• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anybody Seen Jake Roberts Yet?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I was just browsing the net and I came across a before & after picture of wrestling legend Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Since this past summer, it's been well documented that Roberts has been undergoing DDP's acclaimed Yoga exercises and it's definitely paid off. Jake has been living with DDP in order to to get into shape and to help turn his life around.

http://wrestleshare.com/?pt=V51C

You can click on the image for a larger version. You can still see that hard living and years of drug use have taken their toll on Jake, but he looks FAR better now than he's looked in many years. He's slimmed down considerably, looks younger and just looks much healthier.

This makes me happy personally. I think a lot of us have just been expecting to see a story on WZ or some other site announcing that Jake Roberts had been found dead of a suspected drug overdose for many years. The Beyond the Mat documentary in the late 90s was what exposed me to how far Jake had fallen and how hard drugs had hit him.

I've been contemplating whether or not to buy DDP Yoga for many years, not to lose weight, but to be at a peak that I haven't seen since High School. Not only has Jake's transformation shocked me, but so has another guy that he did the very same thing for 2-3 years ago. DDP Yoga is a system I have 100% faith in, now.

It's good to see Jake in such good shape. Losing another big name wrestler to drugs or alcohol is never good for the business, especially one where they have lost so many others to such issues. Hopefully Scott Hall (who I recently read had moved in with DDP) can conquer his demons and better his life. Hall is one guy who I've always feared would pass away because of his substance abuse problems, fearing it more so than others because I'm such a huge fan of his. DDP's doing a great thing helping these guys. Maybe we'll soon see how Scott is doing as well.

I'm happy to see Jake looking so good, and hope he can really stay on the wagon this time around. The problem is it's easy to keep strong in rehab... The real testament will be once he's out of DDP's care and on his own again with the drug pushers calling/trying to get at him.

Anyone that has ever been to rehab knows that the rehab/detox is the easy part; the struggle is with avoiding your old lifestyle entirely. Very few people can get clean and stay clean if they go back around the same influences that put them there in the first place.

Until recently i havent heard from Jake Roberts in a long long time! Seeing him before it was sad and very heartbreaking. The hard life of Drugs and Alcohol most certainly have taken their toll on him. But seeing the after pic i must say i am very proud of him.

Being a long time fan of his it would sadden me to no end if i came up on here and read he passed away. Thats something that wrestling doesnt need is another black eye. Whatever DDP is doing to help out Jake Roberts is working good for Jake. I hope he can stay clean i really do.

Living with DDP and i hope he still does is and will do wonders for Jake. Stay away from whatever the vices are and the influences whatever they maybe that drove him into drugs and alcohol in the first place.

I just hope and pray he hasnt done permanent damage to his body. You hear about this all the time people quit drinking or whatever only to die 2-3 years later because of all the abuse they did yrs ago to their body! God speed Jake

That picture is great to see. I'm proud of Jake. DDP Yoga, and just yoga in general are great, low-impact ways to get fit and increase your balance and dexterity. Even if Jake relapses (and I don't think he will), it's good to see him fit again.

My wife and I have been using DDPYOGA for years now and it is awesome! I love that you get the workout without all the meditation stuff. Not to mention that all of the back pain I used to have is gone!

Wow what an amazing transformation. Now lets hope he can get Scott Hall into shape now that Scott is supposed to be doing it.

So so great to see this. I started watching wrestling in the mid to late 80's and Jake was a staple on tv then. It is so sad to see someone you grew up watching deteriorate like he did over the years, and it is great to see he is seemingly back on track. He looks great and hopefully he keeps it up. I don't want to see another legend taken from us do to drugs and alcohol. Great job Jake.

I'm glad you made this thread. I have heard a lot that Jake was looking good but after seeing how good I'm shocked. I viewed it earlier and decided that if it can help Jake with his transformation it could help me as a person who wakes up and lives with a lot of pain.

Jake is looking brilliant and hopefully Scott Hall is gonna have a great transformation also. I'm sure lots of people were just waiting for the day when Jake was found dead because it seemed probably that it would happen.

Hopefully he will stay clean and live a great life now thanks to DDP.

Wow. Jake looks great compared to before! Thanks for posting that image link; I had been curious as to how he was doing with the DDP Yoga. Jake "The Snake" Roberts is one of the best characters in wrestling history. As an 80's child, he was always one of my favorites. I even liked him when he turned heel again before he feuded with The Undertaker at WM 8 because his heel turn was so memorable.

This is very uplifting news to hear coming from an industry infamous for premature deaths. Thank you DDP and thank you Jake!

I was reading on the news section about people talking about the ddt,the UWA website sells his best of dvd "Venom" it even has his match were he first perfomed it, and it was by accident how it turned out. anyway it's full of great matches, wwe did recently buy the library, but the site is still there selling it. http://www.universalwrestling.com i think there's a search engine it's easy to find.

Considering all the stuff Jake has gone through over the years I'm glad that the whole DDP Yoga system is working. I'm just hoping he can stay on the wagon for good. Also, I went on the site for DDP Yoga and I may wanna try it myself. I'm just hoping that Scott Hall can benefit from the DDP Yoga as much as Jake has.

ah finally some good news on Jake "the snake" :) Been so sad hearing about him and many others (like Scott Hall) having all their problems that i just stopped reading those news articles. This is great though, just hope he sticks with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back