Apocalypse: Flex Mussel vs. "Showtime" Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.
From nowhere, Showtime appears behind him and the C4 from the top rope. The referee stands in the middle of ring stunned as Showtime covers Drake. He looks at the referee who is still standing questioning what has just happened.

Copeland: What the Hell!?

Cougar: Count it, you son of a bitch! Count it!

The referee springs into action begins his count. 1…2…3

Cohen: Hahaha! I told you, Seabass! I told you.

The bell rings almost cautiously.

Harrys: Here is your winner and new EurAsian Champion, “Showtime” David Cougar!

Connor: Dave is going to send Showtime through the ring if he hits this! Showtime's career could be in jeopardy with this attack!

Showtime tries struggling out of the carry but Dave holds him firm. Showtime panics and gets a thumb into Dave's eye. Dave let's go and Showtime gets behind Dave on the turnbuckle. Dave sits down on the turnbuckle, his hand over his eye as Showtime carefully walks onto the ropes. Dave slowly gets his vision back and stands back on the turnbuckle. Showtime suddenly jumps forward and hits a huge Enziguri, sending both men off the turnbuckle to the outside! Showtime frantically reaches out and gets one hand on the middle rope, sending his body crashing hard into the side of the ring, his feet mere inches from the ground as Dave lands back first onto the outside mat.

Harrys: Here is your winner of the Lethal Lottery, and the man going onto Kingdom Come to face Ty Burna for the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship, Showtime Cougar!

Cougar leans on the corner and gets a boot up, that only exacerbates the wound on Kurtesy’s face. Cougar climbs to the second rope and Kurtesy tries to meet him there to capitalise on his position. He tries to set for the snapmare driver but Showtime blocks it and they begin to duke it out once more. Showtime tries to set for the Backstage DDT but Kurtesy brings him of the corner. Kurtesy tries to set for Prescribed Sedation once more but Showtime blocks him and knocks him senseless with a European uppercut. Showtime gets control and lifts the professor onto the top turnbuckle and he follows quickly.

“I think we all know what Showtime is planning here.”

“You can tell exactly what he wants to and I think the World Champion is becoming aware of it too.”

“This is extremely dangerous for both men but this is what you have to do to become World Champion!”

Kurtesy realises his predicament and tries to find a way out with strikes but Cougar is determined and fights his way to the top rope. Both men stand precariously on the top strap which wobbles beneath their collective weight. Cougar tries to hit the Final Act but Kurtesy tries to stop it but he can’t, Cougar is unyielding in his efforts until both men go flying through the air and land with a crash as the Final Act brings them crashing to the floor with authority! Slowly, Showtime gets his arm across Kurtesy and he uses his leg to hook the limb of the champion! !...........2.................3!!!

“He’s done it!!! David Cougar has finally achieved his dream!!”

“Congratulations Showtime!!!”

Your winner and NEW Heavyweight Champion of the WORLD, SHOWTIME DAVID COUGAR!!!!

Cougar is handed the World Championship and he clutches it to his chest in the centre of the ring.

“What a brutal match but David Cougar finally pulled it out.”

“He has ended the remarkable reign of Professor Steven Kurtesy here at Ascension 50.”

"Showtime finally shows that he does have what it takes to truly get it done."

Cougar climbs to the corner and raises the title above his head. Confetti falls from the ceiling as Showtime gets a standing ovation

“These have been a remarkable couple of shows. We have created history with the first Hell in a Cell on Meltdown 75 and on Ascension 50, Showtime David Cougar has won his first World Heavyweight Championship!”

As he lifts Showtime in the air, Cougar struggles and makes it harder for Holmes to get him vertical and puts him down. Holmes tries again but the same thing happens. Holmes slaps the back of Cougar a couple of times before trying for a third time. As he lifts, Showtime moves back and Holmes' grip slips but manages to stay on the top. Showtime stands up and knees Holmes in the stomach, grabbing him around the neck, twists him & Holmes around 180 and FLIES OFF THE TOP WITH THE FINAL ACT! HOLMES AND SHOWTIME CRASH INTO THE CANVAS WITH A SICKENING THUD AND BOTH MEN ARE OUT!

Showtime has an arm wrapped around the chest of Holmes and Akiyama goes for the count...

Connor: He's going for it!

... 1

Drake Callahan has managed to recover, using the ring apron to stand up and sees what is transpiring.

Cohen: C'mon Callahan!

... 2

Callahan does his best to slide into the ring and he crawls for the cover.

Copeland: It might be too late!

He is inches away!!!

3!

Connor: Showtime has done it!

The crowd erupts in the largest cheer of the night as senior official Jurou Akiyama counts the three with Callahan so close from breaking up the pin, dropping his head to the ground as he tries to take in the loss. Showtime is barely conscious as the bell rings in his favour with Holmes being completely out.

Harrys: Here is your winner and NEW WZCW World Heavyweight Champion; "SHOWTIME" DAVID COOOOOUUUGGGGAAAARRRR!

The crowd celebrates with loud cheers as Harrys officially announces Showtime as the World Champion. Everybody is happy that their fan favourite has once again reclaimed the gold and reached the top of the mountain once again.

Connor: Showtime has done it, ladies and gentlemen... he has become the World champion again, an unprecedented three-time World Heavyweight Champion and he has finally won in the main event of Kingdom Come! Showtime has accomplished one of the last few things he has left to achieve in WZCW and has broken a new record.

Copeland: What could have been a potentially career-threatening move to Showtime has resulted in him winning the biggest match at the biggest stage ever in WZCW. What a way to finish the show, congratulations to Showtime Cougar for winning tonight... and I think Jack Cohen is speechless!

As the final clip from the sizzle reel of Showtime’s accomplishments finish it is revealed the video has been playing in the offices of WZCW headquarters. Inside the pretty sizable office an elegantly made meeting table. On one side Meltdown and Ascension general managers Vance Bateman and Becky Serra and the other is a now very irritated Flex Mussel.

Flex: Any specific reason you played that nice little montage?

Bateman: I think you’re well aware of our intentions Mr. Mussel.

Flex: To be a pain in my ass? Well of course, but I came here today because we scheduled a meeting for contract negotiations and instead of discussing anything relevant we’ve spent the last half an hour watching Showtime’s greatest hits. So I’ll ask again, why did you play that?

Serra: As you said Flex we did ask you here today because your contract is soon expiring and we would like to negotiate terms for your re-signing. Interestingly enough however, Showtime’s contract is also expiring following the Apocalypse event and he has yet to re-sign as well.

Flex: Well if I was him I wouldn’t exactly have any confidence in continuing in this profession.

Bateman: That’s exactly our point Mr. Mussel. We’ve been sending Showtime numerous calls and emails and he hasn’t returned a single one. We are beginning to become concerned that he wants to walk away from WZCW.

Flex: You heard the circumstances of our match, if he can’t beat me at Apocalypse he intends to retire. And I can fully guarantee you, he will not beat me.

Serra: You’re slowly catching on Flex. If you do beat him he more like than not intends to retire, that’s why you can’t beat him.

Flex: Excuse me?

Bateman clicks a few buttons on a remote and the TV playing Showtime’s sizzle reel transitions to a video of marketing stats.

Bateman: Showtime brings in a very large amount of merchandise sales simply because of marketable and charismatic he is. Being one of the few WZCW originals still on the active roster this company cannot afford to let him ride into the sunset leaving behind millions in DVD, T-shirt, and ticket sales. Is it all beginning to make sense Mr. Mussel?

Flex: Wow…you two want me to let Showtime win don’t you?

Serra: Put up a fight of course, make him feel like he’s earned the win, but ultimately yes, Showtime must win this match.

Flex: You two must be certifiably insane, I didn’t work to get where I am today just to let someone win. Let alone someone like Showtime who has had a mountain of success for almost a decade.

Serra: We realize just how hard you have worked to here Flex, which is why we know the last thing you would want is to have it all taken away.

Flex: Are you threatening me?

Bateman: We’re giving you motivation. You haven’t signed a new contract and we have yet to offer you one. You want more money, you want your face on billboards, maybe even some commercials? Then you’ll do exactly as we say. If not, then maybe we’ll just let your contract expire and you can go back to doing weight loss infomercials.

The fitness trainer is in complete shock as he intently watches the facial expressions of Bateman and Serra. He listens to their tone of voice and realizes they’re not joking around, they’re not bluffing, they truly intend to take away everything Flex has worked so hard for the last two years of his career. He doesn’t even know how to react and the thought of never being able to wrestle in the biggest wrestling company in the world. Never again being able to compete at Kingdom Come, never being able to face off against new competitors. It’s a heartbreaking reality that the monsieur of muscle can’t bear to face. Bateman pulls out a dossier and takes out a contract and slides it towards Flex. The bodybuilder looks at it torn on what to do.

Serra: Look we know this is a lot to take in, you don’t have to make a decision at this exact moment. Go home, take some time to think it over and decide what’s best for yourself. Don’t let pride get the way of the smart decision Flex. I know you haven’t seen eye to with corporate management as of late but we do realize just how talented you are. We realize just how big of a star you can be, sign this contract, and let Showtime beat you. There’s still a chance that you can become a legend Flex, it doesn’t always have to be Flex vs. The World, but if you want it to be, you’ll end up sitting at home while you watch Eve Taylor or Ramparte become World champion within a year.

The names of Flex’s former allies begin to ring in his ear. The echo of their names triggers a feeling of desperation inside of him he hasn’t felt since Kingdom Come. He couldn’t just sit around while he watched everyone else get a shot at glory. He would not be considered a failure, he could not become a failure. As those vein and shallow thoughts flow through his head Flex immediately signs the contract. Bateman and Serra develop smirks on their faces as they put the newly signed contract into a dossier.

Bateman: Glad we could reach an agreement Mr. Mussel. Working alongside us instead against us will do wonders for your career.

A feeling of sickness begins to erode its way through Flex’s stomach as he gets up from the conference table and exits the room as the general managers continue to discuss business.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Months Later

Stacey Madison can be seen in the backstage area in front of a camera man waiting to introduce someone.

Madison: Ladies and gentleman, I’d like to welcome our new WZCW World Heavyweight champion: Flex Mussel.

The healthiest man alive walks into frame with the World Heavyweight championship around his shoulder with a massive grin on his face and a completely different demeanor than one he began to have after Kingdom Come.

Madison: Flex on behalf of all of WZCW I’d like to congratulate on your massive title win over Showtime Cougar. You finally avenged the loss you suffered from him at Apocalypse but many are wondering if you went too far in regard to your victory.

Flex: What do you mean Stacey?

Madison: Well some believe you may have went overboard hitting Showtime with repeated Mussel Bombs causing serious injury to Showtime’s back and neck. The medical team has even stated that Showtime will require surgery and may never wrestle again. Do you feel any remorse for potentially ending the career of someone you once looked up to?

Flex: Honestly I’m not. I said after Kingdom Come that it was Flex vs. The World and that I would do anything it took to become the absolute best in WZCW. And being the absolute best means being the World champion, and the only way I could have become World champion was hitting Showtime with everything I absolutely could. Showtime is a veteran and is very aware of how the business works. He knew the risk going in, and if he wanted to wrestle another match, maybe he should have just stayed down.

??? : Kind of like you stayed down right?

A voice can be heard off screen, a voice that Flex recognizes, soon after the question another person can be seen walking into frame and that is another man Flex looks up to, that man is WZCW hall of famer Everest.

Flex: I’m sorry…is there something I can help you with Everest?

Everest: Actually there is, how about you explain to me when and where you became such a corporate suck up.

Flex: I’ve got no idea where you’re talking about.

Everest: I think you do, in fact I think everybody around here does. Showtime is one of the greatest competitors in WZCW history but even I have to admit he was past his prime when he beat you at Apocalypse. Knowing what I knew about his medical condition, and knowing the amount of talent and skill you possess I don’t believe that he could have beaten you.

Flex: What can I say, flukes happen.

Everest: Interestingly enough, after Showtime’s first win in months, he somehow receives a World title shot out of the blue, and surprisngly he wins. What’s even more surprising is that multiple top superstars such as Matt Tastic, Mikey Stormrage, Theron Daggershield, and Constantine all come down with mysterious injuries leaving the Gold Rush tournament wide open for you to win. Then what do you know, an in over his head and possibly injured Showtime is defending the World title against you.

Flex: Poetic justice in my book.

Everest: Seems more like corporate tampering in mine. You’re getting the morning news interviews, the billboards, the video game posters all with your face plastered on them when I know for a fact Vance Bateman wanted your head on a stick just weeks ago.

Flex: Are you accusing me of something?

Everest: Just being the corporate sellout I thought you never would.

Flex: Wow, I knew people were going to be jealous of my newfound success but I never thought it would be you Everest.

Everest: I’m not jealous Flex, I’m angry, I’m ashamed, and I’m disappointed that you took the easy way out instead of earning that World title. I don’t how you did it, but you cozied up to corporate management and became everything you hated. My question is why? Was it because you didn’t believe in yourself? Did it just become too hard? Or were you just so insecure that you wanted to win the World title before Eve or Ramparte did?

Flex: Knowing that I accomplished such a feat before they did does put an extra spring my step.

Everest: You egotistical son of a bitch. You suckered Showtime into a false sense of security and now he may not be able to wrestle another match. You didn’t just disrespect him, turn your back on me, but you gave up all of the values you once held dear.

Flex: Get over yourself you washed up hack. I’m not admitting to anything you’re accusing me of, but hypothetically let’s say I did. Is it any worse than anything anybody else has ever done to earn this belt? Am I such a bad guy for wanting to be the absolute best at what I do? Am I so wrong for ending Showtime’s career?

Everest: You could have been the best Flex! It wouldn’t have been easy but you could have won that title the right way, and with the respect of everyone, regardless of how they felt about you. Is this really how you want to be remembered? Snap out of it Flex!-

FLEX!

The monsieur of muscle snaps out of his daydream to the very unpleasant faces and stern voices of Becky Serra and Vance Bateman.

Serra: As I was saying before you rudely began to stare off into space, it doesn’t always have to be Flex vs. The World, but if you want it to be, you’ll end up sitting at home while you watch Eve Taylor or Ramparte become World champion within a year.

Bateman slides the contract towards Flex and the bodybuilder begins to stare at before sliding it back in his direction.

Flex: You can attempt to send me home if you want, but I’ll show up to every arena you ever decide to have a show at.

Bateman: Are you really going to turn down this offer over one match?

Flex: That’s your problem Bateman, this isn’t just one match. Showtime is a man I’ve idolized since I started watching wrestling. It would be a slap in his face if I just handed him a win just so you can keep selling T-shirts with his name on it. When I said it was Flex vs. The World. I meant it, I don’t want any favors or special treatment. I want to earn everything I get in this company. Months down the line when I’m World champion and you’re calling me to schedule press tours and interviews I want you to know it’s because I earned it, not because you rigged the deck in my favor. Showtime in my opinion is the greatest wrestler in WZCW history and if he feels he needs to retire because he can’t beat me then you can be damn sure I’m going to give him everything I have and then some. If Showtime is able to beat me the right way, then go on and gladly keep using him as your merchandise mule. But when I beat him, and you realize that I’m just as good as I say I am, you will have no choice but to sign me to a new contract. I have a massive amount of respect for Showtime and that is why I’m going to take pride in the fact that I’m the man he couldn’t beat, that I’m the man who ended his career. And maybe years from now, it’ll be a sizzle of reel of my greatest highlights that you’re playing, because I’m Flex Mussel, and I’m the future of WZCW.

Flex gets up from his chair pushing it to the side just from the sheer force of his anger. He exits the room as Bateman and Serra look to each other in shocked, confused, and furious at what just transpired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back