Are they alive?

Dowdsy McDowds

Sally was here
I hope I'm not alone with this problem; does anyone else find themselves watching a film from, lets say, over 10 years ago and can't remember if one of the cast is alive or not?

I'm watching Waterworld to kill some time and I recognise Dennis Hopper. I struggle for several minutes trying to remember if he is actually alive or not.

Brittany Murphy still catches me out too. Anyone else?

Waterworld is an EXTREMELY underrated film. Yes, I have the same problem at times, so you're not alone on that. Seriously though, is Dennis Hopper alive?

I more often google an actor to see if they have won/been nominated for an oscar and if so, how many times. I proceed to judge them based on that precedent.

After randomly watching Scarface one day a few years ago, I had no idea Paul Shenar (he played Alejandro Sosa) died back in the late 80's. Chris Penn is another one that got me. He was Joe's son in Reservoir Dogs, had a part In True Romance as Dimes, and he was in the original Rush Hour.

Shocking, I know. I stopped paying attention to Sean after Mystic River for the most part, although I still get a kick out of watching him in Carlito's Way and The Game.

[YOUTUBE]hYQIObd_bog[/YOUTUBE]

After randomly watching Scarface one day a few years ago, I had no idea Paul Shenar (he played Alejandro Sosa) died back in the late 80's. Chris Penn is another one that got me. He was Joe's son in Reservoir Dogs, had a part In True Romance as Dimes, and he was in the original Rush Hour.

I can't think of him in True Romance without also thinking about Tom Sizemore too who I believe is still alive, but his career is definitely dead.

Shame too because he had a great run in the 90s; True Romance, Heat, Saving Private Ryan, Enemy of the State, Strange Days and Black Hawk Down (just missing the 90s window.) He was also pretty good in a TV movie I saw late one night called Sins of the Father which is about racism in the deep south, really want to find it again.

Seizmore is a shame, because his demons got the best of him a long time ago. I especially enjoyed him in Enemy Of The State and Saving Private Ryan. His last film that came close to resembling a worthwhile mainstream release was Paparazzi years ago. It tries to be this audacious thriller, but Paparazzi eventually devolves into a cheesy and over the top revenge flick. Awful film.

I was watching the film Kids recently and was surprised to find out like half of them had died

I am not afflicted with your malady, but I did think of your thread the other night when I saw Hank Aaron on Conan (I thought Hank Aaron had died in the 90s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back