• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any new additions to the part time bunch?

chicagokmc

Getting Noticed By Management
As I see it, there are a few different types of part time wrestlers on the WWE roster. Wrestlers that are my examples of each type are:

Rob Van Dam/Jericho - wrestles full time for about 6 months, then disappears completely for about 6 months. Van Dam isn't wrestling or doing anything for other promotions during his time away. he's just gone while Jericho pursues his entertainment interests.

Rock - has chosen entertainment over wrestling. however, still appears from time to time. the difference between he and Jericho is that when Jericho comes back he seems to be full time just for a small window of time. the rock will never be full time again in WWE; his entertainment work is just bigger and he has too much to lose getting hurt wrestling.

Lesnar/Undertaker - just has a sweet deal where he just doesn't have to wrestle much. he isn't doing ufc or anything entertainment related. maybe his contract allows him to do things, to my knowledge he just doesn't. Undertaker was on this plan too with most of his work centered around WM. If Sting has actually signed I wouldn't be shocked if this was his deal as well.

let's assume for a minute that part time wrestling is here to stay. the wwe could have put their foot down on this and instead they seem to not discourage it. so lets not debate if they should have part time wrestlers. that said, are there any new wrestlers you see eventually going to part time status? if there is one thing the part timers have in common is that they are all very popular. I don't know if there are other active wrestlers that popular who could get away with it. The 3 old guys, Kane, Mark Henry and Big Show, come to mind. But I'm not sure. Thoughts?

I don't know if this counts, but I could see Kurt Angle coming back to the WWE for a few part time stints before he retires. I would love to see him in matches against Daniel Bryan, Cesaro,, and one more match against fellow part timer Brock Lesner. There are many other matches to where he could massively put other stars over. Angle was always one of my favorites to watch, and I still think he could do some good in a few part times runs with the WWE.

You forgot Triple H's sweet deal. Wrestle whoever you want, whenever you want, and do it with a ring entrance reminiscent of a Spinal Tap concert. Throw in a guaranteed major match at 'Mania and second-to-last say on the creative/finishes, and that's the ultimate part-time gig.

Come to think of it, go ahead and throw Christian and Mysterio in there as well. They may not have it written in to their contract, but at this stage in their careers neither guy is working a full schedule. They can barely get into an angle before being written out of it, and between Christian's emaciated frame and Rey's need for a shirt they're showing their age as well as feeling it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back