Anyone here have Vonage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DakotaDave

I was wondering if anyone on here has Vonage? I just got a little ad in the mail, and was deciding on maybe getting it to cut down on costs. The thing I dont understand is how in the hell can they connect to your broadband; when most broadband/dsl is through your local phone service? Most phone services wont let you have internet service; unless you have their phone service.

i don't have it, but i heard it wasn't that good, but thats just what i hear so hopefully someone has it to tell you

I am currently a Vonage customer, but I’m not sure how it works with DSL connections since I use a cable modem. How it works is that it comes with a Wireless Router. You set it up the same way you set up any router, and you connect your computer and a Vonage compatible phone onto that router. So the phone works through the router.

I have vonage and have had it for about a year, its awesome and cheap to boot

it works just like PC said, you hook the router up between the comp and your modem (and it will work with dsl all it requires is a high speed connection) then you hook a phone line from the router to your phone

only real down side is if you dont want your phone right next to the comp and you dont have someone to run the phone lines for you, but of course you can always get a wireless phone jack to use instead of the standard phone cord, but those are kinda pricy

angelica haze said:
I have vonage and have had it for about a year, its awesome and cheap to boot (and it will work with dsl all it requires is a high speed connection)
My thing is if you have broadband/dsl through your phone company (Qwest, Verizon, SBC); it wouldnt be possible because you have to have their phone service. If you have their phone service it would just plain stupid to get Vonage and have two phone bills.

DakotaDave said:
My thing is if you have broadband/dsl through your phone company (Qwest, Verizon, SBC); it wouldnt be possible because you have to have their phone service. If you have their phone service it would just plain stupid to get Vonage and have two phone bills.

very good point, thats why i dropped my dsl and went with cable, my phone company sucked so much but now it doesn't cause its vonage, oh yea another requirement with vonage is a credit/debit card because they insist on automatic deduct

I was also debating on getting it, but a co-worker of mine had not one positive thing to say about them. She said the call quality was horrible and their billing department practices the logic of the customer is always wrong.

Based on that, I'll never get Vonage.

DakotaDave said:
I was wondering if anyone on here has Vonage? I just got a little ad in the mail, and was deciding on maybe getting it to cut down on costs. The thing I dont understand is how in the hell can they connect to your broadband; when most broadband/dsl is through your local phone service? Most phone services wont let you have internet service; unless you have their phone service.
IVE GOT IT AND ITS GREAT, ITS 1 PRICE AND ITS JUST GREAT!!

Its Only $19.99/month Plus Tax. But U Can Make Local And Long Distance Calls And It Will Cut Down Your Bill Greatly, Try It U Will See What Im Talking About

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back