• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any of you Cool Dudes here ever done Pilates?

Danger Burger

Thread Killer
I'm concidering it.

It looks at the same time both tough AND an attack on my manliness. Though I know the latter to not be true.

Simply taking a lookie for back problems. Does it help much in strenghtening the core??

I'm not unfit or anything (them soccer games are tough, alright?) so that aspect worrys me not. Its also pricey as fuuuuuuuudge, 54 quid for six lessons.

Any thoughts, suggestions, tales or insults are welcome.

Go to the nearest gym and start doing some Dead Lifts. Really will help straighten that back out. But make sure to only use your back while lifting. You'll feel good as new in no time.

Dude, don't listen to the haters, Pilates is a crazy good workout. My mom is a manger for a Pilate studio so I can sneak in for free lessons and it is a great low-impact workout. It strengthens your body without putting much strain on your joints or your back. If you have some sort of injury it's an absolutely great workout plan.

Go to the nearest gym and start doing some Dead Lifts. Really will help straighten that back out. But make sure to only use your back while lifting. You'll feel good as new in no time.

Dead lifts. Anyhing with dead in the name does not sound like the solution to my lingering back pains! And the gym costs alot more than the pilates!!

Dude, don't listen to the haters, Pilates is a crazy good workout. My mom is a manger for a Pilate studio so I can sneak in for free lessons and it is a great low-impact workout. It strengthens your body without putting much strain on your joints or your back. If you have some sort of injury it's an absolutely great workout plan.

Can I get your mom's number then?... I jest.

Good, thats the kinda voodoo I like to hear. I've done Mauy thai, aikido and wrestling in the past year, but with college work mounting I had to call some quits. The lacking exercise has left me half crippled, as has the sitting at a desk all day, and theyre too intense for going in a on-again off-again approach.

The lessons are about an hour and a half each week for either six/eight weeks. Is this right? For the 54 quid price range??

Can I get your mom's number then?... I jest.

Good, thats the kinda voodoo I like to hear. I've done Mauy thai, aikido and wrestling in the past year, but with college work mounting I had to call some quits. The lacking exercise has left me half crippled, as has the sitting at a desk all day, and theyre too intense for going in a on-again off-again approach.

The lessons are about an hour and a half each week for either six/eight weeks. Is this right? For the 54 quid price range??

Well I have no idea how much a quid would equal up to for an American dollar but the time table is correct. As long as you keep a healthy diet with the workouts you should be a-okay.

Yoga is also good for core strength as it relies heavily on learning to balance yourself.

I'm half torn on Yoga, it might be a little too relaxation heavy? But i'll definately choose it if I can find it for much cheaper.

Theres always Yogilates... But something about that screams AVOID.

The really good yoga sessions involve very difficult balance techniques. Not to mention, you have to sit in them for a long enough time your muscles will be shaking. Same theory as doing wall sits, except in much weirder positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back