Anyone know's a good martial art?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batista-Y2JW?

Dark Match Jobber
hey dude's i would like to know if anyone has experience with a martial art and could explain it to me because i wanna defend myslef and beat the crap out of other people if they bother me so plz share!

Well, I take Karate [a form of martial art], but I can't really tell you how to do it, but if you want to, check your local newspaper, and around town if there is a martial arts place around your area. I'm recommending this, because it's a great way to keep in shape, and is very fun!

I'm a soon-to-be gold belt in Shotokan. I've only been there for a month and I have gotten more focused and more confident than ever. My kicks and punches seem really smooth and they are pretty vicious ever since I've learned how to throw them better. It is basically an aggressive martial art which mean there is a bit more offense than defense. There is still alot of defense though. Not much grappling involved besides a couple of techniques. I would HIGHLY recommend it for you.

I did a little bit of Kung-Fu and Aikido, it depends on your preference, do u like strikes more or grappling. I personally didn't care much for Kungfu, because its predominantly just strikes, it does have a little bit of grappling to it, but not as much as Aikido does.

I did kickboxing for years. But to be honest if you want to defend yourself the best thing to do is back down, run away, or give a good hard kick in the bollocks. Nobody gets up if you hoof them hard enough in the balls. Even somebody who's a train fighter will miss a punch or be on the recieving end of a haymaker. It's only really people who want to do fighting as a living who need to know martial arts.

I'm a soon-to-be gold belt in Shotokan.

Scratch that. I just became a gold belt last night.

Anyway, Jake that is ungrateful to say you should back down, run away, or give them a kick in the balls. Why? What if some molester came up to some kid and they couldn't do jack shit because they backed down or got pinned to the ground and couldn't kick the fella in his testicles? What a nice way to get molested.

In all seriousness if you want to use martial arts for grappling go for sambo or judo. For strikes go for Muay Thai or Shotokan. For ground fighting go for Brazilian ju jitsu or Greco-Roman wrestling. They all have their ups and downs.

You can definetly make a career out of fighting if you train hard by the way. All it takes is to enter tournaments and win. You'll get recognized if your good enough and eventually you'll make it big. Just my :twocents:

I took Tae-Kwon-Do. Kararte is more of an "attacking" martial art, but Tae-Kwon-Do is more of a "defending" martial art. There is not a lot of grappling, little, but effective strikes. I can't really teach you through posting, but you can look it up your computer to see if there are any gyms in your area!

You should learn Kung-Fu; the five main animal styles (snake, dragon, crane, leopard, tiger). They are good for self defense styles which all are very effective in their own ways. All I can say is good luck to find someone to teach the styles. These are the styles that top name martial arts performers uses including Jackie Chan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back