• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are The Fans Getting Everything They Want Because HHH Is 'Taking Over?'

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
So this week we saw Triple H' take over' from Vince McMahon.For months on end the IWC and fans alike have wanted the following:

Christian to get the WHW Belt back.
CM Punk to win the WWE Title
John Cena to lose the belt
Daniel Bryan to be put into the Title picture

All this happened the night before Triple H 'took over' from Vince McMahon. Because of these changes, and Triple H now running the show, is this done to create an 'internet buzz' and get the casual fans back in front of the TV to watch WWE Products?

Alot of fans have moaned and moaned about McMahon/WWE and seemingly removing him and putting Trips in charge is a great incentive for some fans (disillusioned with Vince) to come back!!! 'Hey Trips is in charge now, they are giving the fans what they want'.

I have 2 predictions for next weeks Raw, and 2 things that again will make alot of fans happy.

Zack Ryder will get a match (and probably a win) on Raw. At the very least will get a promo.

Rey Mysterio will beat Miz to become Champion. The Mexican fanbase have probably lost alot of faith given Sin Cara is now suspended. WWE needs to take the focus off that and what better than a Rey Mysterio win. Hell, I wouldnt be surprised if Del Rio cashed in straight after the fight and became the new Champion.

UPDATE:
Well I was right. Ryder gets a match and Rey wins the gold.

Punk coming back was a no brainer, however, never thought of JR!

I don't think we're getting what we want because Triple H "took over", but I think we're getting what we want for two purposes. 1) They need to push through storylines and such, so that we can watch the action and 2) The WWE finally are starting to realise what we're wanting. However, I do believe that Triple H is going to make things different in the WWE and that it will start next Monday on Raw.

Like you say, after CM Punk invaded Comic-Con, asking about Zack Ryder, I think that he will also get a match on Raw. Whether he wins or loses, he needs to be used to see what kind of pop he gets in front of the crowd. The only thing, with a heel-type Punk putting him over through Promo, will Ryder be able to pull off being a heel, or will he have to be a face?

However, I disagree with your second prediction. Mysterio could win with Del Rio cashing in but personally, I'd prefer to see there be no champion after Raw, apart from Punk. He said at Comic-Con he'd take on anyone who wanted to try and beat him, so maybe come the end of Raw, he's still the WWE Champion? I'm not sure. If it went down as Rey vs Miz, I'd wanna see Miz come out on top. If you watched Money In The Bank, which I'm sure you did, Miz got pops like crazy when he came running back out with his Injury and he was pretty over with the crowd on Raw as well. So I would like to see Miz win the Championship. I know it won't happen, but I'd love it to.

Anyways, back onto your point. I definitely think that with HHH around, we're going to start seeing a lot more of what we want. Hopefully, it stays this way.

-Interesting theory, yes, we are starting to get what we want. I think christain was going to win regardless because of his whole heel turn, losing the belt just fueled his character.
-CM punk winning the title, so many people would have been pissed off with the wwe if punk had lost so punk winning was a must. of course, trips could have had something to do with it.
-John Cena, he lost the belt in order to not screw punk over and as i said, it was a must to have punk win the belt, plus we needed a new belt...
-Daniel bryan, that was suprising, i though sheamus was sure to win the MITB briefcase, a pleasant suprise of course, plus he has been working hard over the last, well, come summerslam, he has worked his ass off for at least a year so he deserves to be in the title picture.
-Zack Ryder may get a chance (though i hope he doesnt, or at least fails majorely), actually, maybe if him and hawkins both showed up and challenged the tag team champs to a match that could be exciting.
-I hope that Rey wins, he deserves a good title run, has never seemed to get a really good run with any world title so i hope he gets one. plus since ADR won MITB he is guaranteed to get the title, cause our mexican fanbase should be happy.

i think it is just a change in mindset - not neccesarily HHH. although commenting on what you said about punks remarks on the wwe title, i think there will be a miz/mysterio feud in summerslam after miz wins the belt. i think that punk saying anyone can face him, we will see punk feud with triple h for the old belt, as the one thing punk wanted was a big push, whats bigger than triple H, with a contract on the line for punk

I think they're starting to push those who deserve it and they're starting to acknowledge wrestling more and not "entertainment".

I wouldn't necessarily say that the IWC is getting everything they want. As a whole, it's impossible to please the IWC. For instance, there are actually people saying that John Cena vs. CM Punk at MITB sucked.

I do think that the WWE generally takes some sort of interest in the POV of the IWC, at least to some slight degree. However, Vince McMahon's decisions are based entirely upon what he believes will be the best outcome regardless of how the IWC feels about it. He's always been that way, he always will be that way and that's how it always should be. If he believes that the majority of the WWE audience will get behind something and will devote their time and money to watching it, then he'll let it go forward. Remember, there are plenty of folks in the IWC that feel Zack Ryder and Evan Bourne should be in the Raw main event set at this point in time. They want it because they just happen to like those two despite the fact that they've never drawn a dime in their life.

The thing is, in the end it's still a business. Vince McMahon made billions of dollars by doing not necessarily what we "want" but what sold the most tickets and merchandise and PPVs. Triple H knows that WWE is a business, so while some ideas may change and maybe some of the writing will change, for the most part WWE will remain the same. We'll get what sells the most T-shirts and PPVs, not necessarily what we "want."

WWE is just starting to understand, Vince is starting to realize that this whole internet thing is catching on.

This is the new media, Vince realizes this so he is starting to pay attention, what better mouthpiece for the transition than CM Punk.

I don't think it in necesarily HHH, but he is part of the shift and I'm fucking loving it. Wrestlemania gave me feline aids, MITB gave me wings...360 degree shift, thank you WWE

It depends on whether Triple H is really taking over......or whether his ascendancy is for storyline purposes only. If Vince is still calling all the shots, I doubt we'll be "getting what we want" unless it's a program he changes his own mind about. As with many other things going on in WWE, even storylines contain elements of reality (see: Punk, C.M.) and it's possible Triple H and Stephanie are being allowed to provide more input than before. If they are, we might see changes that would never have been implemented with Vince having sole control.

Interestingly, many people in this forum seem to be presuming that Triple H isn't yet getting what the storyline says he is: full control. Most posters think either Vince is in control as much as ever, or perhaps the Levesques have been given a bit more power than they had before.

Eventually, though, a full transition will take place; only heaven knows when......but someday. Only at that time will we see if Triple H's ideas are truly different than his father-in-laws'. If they are, we'll see some big changes.

Catering to the internet will not bring success to the WWE. ROH caters to the net about as good as anyone, they are a very good company, one I've probably put more dollars into than any the past 10 years. However, when you're traded on wallstreet, you have to be smarter than that.

What I see happening is more variety. comedy, technical, flying, mainstream, underground, etc. Which is what WWE needs and what they usually do well and are doing a great job at right now.

I was pretty pleased by HHH tonight. I mean, saying he re-signed Jomo seemed a little weird, as I don't remember him NEEDING to be resigned.. but whatever.
The Ryder/cole match was hilarious. All 30 sec of it.
One thing the people didn't get that they wanted was a different title to
be given to the winner of the tournament tonight. I'm hoping we do get to see
the new one soon. Like, after Punk wins the unification match with Cena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back