• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Apocalypse - Big Dave vs. Blade - EurAsian Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Apocalypse-EurAsian.jpg

After waiting for some time, Blade has finally used his championship opportunity he won at Kingdom Come to challenge Big Dave for the EurAsian Championship. This will be an interesting bout no doubt as Blade will be going into his first ever championship match, a type of match Big Dave is no stranger to. So the question remains, can Blade grab the brass ring and win the gold for the first time or will Big Dave continue his domination around the EurAsian Division?

Both men haven't let up on each other to provide a weakness going into this encounter. No doubt this match will be a one to watch as there's pride and personal achievements at stake, not to mention the EurAsian Championship.

Deadline is Tuesday 22nd June 2010

The scene opens on the beautiful sight of New York City at night, the camera gracefully flows past all the major scenery from the Statue of Liberty to the Empire State Building, from Central Park to Times Square. The sound of a soft piano being played in a similar style to ‘Broken Down’ by Alicia Keys is gracefully adding to the mood of the beautiful scenery of the lights and glamour of the grand city.

New York City, the City of Dreams as they call it. One of the most recognisable locations on the whole planet, surrounded by its own beauty of bright lights and wonderful sights, the place to make your dreams come true and make a big name for yourself.

Everyone always wants to go to New York, whether it’s just to see it for yourself or to use it to make everything come together, the reasons are always the same, for New York City is always the place to be.

You can see the musical hits of Broadway or see history make its mark at the World’s most famous arena, Madison Square Garden. You can recognise the Empire State Building from miles away, the same building of which King Kong made his famous climb…and fall. But one of the biggest elements for New York and its history is the effect and impact it has on the wrestling industry. Superstars have made their moments here, championships won, legacies established, if you wish to make your name worth knowing on the grandest stage, there’s no other place to do like New York.

The action turns to black and white slow motion features of WZCW’s Redemption pay per view last month.

For Wrestlezone Championship Wrestling, we recently witnessed Redemption and saw the first ever Undisputed Champion crowned in the form of Titus, we saw Mayhem in full action with multiple holders of the Mayhem Title changing by the minute, we even viewed one of the best two out of three fall matches with Big Dave retaining against Showtime Cougar and not being pinned by him. All the favourites from Everest to Ty Burna to the returning Vengeance were there, live in front of the thousands in attendance and the millions watching at home.

All except…Blade, who was sitting in the back dreaming of competing in Madison Square Garden to make his name. A man who didn’t even appear on the pay per view, the man who defeated Rush at Kingdom Come to earn a championship opportunity between the Elite X and EurAsian Championship didn’t even feature on the card and was left to keep dreaming.

The action resumes back into colour and normal speed as we are now outside Madison Square Garden, the camera pans to reveal Big Dave admiring the view of the grand arena.

And that’s what this match against me is Blade, it’s a dream, it’s so real to you that I can actually visualise the match as you want it. It’s Apocalypse, the arena filled with twenty, thirty thousand fans, millions watching at home. Your music plays, the fans building up in hype and anticipation, chanting your name. Facing Big Dave, the match is so tight; blood, tears and sweat has been drained; quite possibly bigger than the main event, can you picture it? You're applying the Texas Cloverleaf, got it locked it tight, you want Big Dave to tap, you feel it coming. What about hitting The Halo on Big Dave? Using all that energy to give a high impact finisher like that, or how about the Blade Runner? You’re kicking Big Dave’s ass, it’s so good you can feel the adrenaline of the moment, it’s a dream come true like wrestling at Madison Square Gard…

A random guy walks into Big Dave, he stares for a moment before looking back into the camera.

And then you wake up!

He snaps his fingers

Just like that.

Blade, what you just felt, what we just visualised…is a dream. Just like that guy there who interrupted the flow of things, where in New York, living in the moment of your dreams happen, reality kicks in. This isn’t about being your worse nightmare, because that’s living in a dream Blade. Where you live in that dream Blade, I live in reality…I AM reality!

Dave starts walking away from Madison Square Garden and walks through the city streets, busy as it always is.

Because this is the disappointment people get when they come to a city like this, and you felt that. New York is the city of dreams because people still live in it and yet in time they come to realise that reality truly kicks them square on without them realising it. You get the rushing people not giving a damn about you, there’s the homeless who only want a spare piece of change to feed that desire of a cigarette or an extra bottle of whiskey because he can’t afford to live in reality. You get girls who wanting to become the next big singer standing on street corners using their mouths for more than their vocal skills to get an extra dime to fund the audition that they’ll fail in.

See, it’s a shame that we aren’t facing off here in this city because I would have loved to see you with your hopes up, your lungs breathing the excitement and prospect of winning your first championship. But we’ll be facing off in somewhere like Texas or Arizona, I don’t care, far away from the prospect that this city would heighten the idea that your dreams might come true.

But then that’s been your story hasn’t it Blade? You are a man who lives in a dream; you think you’re the top guy because you’re in one of the biggest companies that you could ever compete for. You win spots to get the best chance to main event Kingdom Come, or even just the fact you won this shot because your opponent was beaten by heart failure than your actual skills! You are slowly realising that every time you’re in the dream, reality truly kicks in but you seem to deny it. What is the problem with that Blade? Because if you can’t get your head out of the clouds, how can anyone take you seriously as a competitor, let alone me! You make all these excuses that you got messed around by management or that your opponent was lucky that week, maybe you need to accept that you’re not good enough and that the failures are your own because you refused to live in reality, much like all the hopeless that come into this city with their heads held high, only to come back with their heads dropped down low.

When I first came to this company, it was a dream for me, until reality kicked in, yet I took hold of it and made it my own. Now I stand here as the longest reigning Tag Team Champion and one of the most successful EurAsian Champions since this belt was first created. I never denied any opportunity because I wasn’t seeing myself in a dream, I was seeing myself in the reality that is a canis canem edit mundus, a dog eat dog world. I’ve fought on the grandest stages and some of the hardest fought matches known to man and I haven’t savoured in the moment of dreaming because the thing I ask first is “Who’s next?”

At Apocalypse, this is where your dreams will end and you will finally wake up to what is going on around you. You’re in the ring with the EurAsian Champion, one of the most feared and dominant men on the entire roster, I will be coming at you with nothing but strength, speed and might to be the man who stands above you when that bell has finally sounded. You will wake up once the Stamp of Authority has been hit and the ref counts one….two….three.

He stops where the camera backs off to reveal the bright and fast scenery of Times Square.

I’m prepared and I’m ready for you Blade because Apocalypse is coming, and you’re facing a man who’s living in reality, I can cope with what will happen. The question that rests on you Blade is, can you?

Big Dave walks forward past the camera as the sounds of New York kick in with cars honking, sirens screaming and people shouting offenses at each other.

Blade is in a New York cab. As the driver chats away to Blade, Blade is deep in his own thoughts about the past, present and future....

I didn’t sleep last night, but I’m not sure why. It makes me wish I could tell the difference between nerves and doubt. I think I’ve accomplished what I’ve set out to do. What I do best. I’m inside Dave’s head. I kicked out after he hit both his finishers back to back. I’ve seen the replay, and I saw Dave’s reaction as my shoulder moved off the canvas... The sudden change from confidence to shock was a thing of beauty. But when we were both in the ring, Dave didn’t give me a moment to breathe... He was all over me, like a lion with its freshly caught prey. Never... Never have I been the hunted rather than the hunter. It scared me slightly. I think Big Dave’s domination of me has.... for the first time in months... actually made me doubt myself...... Dammit.

The taxi pulls up beside a large hospital. Blade pays the driver and gets out. He looks up at the huge building before walking inside. He walks up to the front desk to talk to a nurse.

Blade: Hi there. I’m looking for Ace David.

Nurse: Oh, the wrestler. He’s currently in physical therapy on the 3rd floor. Take a left when you get out of the elevator and it’ll be at the end of the hall.

Blade: Thank you.

He walks towards the elevator, trying not to look at all the sick and wounded around him. He gets up to the 3rd floor and follows the directions given to him by the nurse. He turns the corner and looks stunned at what he sees before him; Ace David holding himself up on two wooden beams beside him as he struggles to even take a single step forward, despite the encouragement from the two nurses beside him. After a few moments of watching his once athletic peer struggle to even walk, Blade snaps out of his shock and slowly walks forward, knocking on the open door of the physical therapy room. Both Ace and the nurse look up, with Ace’s expression looking almost humiliated for a moment before giving a quick nod. He turns to the nurses.

Ace: Help me into the chair.

The nurses hold Ace up, bringing him over into his wheel chair.

Ace: Can you leave us alone for a while, please?

The nurses leave as Ace wheels over to the door where Blade is still standing.

Ace: I figured you’d be paying me a visit. Let’s go to my room.

An awkward silence falls between them as Blade walks through the halls alongside Ace, who is wheeling himself forward.

Blade: Ace, I... I had no idea...

Ace: Don’t. Just don’t.

They continue walking down the hall until they reach room 409 and Ace pushes open the door and wheels himself inside, beckoning Blade into the room. Blade walks inside and closes the door behind him. He looks around the immaculately neat room which is empty apart from a hospital bed and a bedside table. Ace wheels himself over to the window before turning to Blade.

Ace: So... Big Dave, huh?

Blade: Yup.

Ace looks out the window for a moment before turning back to Blade.

Ace: What do you really want, Blade?

Blade: You know what I want. You know Big Dave better than anybody. Tell me what I need to know before my match with him.

Ace: How would I know what you need to know? I’ve never faced him before. If you want to know about him as a tag partner, then yeah, I’m the person to come to. But I can’t tell you much about him as an opponent.

Blade: You know his personality. If I know about his personality, I’ll know what aspects of it he’ll use against me in the ring.

Ace: It’s not that simple! Dave is not that simple!

Blade: Why are you so hesitant to help me?

Ace: This is ridiculous. Is it really me you should be talking to?

Blade: Times like this I wish I some kind of truth serum.... Wrestlers are just too difficult to get information out of...

Ace: You of all people know that a smart wrestler will always keep their cards close to their chest. Also, you didn’t answer my question.

Blade: You didn’t answer mine, either. And I asked first.

Ace shakes his head and again looks out the window as he speaks.

Ace: You simply confuse me, Blade. You’re always going on about your destiny. Destined for greatness, fate will bring you to the title or whatever. But if you’re so sure of your destiny, why do you have to travel far and wide to get help for your matches? Seems a little... Hypocritical to me.

Blade starts to look angry.

Blade: Don’t start talking about something you don’t get!

Ace turns back to Blade and grins.

Ace: Oh, touch a nerve did I?

Blade: Forget it. Maybe I don’t need your help as much as I thought I did.

Blade storms out of the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speeches about how my opponent is inferior compared to me, how I will beat them decisively and I’ll move on to someone more worthy of my time... That’s never been my thing. Sure, I’ll throw out a promo like that when the match I’m having doesn’t mean much to me. But generally, that’s my style. That is, however, Big Dave’s style. The guy has more clichés than you can shake a stick at.

Blade grins to himself.

I crack myself up sometimes... Alas, the encounter with Ace taught me one thing: I don’t have to prove myself, prove I am worthy of the EurAsian title. It’s my destiny I have to prove. I should’ve known that when I go around spouting so much about my destiny, that people might not have taken me so seriously. Why does it bother me so much? I’m not so sure... But it’s time to learn more about Big Dave...

He sighs to himself and continues to walk along a busy street in Airdrie, Scotland. He stops at a tall, white luxury apartment building. He walks inside and climbs the stairs to the 2nd floor before walking down the hall towards apartment 36E. He stops at the door and shakes his head for a moment before knocking on the door. Blade waits for a moment, before hearing some noise from inside the apartment. The door opens and behind it stands the tall form of Karnage. He stares at a smirking Blade for a moment.

Karnage: How...?

Blade: You can find anything on the internet these days. Can I please come in for a little while?

Karnage hesitates before standing to one side and allowing Blade to enter the large apartment. Despite the size, the apartment is furnished very sparingly, with only a few pieces furniture dotted around the big living room.

Blade: So how are you, my old friend?

Karnage closes the door before shooting Blade an angry look.

Karnage: Shut up.

Blade: Fair enough...

Karnage: What do you want, Blade?

Blade slowly wanders around the living room for a moment. He looks out the balcony window and enjoys the view for a moment before talking.

Blade: Beautiful... Karnage, I know you’re up to date with WZCW. I know you’re well aware of what I want.

Karnage: You want information on Big Dave.

Blade: Exactly.

Karnage: I’m glad you’ve started doing some work for your matches rather than just putting all your faith in your destiny.

Blade shakes his head, still looking out the window.

Blade: Putting all my faith in my destiny worked against you.

Karnage grimaces.

Karnage: Indeed. But still, it was stupid of you. You will do well now you’ve dropped the destiny BS.

Blade: I haven’t dropped it. In fact, I put more faith in my destiny than ever before.

Karnage shakes his head in frustration.

Karnage: You’re ridiculous.

Blade finally turns away from the view and turns to Karnage.

Blade: Why have you always found it so hard to accept my destiny?

Karnage: Why have you always found it so easy to blindly follow?

Blade: I wouldn’t be here if it was easy.

Blade again starts to slowly walk around the apartment, looking at the framed photos of Karnage wrestling.

Karnage: Interesting you should say that.

Blade looks sharply at Karnage.

Blade: What do you mean by that?

Karnage gives a sly smirk.

Karnage: You’ve come here, looking for advice for your match against Big Dave, yet you haven’t asked me a single question about him.

Blade: You haven’t given me a chance to!

Karnage: Excuses! Tell me, who else have you visited while preparing for your match?

Blade: Ace David, y’know, the one guy who knows Big Dave inside and out.

Karnage: I see... And now you’ve decided to visit me.

Blade starts to get angry.

Blade: Yes, because you’re the person who knows Big Dave second best!

Karnage: I’m also the person who knows you best...

Blade walks over to Karnage quickly.

Blade: What are you getting at!?

Karnage: Oh... Wait a second... You haven’t actually realised what you’re doing, have you?

Blade’s expression is getting angrier by the second.

Blade: What the hell are you talking about?!

Karnage shakes his head slowly.

Karnage: You’ve come to see me, the person who knows you best. And you’ve been to see Ace David. Yes, he’s the person who knows Big Dave best. But he’s also the one person who you never crossed paths with in WZCW, either as an ally or as a foe. He has a completely unbiased opinion of you because of that.

Realisation slowly starts to show on Blade’s face.

Karnage: Blade, you didn’t know it, but you weren’t trying to figure out Big Dave...

Blade closes his eyes and lets out a heavy sigh.

Blade: .... I was trying to figure out myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I left shortly after that. Something within my head had clicked thanks to Karnage. Big Dave had made me doubt myself more than anyone before, so much so that I was actually questioning myself without even realising it.

Blade turns over in bed.

I’ve been thinking for hours now. Big Dave is the biggest challenge I will ever face. He’s smart, strong and capable. He’s done everything I wish I could do. He’s built himself into some kind of immortal persona within the WZCW, invincible. But as I was thinking about who I am, I realised... I am the one who destroys the image of those who appear to be immortal. From Karnage to Titus, the seemingly undefeatable are the ones I and I alone have been able to defeat. I have realised that I am destined for greatness and now with Big Dave in my way and the EurAsian championship within my reach, I am a man on a mission.

Blade slowly starts drifting off into sleep.

Those that have seemed immortal are the ones who have made me feel most human. And that is how I have beaten them. Dave, you have made me doubt myself, made me question who I am and what I believe. Well Dave, that might just turn out to be the biggest... Mistake..... You’ve....... Ever.......... Made..................

Blade falls asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back