Anyone Ever See A Little-known Horror Film Called Ravenous?

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
About cannibalism in the American frontier around the time of the Mexican-American War? Starring indie god Guy Pearce, child diddler Jeffrey Jones, and the really angry dude from Trainspotting/main character from The Full Monty?

I don't think I've been simultaneously so impressed and disappointed by a film. A film that could have gone in the annals of horror as one of the all-time greats ruined by failed attempts at really dark humor...ah, well, I'll have to think about what rating to give this one in the movie log.

Since you aren't a huge film buff I'd put this one on the back burner. It's a good film but there are plenty more worthwhile ones to watch.

I remember renting this on VHS from Blockbuster about 11 or 12 years ago with my father, and we liked it. We thought it was just some random slasher film, didn't realize it was about cannibals. We both liked David Arquette from the Scream franchise so we thought, hey another horror film with Arquette, cool. I was pretty weirded out by the whole movie but my dad loved it. Haven't seen it since though I've kept meaning to watch it again.

Looks like I'll have to finally watch it again sometime soon.

I liked it but I see where you're coming from. By the way Tdigs did you see the film AntiChrist?

Dunno about him, but I have seen Antichrist. The movie was sick. It can really turn you off sex. Some of the scenes, especially putting those scissors into the vagina stuff was too graphic.

Surprising how little-known it is now, most people had seen it when if first came out. Enjoyable but yeah, pretty forgettable when you think about it. Great ending from what I remember.

It grossed less than $5 million worldwide, Jake...I'd like to be in your circle of friends, though, especially if you all know about films like this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back