Apocalypse - Showtime Cougar vs. Ty Burna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Apocalypse-Grudge1.jpg

In WZCW, the phrase "Forgive and Forget" doesn't hold it's place amongst the roster and it's certainly holds true to the rivalry between Showtime Cougar and Ty Burna. They've crossed paths on numerous occasions in the past with the EurAsian and Mayhem Championships, but they have never been able to settle the score on who is the superior of these two men and this issue has been reignited over the past month leading to this match.

With Ty Burna's alliance with Vengeance becoming a force not to reckon with, Showtime will be wanting to show that he won't be taken lightly as a competitor nor a contender and he's managed to hold his own so far. Now at Apocalypse, they may hopefully settle their differences and use this match to gain momentum towards a World Heavyweight Championship opportunity in the near future.

Deadline is Tuesday 22nd June 2010

Day after Ascension

Scene opens at Mourning Wood Hospital. Leon Kensworth is scene walking down a hospital walkway. He stops in front of door 38C and turns to face the camera.

Leon: Hello WZCW fans, Leon Kensworth here. I’m at Mourning Wood Hospital today to give you all an exclusive update on the condition of Showtime David Cougar. At Ascension, Showtime was beaten by former rival Vengeance in a hellacious match and was then viciously assaulted after the bell. EMT’s were quick to check on him and he was then rushed to Mourning Wood where he has been kept under close observation. Now I’m going to go in and see how Showtime is doing and get his first official thoughts regarding Vengeance and his upcoming match wit Ty Burna.

Leon slowly opens the door. Sitting on the bed is a man in a full body cast. Leon’s face turns ghostly white. He runs his hand along his neck trying to loosen the tie and turns to face the camera.

Ladies and gentleman it appears Showtime is in a much worse state than previously reported. Showtime, Showtime. Can you hear me?

Leon walks up to the man in the body cast and taps on the cast covering his face. No response comes.

It appears Showtime is in a comatose state and is unable to hear me or respond to my questions.

????: Leon

Ahhh!!!

Leon stumbles back a step at the sound of his name and trips over a power cord, unplugging it. The heart rate monitor goes dead, emitting a loud, long constant beep sound.

Oh my God. Oh my God. What have I done. I’ve killed Showtime.

The curtain behind Leon opens and we see Showtime David Cougar sitting in the other bed. He waits a couple seconds as Leon begins to sob and cry and then makes his presence known.

Cougar: Leon, I’m sitting right here.

Showtime! Oh... thank God you’re well. Uh I wasn’t crying. The brightness in the hospital made my eyes...

Leon, you might want to think about plugging back in my roommates heart monitor or whatever you unplugged. You know, before he dies and you end up in the slammer.

Right right.

Leon plugs the cord back in and the heart rate monitor begins beeping again.

That’s better. We wouldn’t want a whole bunch of doctors and camera crews here and us explaining to his family why his life support was unplugged. His name’s Wesley Peters. Nice guy, pretty quiet though. I think I may have slept with his wife, boy it was weird seeing her again in here today. Nice though.

Leon turns and gives a dumbfounded look at Showtime.

Don’t worry Leon. He’s been in coma for weeks, he can’t hear nothing.

No not that, I mean, do you have no shame, sleeping around with any women you can get with.

Hey I have standards. Besides, it’s what talk show hosts do. Me and David Letterman and Matt Lauer have a bet going on.

Suddenly a women appears from under Showtime’s hospital bed. She properly adjusts her top and then slaps Showtime across the face before walking out.

Was that?

Like I said, it was weird, but nice too.

Anyway, getting back to why I came here. Showtime, the WZCW universe wants to know how you are holding up after the devastating match you had with Vengeance?

Well Leon, doctors have so far diagnosed me with a concussion. No real surprise there. You look at the way I fought that whole match you must’ve thought I’d been kick in the head or something. My focus was never on my opponent, a fatal mistake in any match.

Indeed. Why were you so fearful of Ty interfering?

Fearful? Leon I think you may need a CAT scan as well after that comment. We all saw what happened to Titus at the conclusion of his match. Vengeance and Ty worked together to fool the WZCW champion and I was not about to let that happen at Ascension. I know Ty, he’s a manipulative and powerful individual. I was not about to let him do the same to me in my match and looked to cut him off before he could strike. But like I said, Ty is manipulative. No doubt he must’ve brain washed those individuals to dress up in cloaks. He knew I was waiting for him and this time he outsmarted me.

Wow Showtime. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen you this humble.

It happens from defeat. You learn to give credit where credit is due and that there are more important things than just winning.

Showtime glances out the window. There’s a large green tree outside. A mother bird fly’s onto her nest and brings food to her babies. Down at the bottom of the tree, children run around playing and laughing. Showtime continues to just stare out the window and Leon looks puzzled at Showtime before coughing to break the silence. Showtime rubs his neck and turns to Leon.

Come on lets go for a walk.

Showtime, are you sure you should be walking?

What are you a doctor Leon? Of course I can walk. I was dropped on my head, not my foot. Besides I have to go up to the 6th floor now.

Showtime and Leon leave the room.

So what do you have to do on the 6th floor?

Doctors are running a few more tests and an MRI on my neck. The thing hasn’t felt quite right since Ascension.

Do you think it’s broken?

Heck no, I can move it just fine. It just stings a little.

Do you think it will affect your match with Ty?

Leon, my head is still throbbing from last night. Enough with all the questions.

Sorry.

Showtime and Leon stand in front of the elevator. Showtime pushes a button and an elevator door opens almost immediately. Showtime and Leon enter the elevator.

Yea... I’m sure in some way it could affect my match. Depending on the results of my tests it could affect my career, but I would never want to look at it that way. I will never use injury or weakness to cover up my losses. If Ty beats me at Apocalypse, it will be because he was the better man that night, just like I was the better man at Meltdown 39. This neck will not prevent me from showing up any more than if this elevator suddenly plummeted to ground.

Leon face goes white as the elevator finally reaches it’s floor without dropping to the ground. Showtime casually walks out and Leon quickly runs off after Showtime.

At Apocalypse, Showtime and Ty Burna will put on another instant classic. There will not be a fan in the audience disappointed with the match we have. I may not be 100% now, but at Apocalypse I will fight Ty with 110% of everything I got and if I need just a little bit more than hey, that’s what encores are for.

Leon I have to go. It was nice to see that someone came to check up on me. Even if it was just for official business.

Thank you Showtime for finding the time to talk to me. I hope your tests come up negative.

Showtime nods his head and walks into the MRI room.

-----------

2 days later

Showtime stands in front of Mourning Wood Hospital. he glances down the road and checks his watch. About twenty seconds later a limo pulls up and Showtime opens the down and climbs in.

????: And how are we feeling today?

Showtime turns towards the sound of the voice. It is the executive producer of The Show, Trent Stonewall.

A lot better thanks. Where the hell have you been?

Stonewall: Well we had to stop for cigars along the way and...

No I mean where the hell have you been for the past several months. The last time I saw you was when we went to Trevor Steel’s home.

Yes that is correct. When you added Trevor Steel to our payroll.

Our payroll?

Yes, you see I have assumed the duties of your agent shortly after that day after your agent, Walter Falls, had a little falling out with the law and is serving 5 years.

For what?

Fraud and embezzlement.

What, he embezzled from me and I wasn’t informed.

Oh don’t worry there Show. I’ve gladly stepped up and have down a far better job than he was doing. At this moment your talk show is one of the highest rated talk shows among our target audience. Sponsors and endorsements are coming to us left, right, and center. Your ShoWater and ShoVitamins are selling fast. I have us in talks for a book deal and the coup du grace, Season One of The Show, now on DVD and Blue-Ray. And I have a ton of stops for you along the way to Apocalypse for you to promote it.

That’s great and all, but I don’t really have the time for all this. I have to hit the gym and get back into ring shape.

I don’t think it’s such a good idea for you to be training so hard.

Doctors say I’m good to go.

Do they?

Trent reaches into his case and pulls out a folder.

What’s that?

It’s your medical records.

How did you get those?

Show baby don’t worry, I’m your agent. This information is classified for you and me only. Now lets see, Doctors say you have a bulging disc... C4 location. Doesn’t require surgery, but does need plenty of rest.

Doctors, what do they really know? They gave me a cortisone shot yesterday and I’ll get another one before my match and I’ll be good to go.

Masking the pain eh?

Yea, what about it?

Well I’m not going to say anything, because I’m sure Ty will have plenty to discuss if this information ever gets leaked. You claim Ty hides behind masks, well this is no different, and Ty will surely target the neck and snap it in two like a small twig if he finds out.

So what, you’re saying I should fight through the pain?

I’m saying that this sort of stuff didn’t happen when you cared more about yourself than you do these pathetic fans. Back in your beginnings when you were, I’ll say, less than loved by the fans you never got hurt. You won most of your matches and nothing at all stopped you from getting what you want. You wanted the Mayhem title, you took it. You wanted the EurAsian title, you beat Drake in less than 5 seconds. Do you see Ty succumbing to injury? Everest? Vengeance? No. They don’t get injured because they are ruthless, they take no prisoners, and they fight for themselves. You see guys like Chris Beckford, Rush, Trevor Steel, guys who fight for other people, they get injured and end their careers. The fans cheer for them and they perform to their limits, but do you think the fans care after these guys are dead and buried or being pushed around in wheel cheers. No, and you want to know why, because they want to see you fail.

I’m pretty sure they want me to win. That's why they cheer for me.

Oh they want you to do good; to put on an entertaining show for them and yes overcome the odds and win, but not all the time. No one wants to see a hero who’s flawless. They want to see you make mistakes, they want to see you fail at times. You remember a guy in the WZWF called Con Jena. He was the most loved man in the company and soon he became unbeatable in the ring. Every match he’d run the same series and finish it off with that chicken cross face maneuver of his and make everybody tap. And eventually, the fans all turned on him because they were sick of seeing beat every man who entered the ring and overcome all the odds. People love a hero, but eventually they all want to see them fall, and a hero always falls way down low. And Showtime I promise you one day the fans will turn on you and it will happen when you are at the height of your success here. So my advice is to care about numero uno, that be yourself, and not pander to the whims of these fans.

Showtime and Trent sit silently in the limo. Showtime reaches under the mini bar and produces a water bottle. He takes a long sip and speaks.

You know you would make a terrible, terrible, motivational speaker.

That you’re probably right on. I call it the way I see it. At least I’m good at making you money right?

Right. I appreciate your concern, over my career and my well being, but this isn’t a gimmick or a stunt or a charade. Where would I be without the fans? I think you and I both know. That would be cancelled. These fans keep me doing what I’m doing and I am paying them back by going out there and delivering night after night. I do it for them, for each and ever fan of my work and all the haters who think I’m over the top. I will put my body on the line all the time for them to give them the most entertaining bout or show they’ve seen. I love the fans, and will never turn on them, and they wont turn on me.

And as for Ty, you’re right, he will find out and he will make me pay for it. So I won’t take the cortisone shots anymore. If I can’t live through the pain than I definitely won’t beat Ty. In will train harder than I’ve ever trained before and fight through the pain. Ty has made it a very personal mission since Meltdown 39 to destroy me and now it’s time for me to really retaliate back.

Trent smiles and nods his head. He gives Showtime a modest clap, almost sarcastic.

That was very inspirational Show. You had me there. Okay I’ll tell you what, we’ll push most of you promoting until after Apocalypse, since most likely you’ll be needing time off after. We just want you to devote a small portion of your show towards promoting season 1 of The Show, 15 min, maybe the entire last half, sound good Show baby.

Showtime looks down at the floor and then chuckles a little bit.

Alright Trent, I think I could do that then.

Showtime leans back and looks relaxed. He helps himself to more of his water as Trent goes to read the paper. Trent suddenly puts down the paper.

You remember what Harvey said in The Dark Knight don’t you?

Yea, If I ever get back my copy from Leon.

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Trent smiles, thinking he’s gotten the last word on his point. Showtime leans over.

If that’s so, then I guess you’ll be on the street looking for a job.

Showtime laughs as Trent swings the paper at Showtime, who dodges it it. They chuckle as the camera fads.

----------

A week later

Scene opens on the set of The Show. Showtime David Cougar is seated behind his desk, dressed in usual suit attire.

Welcome back ladies and gentleman to The Show. Now at this time my producers want me to push this hot little number for the rest of the show.

David reaches under his desk and pulls out a copy of The Show Season 1 on Blue-Ray and DVD.

But I’m not going to because these things will pretty much sell themselves. I mean who wouldn’t want a copy. The Show Season 1 contains all the hilarious and shocking moments from the past year as well as a number of matches, hand picked by yours truly.

The three disc set goes on sale July 2nd, but you know what, that’s not good enough. I’m going to give you all a special treat. For the entire month of July you can view the disc’s in their entirely on WZCW.com.

The crowd gives a huge ovation. David glances off stage at Trent Stonewall who does not look impressed.

Ahh, who needs DVD sales anyway. Now that that’s out of the way, I want to talk to you all about something that has weighed heavily on my mind, and my match at Apocalypse with Ty Burna

The crowd boo’s at the mention of Ty. Showtime waits a second and then motions them to let him speak.

Ty Burna..... there isn’t really anything we can say about one and other that hasn’t been already said. The wars we’ve waged, the battles we’ve fought. Careers have ended and lives have been permanently changed forever in our pursuit to be the best. It has all been said and done countless times over with each of us tasting sweet victory and bitter defeat. And this Sunday will be no different as we look to settle the score that began almost one year ago and has reached a boiling point over the last month.

And yet many things do seem different this time around as we prepare to lock horns at Apocalypse. No longer are we looking to make a name for ourselves. No longer are we out there to prove a point. Over the course of a year we’ve captured titles and beaten countless opponents along the way. We’ve earned the respect of a number of boys in the back and earned the right to be considered as part of the main event. This match is to determine who breaks through to the main event and who must go back to the drawing board.

Showtime nods his head as the crowd applauds.

As tough of an opponent as Ty is, there is nobody I’d rather face right now to prove to the world that I am ready. Nobody knows me better than him, and likewise I don’t think anybody knows him better than I do. We are as evenly matches as you can be, and yet our styles are totally different. The match will be one of the toughest I’ve ever had to fight against the possible the most vicious man I have ever faced.

And as I’m about to walk into the shark tank with the most dangerous predator in WZCW, I’m going to let him and all of you know something that has weighed heavily on me this week.

Showtime pause for a moment. He wipes a bit of sweat off his brows and runs his hand through his hair before speaking again.

Since Ascension, after Vengeance slammed me off the top rope and hit two finishers on me, my neck has been throbbing in pain. It’s something that one day down the road I might have to get fixed up and sit out one day. I’m here to tell you that that day is not today. Doctors have advised me not to compete. I told them postponement was not an option. They have offered me pills and needles to reduce the pain. I told them no thank you. It’s not that I wouldn’t enjoy experiencing zero pain. It’s that I must prepare for what Ty will bring to our match. Ty will bring a world of pain to our match and will no doubt try to injure or break my neck. I will not miss this match and I will compete to the best of my abilities because this is my time, to entertain all you the fans, to show the locker room that I am ready to face Titus or Vengeance for the WZCW Heavyweight Title, and to stand against the dark that has surrounded WZCW.

I am telling you all this now so I can’t use this as an excuse later, I know the risks and am prepared to deal with the ramifications, and I’m telling Ty this so he doesn’t take satisfaction in thinking he caused all this. My neck may hurt an incredible amount at times, but it has made me stronger for our match. I train in pain, I sleep in pain, I’ve been walking around in pain for over a week now and I’m prepared to deal with the pain that Ty may inflict upon me and the consequences it may have on my career and my life. Ty may wind up breaking my neck this Sunday, he may not as well, but one thing that Ty will never break is my spirit, and that will remain as strong as ever as long as I have you the fans there. Rest assure, that your hero will live on forever, I promise you that.

The crowd stands up and applauds. Showtime says thank you to the audience and nods his head at them.

Oh yes, and I can guarantee you that myself and Ty will rock the roof off at Apocalypse. There is no mystery in what each of us brings to the table. We know each others moves, our actions, our thoughts, better than we may know our own. It is as if we ‘re two brothers, born on the opposite sides of a coin called good and evil. Like Lucifer and Michael, ours is a battle that can only be decided at an event called Apocalypse. Each and everyone of you can expect to see an exciting fast paced and highly offensive bout between to great forces in WZCW that will leave you speechless.

The crowd roars with approval and chants of Showtime! Showtime!

And whatever the outcome, whatever the score, no matter whose blood is on whose hands, I can promise you one all one thing and this is directly at you Ty. And that is... that I AM GOING TO SEND YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL!... even if I have to come along for the ride with you.

Showtime gets up and takes off his jacket as the crowd applauds. He throws it into the audience and goes up to the front row to give high fives and sign some autographs. He turns back to look off stage and sees Trent Stonewall and Leon Kensworth. He flips them off. Leon has a shocked look on his face.

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Remember that.

Is he mad that I still haven’t returned his Dark Knight movie?

The scene opens to Stacey sitting in Vance Bateman's office. She sits with her legs crossed and her head resting in her hand. Vance sits behind his desk with his feet up on his desk. The two are silent both with perplexing looks on their faces.

Stacey: Are you sure he really said Hollywood?

Vance: That's the request he put in for an interview. Seems odd for his....eclectic tastes.

Stacey: Eclectic tastes? Vance the man is crazed out of his mind. Who knows where the hell he's taking me.

Vance: I tell you what Stacey, you do this interview, and I promise to supply one of my limos to get you to your meeting spot.

Stacey flips her hair back and contemplates for a moment before a smirk crosses her face.

Stacey: Throw in a full massage at only the classiest masseur salon in Hollywood.

Vance glares at Stacey for a moment and throws hands up.

Vance: Deal, though you may need it for putting up with those two.

The scene fades out before reopening with a black stretch limo rolling down Hollywood Boulevard, famous locations along the strip flying past the window. Stacey sits in the back of the limo, wearing a black cocktail dress and her hair pulled up. She looks out the window at the multiple theaters, some with long lines in front of them.

Stacey: Now this is where I belong, where my skills would be truly appreciated, unlike that miserable Showtime Cougar.

The limo continues driving along until the city lights grow thinner and the quality of the buildings decrease. Stacey looks out once more and suddenly gets a concerned look on her face.

Stacey: Driver where are you taking me.

Driver: To your meeting spot Stacey.

Stacey: We're not even in Hollywood anymore!

Driver: Oh that was just a shortcut to our destination. Why anyone would take a limo into Crenshaw is beyond me but alright.

Stacey: Crenshaw!?!

The limo suddenly stops along the curb, the driver gets out and opens the door.

Driver: Here's your stop, get out I have other customers tonight.

Stacey: You don't expect me to walk through here dressed like this do you?

Driver: Hey your employer gave me my orders, this is a one way trip, now get out.

Stacey gets out in a huff and stands on the sidewalk as the limo passes by. Stacey looks around nervously as two familiar figures stand behind her.

Serafina: Welcome my pet.

Stacey spins around and glares at the two. Serafina gets a sick look on her face while she twirls her rope in her hand.

Ty: Now now Stacey, did you honestly believe I would actually do this in the lights of Hollywood? It's where the false idols of idiots like Showtime come to claim their delirious flock.

Stacey: Fine let's get this over with.

Stacey sighs as Ty and Serafina begin walking down the street and ndo to a few people standing on the corner.

Ty: With pleasure Stacey. You see, Showtime's youth consisted of his father doing menial tasks for the wicked prophets here. The prophets took pity upon what was truly a lost cause, giving him but a taste of their influence.

Stacey: And because of that, he's grown to be successful as an entertaining wrestler for WZCW, as well as a talk show host, unfortunately.

Ty: Showtime is nothing but a dog lapping at the crumbs they allow hit the ground. They give him just enough to survive, to leave that taste of affluence in his mouth. He has been ungrateful for all those that have molded him into who he is.

The three continue walking down the street, Stacey getting more attention from around the block. Serafina suddenly wraps an arm around her and glares at the people staring across the street. They quickly disperse and
the block becomes empty.

Ty: He became ungrateful for what his fathered tried to do. To give his only son a better life. He gave up all he had to give them an opportunity, and what does Showtime do? He becomes bitter. He builds a grudge against his very father. Not his father was an alcoholic. No, he uses that as an excuse. He became bitter because his father did not give him the key to the world. His father who worked every job that came his way, just to put food on Showtime's plate. Rather than appreciate the work his father did, Showtime ran off to worship his false gods, leaving his father behind. Of course Showtime's father became an alcoholic, his own son turned his back on him.

Stacey: That's preposterous Ty. Showtime has said he started spending time with the stars because his father was like that.

Ty: Is that so Stacey? According to Showtime? No, it is what his pathetic mind has warped into a story that makes him the victim. Showtime is to blame for what happened to his father, because of his selfishness he drove his father to death. There is no appreciation for what his father worked for, only to get spat in the face.

Ty stops suddenly and turns around, grabbing the camera and pulling it close.

Ty: Showtime, you have been molded many times before you realized it. First by your father, then by the false idols who gave you the impression that fame and riches was everything. And finally, that first time we met in the Eurasian tournament, where I turned you inside out and destroyed what I believed to be the ego instilled by those false gods. Now you have reverted back to that state, you gain one lucky victory over me and you are back to mocking what has tormented you since the very day we started in WZCW. That one victory was not enough for you to believe the shadow over your head had cleared.

Ty pushes the camera away and continues walking briskly, Stacey hurries to catch up with him.

Stacey: Wait Ty, so you believe that you are in Showtime's head?

Ty: I am more that in his head Stacey, I am the one who created the man you see now. It was because of me that turned Showtime into a champion. I instilled in him the instincts of a warrior, but now he has abandoned what has gotten him here, to become a mere replica of Titus and please the crowd humor and antics. It is that belief that entertaining the fools is more important than victory that has led both of you to fall to the Dark Alliance. Vengeance and myself have destroyed all in our path, and I have taken happiness in destroying those that have benefited from me.

Stacey: How has Titus or Showtime taken advantage of you? It seems all your mishaps are your own doing.

Ty: My ill luck has nothing to do with my actions! Showtime took advantage of seeing what a true warrior is and emulated that to his success. It is the likes of Corey Payne who gained the KFAD title shot because of the chaos I created in the Chamber. It is the likes of James Baker and Drake Callahan who won my titles because of the destruction I caused. And Vengeance, the man who has gained yet another opportunity to win the WZCW World title because I kicked Titus into a near coma. He knows and fears the day that I take what is mine after he puts Titus down for good at Apocalypse.

Ty stops and turns towards Stacey. His eyes flicker red momentarily before speaking once more.

Ty: Showtime, you mask your misery with your brief grasp at fame. Once you were a determined man, a man who would do anything to win. Now you pose for crowds and crack jokes to gain the fans approval. They will turn on you Show, and soon you will be no better than your father, a broken man with his hopes and dreams dashed over the suffering you brought upon yourself. At Apocalypse, it is when your misery will be revealed, as the true revelation of your soul. And I will be there, to bask in your ego's final moment, and your psyche finally collapsing to my madness.

The lights go out suddenly and Ty's sinister laughter can be heard echoing through the street, but the lights turn on suddenly.

Stacey: Damn it, not again.

She looks around and sighs, throwing her hands up in disgust. Suddenly a limo pulls up to the curb.

Stacey: Well, it's better than being Showtime's mic stand.

The scene fades out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back