the Angle-Orton and F.B.I.-Super Crazy & Tajiri matches for one. They were the both pure wrestling matches of the night. Also seeing RVD finally winning gold was worth the cost of ordering the PPV to me. All of you out there who want to bash RVD, you aren't true wrestling fans and you should just shut the fuck up b/c you have no idea what you're talking about. This guy is the best wrestler that has never won a world title, before last night, hands down.

Oddly enough I didn't mind Eugene showing up because of the symbolism. I really think the booking team saw this as pure symbolism. Eugene embodies everything that is wrong with the WWE and sports entertainment. The Sandman embodies all that is right with ECW. I can definately relate to a chain smoker who loves to drink beer. I enjoyed the symbolism although it could have happened sometime before the lead up to the main event.

Now I'm not bashing the WWE or Vince. He gave Heyman a chance to bring back this company that I will love to my dying day. I do hope that he takes a step back and lets Heyman and Dreamer run it the way they see fit. I also hope that we get a two hour show eventually. But those of you who think that this is just a summer thing, you must be out of your fucking mind. Why would Vince take all these chances, especially seeing the money that is pouring in already from this venture, and pull the plug on it after three months. You stupid fucking marks get on my last nerve. Give ECW a chance. The WWE can be entertaining at times, but I guarantee you, you will not find a better wrestling program on television, week in and week out, than what you're going to see on Sci-Fi.

15. 5thHorseman

Damn right FTWChamp! tell those bitches! Amen, some one that sees it like me! thank you for this.

16. virginpusher

virginpusher Pre-Show Stalwart

I'll put this simpily...

There is a reason that WWE isnt pulling the 6.0 ratings they used to get.

ECW has a cult following that cant be denied. Hence why they brought it back. Paul is going to go great lengths with this methinks.

ECW!!!

Its crazy because i never thought i would be back on a wrestling board after ECW folded. Glad to see it back!

17. FTWChamp

Thanks for the vote of confidence 5th Horsemen. Also kickass forum name there. I'm just glad to see someone else gets tired of some of the dumbass WWE marks on these forums. If you want to side with WWE that's fine, but don't put down a product and a wrestler the calibers of ECW and RVD.

18. virginpusher

WWE Marks? I didnt know there was such a thing. LOL :laugh:

19. ECWfreak64

ECWfreak64 Guest

ECW fucking rocks they deserve to be back. I watched the classic Sandman vs. Sabu In the Stairway To hell match on you tube and it reminded me of what I missed for so long. I started to watch TNA trying to fill the void but nothing cna Replace E-C-W

20. Bigt5687

Bigt5687 Dark Match Jobber

without vince your precious ecw wouldn't be there. WWE for life, ECW sucks

21. 5thHorseman

without vince everyone's precious wwe wouldn't be there either

:twak:

ECW lives, to reiterarate something said by Paul Heyman, "This didn’t happen because of Paul Heyman, because of Vince McMahon, this happened because of you. If ever the phrase “by popular demand” ever rang true, from every single one of them from the bottom of his heart, thank you!"

22. virginpusher

I have wholeheartedly come to concurrence with this post.

This is realistically all of the fans doing. Really. we have seen how well Vinnie uses ECW talent. He doesnt.

Paul has a mind like us. He knows what we want.

Let me break it down for our wwe friend.

Take for example punk music. I dont know if you are old enough but i'll give it a go anyways.

Punk isnt music. Punk isnt a fashion statement. Punk is a lifestyle.
    Punk was anti absolutely everything and when it surfaced in the 70's there was a group of people that were hungry for it. They werent fashionable little emo rockers. They were the scum of the earth. Living in this society was the bane of their exisistance. It was a revolt and snide remarks from those in the very society fueled the very passion they shared. They were destructive, they were drug users, they were alcoholics, they faught often and get arrested just as much. They were the thorn in the side of society.

ECW isnt a company. ECW isnt the higher ups that OK the script. ECW is the fans. When the company disbanded and was misused by a man who didnt know what to do with them the fans were waiting. When a wrestler from ECW appeared in the ring and gave his heart and soul the fans stood at attention with an ovation and cheers and the sound of ECW filled a vinnie mac event. The fans are chaotic, they are rowdy, they are bloodthristy and ready to markout unparreled to any other set of fans in any given wrestling company. They appreciated the hardwork, the creativity, the bumps and bruises and broken bones and they drove the wrestlers with an infectious passion that made men continue wrestling in spite of injury.

That same passion never died. Videos circulated and fans discussed dream matches and whatif's (if the company has never folded). It never went away. It became a spreading cancer. In 2005 in an attempt to quench the ever growing thrist these fans where given what they desired. A night at what better location. They were fed but the hunger never died.

Finally in his age good old vinnie put his hands up. He backed away from this monster and gave paulie creative control and his own timeslot. He was unable to make it disappear as he did WCW. Solely and independantly and fueled by dreams the fans kept the company alive. In the face of adversity they have sown their seed on good solid and fertile ground and now they reap what they sow.

It is the passion of the fans that kept this alive and it is the passion of the fans that keeps these wrestlers motovated. Afterall without the fans you would just have an empty echoing arena constantly reminding the wrestlers that something is missing. The fans.

23. TerrellCow

TerrellCow Guest

I'm WWE because of the simple fact that It represent the true essence of wrestling and because ECW represents a more ruthless version of wrestling.

24. FTWChamp

My God you guys are kickass. If you lived in Lexington, KY I'd be taking you boys out and buying you some pitchers of beer. You guys are dead on with your thoughts on the WWE. That's what kills me about the dumb fucking ******ed WWE marks. They're answer's usually goes as follows:

"ECW fuckin sucks, I can't wait until it's gone. Why did they bring back this company? What are they thinking?"

"RVD is a mid-carder who could never make it!"

"Cena kicks ass, they wouldn't let him lose to a has-been like RVD!"

"Sandman, Dreamer, Funk.......these guys never made it in the WWE and ECW! They fuckin suck!"

I cannot stomach hearing this shit from people day in and day out. You are exactly right. Punk music is a farce today of what it was at one point. These fuckin emo kids run around and think they are punk because they are emo and what not. The fact is punk, it its purest form, was like you said, the outcasts of society. It was made by The Clash, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, etc. Punk is not the shit you hear on the radio today.

Just like the WWE, as much as I do enjoy it at times and used to love it as a kid, is a farce of what wrestling used to be and what it was when it reached its peak in the time of the original run of ECW. The WWE is a farce of what it used to be. We now have a Eminem wannabe, a cheerleading group that has ruined the name and the future of some great talent, a Headshrinker rip-off, and so on and so on. The worst of them all I feel is Eugene. A mentally handicap wrestler who steals legends moves. He embodies everything wrong with "sports entertainment", while guys like the Sandman embody everything right with professional wrestling.

ECW was not wrestling, it was the fans. It was a fucking movement. It is something you can be proud of, unlike the WWE. Honestly I was at the office today talking about the PPV last night. I have never done that with a WWE product. But when I talked about ECW, I was proud to talk about it. Why? Because it's not fucking embarrassing. People with any sense respect ECW, even if they are not fans of the product itself. They know what these guys put themselves through just to entertain the fans and my God I love them for every single minute of it.

I'm not putting the WWE down, as they have made it possible to bring back ECW. They do put there bodies on the line every night for the fans and I do respect them for it. I do still watch the WWE for some characters but there is no question on which I would choose in a heartbeat.

There is no question as to which I am. I will carry the fucking ECW flag til the day it dies or I die, one or the other!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.