Any Med/Nursing Students Among Us?

smizzy

Doubt it, bud.
Is there anyone on the forums who is either interested in, currently involved in, or has already graduated from the medical field, more specifically a school of nursing? I ask because as of today, I've began taking steps towards this field. My ultimate goal is to become a RN and then continue onward towards becoming a CRNA. I am definitely able and willing to put forth the time and effort for this but I would like to pick the brain of anyone that is involved.

I am a sophomore currently and technically still a Sports Management major. My initial aspiration was to work for a Major League Baseball team as part of a baseball operations staff, but my dream has been quickly dissipating because of the risk; I don't want to be stuck with my degree if I can't land the job that I want (statistically speaking, I won't land the job I want).

Finished my Nursing this year, it was the best thing I ever did. It's also by far the hardest. You have to be 100% committed, it can take everything out of you at times. I work in Intensive Care, so it's completely crazy, but so rewarding.

Finished my Nursing this year, it was the best thing I ever did. It's also by far the hardest. You have to be 100% committed, it can take everything out of you at times. I work in Intensive Care, so it's completely crazy, but so rewarding.

Awesome! Great resource. I'll definitely be approaching you in the future once the ball gets rolling.

I have to finish my semester out at my current university and then I'll apply for the LPN program at the local vo-tech school. Before that I'm going to attempt to get a CNA and then begin working at the hospital; get some experience to help out getting into the Nursing School by next September. I'm so happy that this path has unfolded over the last few days. I was extremely discouraged prior to this because the more I looked into getting into the nursing program at my University, the dimmer my chances seemed. I know a girl that was turned down and had a 3.8 gpa for Christ sake.

Awesome! Great resource. I'll definitely be approaching you in the future once the ball gets rolling.

I have to finish my semester out at my current university and then I'll apply for the LPN program at the local vo-tech school. Before that I'm going to attempt to get a CNA and then begin working at the hospital; get some experience to help out getting into the Nursing School by next September. I'm so happy that this path has unfolded over the last few days. I was extremely discouraged prior to this because the more I looked into getting into the nursing program at my University, the dimmer my chances seemed. I know a girl that was turned down and had a 3.8 gpa for Christ sake.

Awesome, feel free to message me!

I started as a CNA, well, the UK equivalent, and it helped me so much. Not having to get to grips with the basics as well as deal with all the learning of anatomy and physiology and the 100,000 medications was a big help. Plus you pick up a lot of the basic diagnoses and their symptoms by being around the patients moreso than anyone else as a CNA. If you have time for it, I'd recommend that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back