Archie Bunker's Wisdom

The Brain

King Of The Ring
His opinions on politics, religion, civil rights, women’s lib, homosexuality, gun control, etc. may be a little controversial but he’s right about the important stuff.

[YOUTUBE]ZFuniFSP2fo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]yuyR0fZ1MTY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I know there are a lot of young people here but if you aren't familiar with All In The Family do yourselves a favor and watch this show. It debuted almost 40 years ago but it still holds up. Classic.

Archie Bunker is basically my Grandpa, so I love the fuckin guy. He's got that same sense of humor that kills me and it's made even better with how politically uncorrect he is, which I like.

Also I thought I would contribute a bit from my favorite episode where Archie is at his best. ;)

[YOUTUBE]WcJuqCIdqGA[/YOUTUBE]

Archie, is easily in my top 3 favorite TV characters of all time. My dad and I never had much in common, but the one thing we could always do together was sit down and watch some Archie, Edith, Little Girl and Meathead. Even to this day, we'll try to watch it TV Land at least once every week or two while having dinner.

Side note: TV land is also THE FUCKING SHIT!

Without even reading the body of the thread, I now have an infinite amount respect for The Brain.

The rest of you are meatheads who should stifle themselves.

The sock one was great. Kind of sad this country has gotten so sensitive that a show like that wouldn't last long today.

Strikes me as an American Alf Garnett. Good stuff. Erm, Alf Garnett for those of you that don't know:

[YOUTUBE]LWKy4RHf5tQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Those were the days, unfortunately in today's society that show would be considered controversial. Carroll O'Connor played the role of Archie Bunker and Chief William Gillespie well despite the characters being polar opposites. I remember him being interviewed sometime in the early 80s talking about how tough it was for people to separate him from the Archie Bunker character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back