• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Antonio Silva Calls Out Brock Lesnar, Wants to Send Him Back to Pro Wrestling

ITurnGirlsGay

Twitter -- @FightOnTwist
Antonio Silva is still fresh off the biggest win of his career, beating down long time top heavyweight, Fedor Emelianenko. Now, shortly after Zuffa bought Strikeforce, the #6 ranked heavyweight, wants to add another high-profile name to his resume. He talked to mmajunkie and called out former UFC heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/3/15/2053347/ufc-buys-strikeforce-antonio-silva-calls-out-brock-lesnar

I'd watch that fight. For sure. I wonder how long it's going to take before more call outs start happening.

Of course he is going to call him out. While Brock may not be the best, he is still the biggest draw in MMA. I wouldn't be surprised if every top HW in SF, and even some of the up and comers call him out. Especially knowing the fight isn't possible while they are still under contract with SF. If you're going to call somebody out than you might as well make some noise, and call out the biggest draw.

First of all, this is a fight I would LOVE to see, IF Lesnar beats JDS, I mean.

I think Antonio Silva has the potential to become the absolute best Heavyweight in the game. By fight time he's 290 just like Lesnar usually is. And as Lesnar has an advantage of most Heavyweights because of his size COMBINED with his wrestling ability and speed, Big Foot Silva has an advantage over EVERY Heavyweight because of his size COMBINED with absolute WORLD CLASS Jiu-Jitsu. It's just incredible to me how someone Big Foot's size has been able to become so incredible on the ground. He's going to be a major problem with any Heavyweight he steps in the cage with, especially since his boxing seems to improve with every fight, too.

But yeah... as far as his comments are concerned, like Fizzy said... Silva's just calling out the most popular fish in the sea. Every other big Heavyweight in the UFC right now are way too classy to speak ill will towards, so Silva made Lesnar his target. No big deal; I just hope one day we indeed can see that fight, if Lesnar is able to rebound from the Cain Velasquez fight that is.

Agreed, I think Bigfoot could give anyone in the UFC problems. If he works on his cardio that is. He did look gassed against Ricco. That seems to have been somewhat of a non-factor during the Arlovski and Fedor fights.

Question though, JMT, how much could Bigfoot's boxing have improved if his fight with Arlovski didn't end like this:

knock-out.jpg
005_Sergei_Kharitonov_vs_Andrei_Arlovski.jpg
thumb3_andrei_arlovski_vs_brett_rogers.jpg

:lol::lol::lmao:

LOL

Well, Big Foot just may have pillow hands, but that doesn't take away from his crisp and accurate boxing he's displayed in his last few fights.

The thing about Arlovski though is that AA was actually boxing Fedor and Sergei up before getting caught, and there's no doubt he would have out-boxed Rogers, too. Unfortunately, the kid simply just can't take a shot from guys with heavy hands.

However, Antonio Silva actually out-boxed Arlovski for 3 straight rounds, which to me is way more impressive than a quick knockout, since NOBODY has ever out struck Arlovski for 3 straight rounds.

So, yeah... while Big Foot's punching power is questionable, his boxing looked superb against Arlovski and will only get better with time I'm sure.

That depends on where that punching power is coming from. I doubt Fedor would say Bigfoot can't punch. Can you imagine if they were fighting under Unified MMA Rules during that fight? Holy shit. Fedor would have, more than likely, been knocked out. Elbows plus those meatlockers? Fuck me, Fedor should thank his lucky stars.

Big foot is a fucking freak man, his size with his hands is just amazing. I don't think compared to some other Hw that he is that fast. But with his size and his reach he is a huge force in the Hw devision now.

He has a black belt in Karate, BJJ, and, Judo. It's nuts, the Karate compiled with boxing is just devistating. He can stifle throws with Judo, and throw with it to. Get him to the ground and he is a threat with his BJJ. He right now is a total package, and with his ever improving boxing skills and a pretty solid jaw he is going to go someware.

cklnrthmspjzliwl.jpg

That's Bigfoot Silva trying to use an iPhone! No joke!

Yeah, I'd say this is a pretty good indicator of how gigantic this guy's hands are. I'd be real curious to see how Brock would react if Bigfoot got those mitts on him. I realize Brock has a solid wrestling background, but the Judo and BJJ of Bigfoot could turn those grappling wars into hip-tosses and sweeps real quickly if Brock is up to snuff on his defensive grappling. The distancing and lateral movement of his Karate background could also prove to be highly effective in keeping Brock from closing any gaps to grab a hold of Silva. Which could turn it into a stand-up war. After what I have seen out of Brock lately, I'd favor Goulet in a stand-up war with Brock. That being said, I definitely do not think Silva is as bad as Goulet. Just a tongue-in-cheek comment about the stand-up or, in this case, lack there of that Brock possesses.

I've said since day one that Brock's stand-up is horrible and I was met with a bunch of shit. I even pointed out to people that Brock fully extends his punches, which is a boxing NO-NO, leaving himself wide open for an overhand right. I believe I've even said this on these threads, though I could be wrong. I'm glad to see, after Carwin and Velasquez, that people are finally starting to see things the way I've been telling them that they are.

I've said since day one that Brock's stand-up is horrible and I was met with a bunch of shit. I even pointed out to people that Brock fully extends his punches, which is a boxing NO-NO, leaving himself wide open for an overhand right. I believe I've even said this on these threads, though I could be wrong. I'm glad to see, after Carwin and Velasquez, that people are finally starting to see things the way I've been telling them that they are.

I like you have said about the same thing, I think Brocks standup can use a lot of work. But it is far from the worst. Silva has huge hands, but lets not forget that Carwin had the same. Brocks hands aren't tiny either. After doing a small bit of looking, to be honest in just size they are pretty matched. Both weight about the same going into fights, Way over the limit lol. Silva only has one inch in height and reach, But one inch sometimes Is all it takes to land a good punch. To be honest I'd like to see the fight. I don't think that it would be a quick win for either man.

The worst might have been a gross exaggeration, but his stand-up is pretty horrible. If his hands weren't the size they are he would be one of the most ineffective strikers in the division. Especially since the HW division isn't really know for being a grappler's division. People watch HW fights because they usually end with someone getting knocked the fuck out.

See that’s a big stereotype, the people who don't watch Ufc that often turn to the Hw's to throw the big knockout punches. But to be honest I love a good grapple in the Heavyweights. I don't know, it's just me. You see a lot more heavyweights today with good wrestling backgrounds and I think that should be a lot of the focus.

I think a lot of the Ko fights would have been different if It were taken to the ground. Because Also a lot of Hw fighters just kind of rely on heavy hitting for no reason. They have a good background in wrestling or Bjj but are to lazy to use it.

A lot of heavyweight fights would turn out to be a battle of stamina if it was taken to the ground. This bullshit of going from 265 to 275-290 on the day of fights would be completely broken apart. A lot of that is water weight, and as any bigger dude who has wrestled can state. Never go out with water on your stomach, it slows you down and makes you feel sick as fuck.

:disappointed: This AA talk makes me depressed, no lie.

As for a fight between Silva and Lesnar, I would love to see that go down. It's just a shame that we won't get to see it for awhile and by the time it can happen both men may be out of their primes. Here's hoping we get to see it before that happens though. Not much more to it then what has already been said. What a better way for Silva to get recognized then to call out the biggest name and draw in the Heavyweight division. Silva would no doubt out box and strike Lesnar but the question would be if Silva could stop Lesnar's takedowns and if and when the fight hit the ground if Lesnar could avoid Silva's submission attempts. Either way I love to see this fight happen and if Dana would actually cross promote then this fight has to happen as soon as the SF Grand Prix concludes, or even sooner if Silva looses to his next round opponent.

I think even if Lesnar would get some take downs Bigfoot could work out of it. Honestly Lesnar is strong, but with Silva's Bjj and judo training it would be pretty hard to take him down. The question in the fight is does Lesnar want to take him down? I know it might sound stupid but Silva is huge and with his Bjj he is a giant threat on the ground. Lesnar has never faced an opponent with Silva's size and his Bjj training.

Mir had great bjj but not Silva's size. His size compiled with his ability to hang with Lesnars wrestling due to his judo is kind of alarming. Both men have heavy hands and it would kind of be who has the better chin on that, but Lesnar isn't the greatest on the ground. I think if he were to take down Bigfoot he would either have to work for a really good arm trap or hope to catch him early on the ground to hit some good hammer fists.

It would be a good while before this fight could even happen because Overeem has yet to face Werdum. If Bigfoot can't pull out a win against either man he could be a really big threat in the Ufc, I think if he comes to fight for Dana a Lesnar fight could defiantly be a possibility. But that could be at least a year if not 2 years from now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back