Any other fans of the Fire Emblem series out there?

Pepe Silvia

Occasional Pre-Show
I've been playing this series for the past like, 6 years, between only TWO of the games, and it's still fresh. For anyone who is unfamiliar, Fire Emblem is a turn-based Strategy RPG, which for the first 6 games of the 11 game franchise were Japan Only. The game gained some notability when Roy and Marth were included in Super Smash Bros. Melee, which led to the release of Fire Emblem 7 (Known as just Fire Emblem) in the USA. Most of the people who got this game would run onto a Game Forum (GameFAQs and such) and immediately go "WHERE ROY AND MARTH IS?!!?" The irony is that, neither of them were in the game. (Marth was the main character in Fire Emblem 1 and 3, and Roy was the main character in Fire Emblem 6.).

Anyway, if you haven't played it, I seriously suggest you try it out. If you have, let's get some conversations going. :3 If you'd like to know more about the game series, I can pretty much tell you anything you'd need to know.

I got the first one released on America. I absolutely loved it. It had a great story and very unique gameplay. It was long and difficult. What truly sank me in was the characters. When they die, they don't come back. It truly puts you thinking long and hard to try and preserve your roster. If I understand correctly, the reason it was just called "Fire Emblem" in North America was because it was the first chronologically. Roy is born in the end of the game several years after the ending battle. He's the son of one of the main characters.

Of the five released to western civilistaion I've completed four and the fifth (actually a remake of Fire Emblem 1 for the DS) has gone walk about. I digress.

Fire Emblem to me is fantastic, it's a game you can sit up and play for hours and hours or a game you can just have a quick bash by doing a few moves in the battle. Very unique in that once a guy dies that is it, which lead to many a reset by me. The storyline is quite in depth and you really get to love the characters.

The problem is it doesn't sell well, at all which may lead to no new ventures of the series. After all it took until the seventh game for us to get it and that was only because of SSB.

I own every North American released Fire Emblem game, and one Japanese title. It was the one just before the first North American release chronologically, with Roy as the main character. That one is by far the best, with Sacred Stones coming in a close second. I have played all the Japanese titles, but they can get very boring the earlier you go back. I got into Fire Emblem after playing Final Fantasy Tactics, another awesome Strategy RPG. I recommend any of the FF Tactics games to any of you Fire Emblem fans. I doubt there will be any more good games of either, because the genre has a dying fan base.

I got the first one released on America. I absolutely loved it. It had a great story and very unique gameplay. It was long and difficult. What truly sank me in was the characters. When they die, they don't come back. It truly puts you thinking long and hard to try and preserve your roster. If I understand correctly, the reason it was just called "Fire Emblem" in North America was because it was the first chronologically. Roy is born in the end of the game several years after the ending battle. He's the son of one of the main characters.

That's actually not true at all. In Japan, the game's title is Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken, which has a few rough translations. Now, Fire Emblem 6 and 7 are actually completely separate worlds from every other Fire Emblem game. Don't worry though, 6 and 7 are considered the best titles in the series by far.

I own every North American released Fire Emblem game, and one Japanese title. It was the one just before the first North American release chronologically, with Roy as the main character. That one is by far the best, with Sacred Stones coming in a close second. I have played all the Japanese titles, but they can get very boring the earlier you go back. I got into Fire Emblem after playing Final Fantasy Tactics, another awesome Strategy RPG. I recommend any of the FF Tactics games to any of you Fire Emblem fans. I doubt there will be any more good games of either, because the genre has a dying fan base.

Now this confuses me. FE6 (Sword of Seals) was a rather difficult game, whilst Sacred Stones was... Quite simply, easy as shit. There was an area to grind experience, the enemies weren't too tough, and just about everyone ended up with insanely high stats. The characters also seemed bland and generic in comparison to FE6 and 7.

I've been playing this series for the past like, 6 years, between only TWO of the games, and it's still fresh. For anyone who is unfamiliar, Fire Emblem is a turn-based Strategy RPG, which for the first 6 games of the 11 game franchise were Japan Only. The game gained some notability when Roy and Marth were included in Super Smash Bros. Melee, which led to the release of Fire Emblem 7 (Known as just Fire Emblem) in the USA. Most of the people who got this game would run onto a Game Forum (GameFAQs and such) and immediately go "WHERE ROY AND MARTH IS?!!?" The irony is that, neither of them were in the game. (Marth was the main character in Fire Emblem 1 and 3, and Roy was the main character in Fire Emblem 6.).

Anyway, if you haven't played it, I seriously suggest you try it out. If you have, let's get some conversations going. :3 If you'd like to know more about the game series, I can pretty much tell you anything you'd need to know.

Actually I believe Roy was in Fire Emblem 7 (known better to us Americans as just Fire Emblem, as you already pointed out) in a cameo at the end of the game. Anyway, I've beaten it like five times already and I've wanted to play the sequel to it (in which Roy is the main character) for a long time but never got around to it. Care to enlighten me on what happens in the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back