Another Title Unification

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
One of the most idiotic ideas came to play a while back when the WWE decided to create a second diva's singles title & split the roster of divas between the three brands where RAW wasn't the only brand to feature high-caliber female talent. In its heyday, they had Victoria, Trish, Lita, Molly Holly & Mickie James dominating the division & proved widely successful. As of right now, there are women on the roster than can take the places of the women that did something for the division yet aren't employed by the company as full-time wrestlers. However, the decision to split the rosters has completely lost all momentum for the division in building itself into something better.

What I propose is the WWE should unify both the Diva's title & the Women's title together & bring the girls in the division whom are used to wrestle & are good at it over to the one show, whether it be RAW or SD. Personally, I would love to see all the diva's on SD as the current creative/booking commitee they have would do wonders for the division & the roster needs a boost in superstars & needs something to fill in the shows. By pulling all the star power the WWE womens division has together, it can make for some interesting combinations for matches & certainly get the crowd interested again. Having the likes of Mickie & Natalya on the same show with SD's booking can make a dream feud seem specatular... maybe even surpassing the Trish/Mickie feud.

So, I ask the same question to you. Should the E unify the two womens titles together & bring the girls onto the one show?

Please remember, no posting about how the "diva's division is shit."

It makes sense for them to unify the titles, but will they, I don;t think so.

The Diva's title has not been around long enough for anyone to care about who holds it. The Womens title on the other hand has a wealth of history. I understand the need, like you said, to showcase women's talents on both shows, but really, the Womens title is already watered down enough because of the lack of decent female wrestlers around the WWE today.

Mickie James, Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix. These are the only real wrestlers that have ever made any impact on me. And since Beth has bee away from Santino, to be honest, i haven't really followed her. Its a shame because there is some really promising womens talent in the WWE.

The bottom line is, both womens titles will not be unified, not yet anyway. THe idea behind the separation was good, but what has actually come to fruitition is not what they had wanted.

I have been thinking about this for a while now FalKon. The diva's/women's division should have never been split into two seperate things. On the one brand we have a majority of the divas who actually fight. On the other brands we have a mix of both but the ones who don't wrestle seem to outweigh those that do. It would be good to see the titles unified I think. One thing I would do though is to get rid of the Diva's belt completely. I would not want to see the likes of Mickie James carrying around two belts. In my eyes the Diva's belt just looks ridiculous. When they split the brand they least they could have done was made a belt similiar in appearance the women's championship or to TNA's knockout championship.

I would love to see the feuds that could come from all the diva's being on just one brand. While it may be good on Smackdown due to the booking being really good right now I would like to seem the on ECW possibly. I know that is the place where future talent is groomed but I think if the Diva's were added to the mix on that show then ECW could really expand it's audience and really come close to Smackdown/Raw's calibur. They could also just leave who is on the shows now and just have the champion go to all shows the way JeriShow does. Instead of having it booked with one contender from the one show though I would would always have one from each show wanted a chance at the title this way it doesn't always appear like they are randomly throwing feuds together.

No.

While the Diva's Championship is a joke at the moment, it allows more exposure for the Diva's on two seperate shows, and it can help develop the characters of certain Diva's so the fans may be able to get into the division as a whole, more.

NO. Even though the idea should've never been put into play, they have to keep it the same, where RAW and SD! have the same number of titles. I think the belt is not wrestling oriented in anyway (Being that it's a F&^%ing butterfly. But with TNA working to an all KNOCKOUT show and introducing tag team titles in their division WWE needs to keep what they have going rolling. But IMO the women who can wrestle go to the show with Womens title. and for the most of the smackdown diva roster they may contend for the look how sexy I am title.

No it won't happen anytime soon if ever. The concept of 2 female titles was nice, it just hasn't worked out a whole lot so far. The depth on both rosters is not good but it does get the women exposure. The Divas title is so God awful looking, it will never be taken seriously IMO. Maybe someday they will get put back together, but not right now sadly.

whats the point of Unifining the title they did it with the WWE and WCW Title a long time ago but now unfining the world and WWE tag titles was just stupid WWE Has 3 brands heres a thought bring back the ECW TV Title so the WRESTLERS in ECW have a nother title to go after besides the ECW Title ( Altho beenin a original ECW the new belt dont mean nothing to me. )

I like it, FalKon but I have my own twist to this great idea of yours. I suggest unifying the Women’s and Divas Titles the same was the Tag Team Titles are today. I like the Brand Split and I like the Divisions. I love the idea of the Champs being the only ones to cross Brands. It gives them more “importance” as Superstars to be featured on all three shows.

I never thought the Diva's Title was a good idea from the minute they introduced it. It's an ugly belt and a useless title... they should just rename it to what it REALLY is.. the "WWE T&A TITLE".

As for women competitors in the WWE... there are actually quite a few good ones that are on the roster, and some that shouldnt even bother to show up to the arenas.

Here's the roster of the WWE Women's Division in total...

Beth Phoenix
Mickie James
Melina Perez
Jillian Hall
Katie Lea
Natalya Neidhart
Gail Kim
Kelly Kelly (X)
Alicia Fox (X)
The Bella Twins (X)
Maryse Oulette
Maria Kanellis (X)
Rosa Mendez (Melina Roucka)
Michelle McCool
Eve (X)
Layla El (X)

Now.. out of that list I have put an "X" next to the ones that can go and not be missed at all in a WWE ring since they don't bring anything to the "sport" at all. The others on the list that I HAVEN'T "ex-ed out" actually CAN wrestle even though vince doesn't like to show it (with the possible exception of michelle mccool and maryse oulette).. to him the women's division was and always WILL be "just a t&a show" to satisfy his perverted sexual fantasies. keep in mind this is a man who is 64 years old and still sends his women competitors to have breast implants and made his "future legendary champion" trish stratus get on all fours and bark in front of him

To bring some respect back to the women's division, the "diva-bimbos" need to be released outright and sent somewhere else... peroxide blonds with fake breasts do NOTHING to improve the division.

vince needs to focus his attention on the women that CAN wrestle and come up with some better angles for them to use in the ring. But what he NEEDS to do most of all is.. and i actually HATE this phrase.. "think outside of the box." The box being the United States.

Though I give him credit for recruiting Katie Lea from Germany and putting her in the federation, he needs to look to MEXICO, CANADA, and ESPECIALLY in JAPAN for some of the best women wrestlers around.

While NONE of them may be household names (hell, if they aint on wwe programming or tna virtually NOBODY knows who they are!) given time and proper push they may well be.

For now, the Diva's Title/division will reign supreme as "the bathroom break matches" at live house shows, and unfortunately, i have a sinking feeling that we'll be stuck with the pathetic diva's title for quite a few more years to come. As long as there's peroxide in the world and saline as well.. the diva's title will be around... much to SERIOUS women's competitors (and the fans') dismay.

I never thought the Diva's Title was a good idea from the minute they introduced it. It's an ugly belt and a useless title... they should just rename it to what it REALLY is.. the "WWE T&A TITLE".

As for women competitors in the WWE... there are actually quite a few good ones that are on the roster, and some that shouldnt even bother to show up to the arenas.

Here's the roster of the WWE Women's Division in total...

Beth Phoenix
Mickie James
Melina Perez
Jillian Hall
Katie Lea
Natalya Neidhart
Gail Kim
Kelly Kelly (X)
Alicia Fox (X)
The Bella Twins (X)
Maryse Oulette
Maria Kanellis (X)
Rosa Mendez (Melina Roucka)
Michelle McCool
Eve (X)
Layla El (X)

Now.. out of that list I have put an "X" next to the ones that can go and not be missed at all in a WWE ring since they don't bring anything to the "sport" at all. The others on the list that I HAVEN'T "ex-ed out" actually CAN wrestle even though vince doesn't like to show it (with the possible exception of michelle mccool and maryse oulette).. to him the women's division was and always WILL be "just a t&a show" to satisfy his perverted sexual fantasies. keep in mind this is a man who is 64 years old and still sends his women competitors to have breast implants and made his "future legendary champion" trish stratus get on all fours and bark in front of him

To bring some respect back to the women's division, the "diva-bimbos" need to be released outright and sent somewhere else... peroxide blonds with fake breasts do NOTHING to improve the division.

vince needs to focus his attention on the women that CAN wrestle and come up with some better angles for them to use in the ring. But what he NEEDS to do most of all is.. and i actually HATE this phrase.. "think outside of the box." The box being the United States.

Though I give him credit for recruiting Katie Lea from Germany and putting her in the federation, he needs to look to MEXICO, CANADA, and ESPECIALLY in JAPAN for some of the best women wrestlers around.

While NONE of them may be household names (hell, if they aint on wwe programming or tna virtually NOBODY knows who they are!) given time and proper push they may well be.

For now, the Diva's Title/division will reign supreme as "the bathroom break matches" at live house shows, and unfortunately, i have a sinking feeling that we'll be stuck with the pathetic diva's title for quite a few more years to come. As long as there's peroxide in the world and saline as well.. the diva's title will be around... much to SERIOUS women's competitors (and the fans') dismay.

Ability to wrestle or not, I will sure as hell miss the ones you marked with an “X” for Entertainment value. I don’t watch the Divas for 2 thumbs up, 5 star, perfect 10 matches. That’s what the guys are for. Yes, it would be great to see Beth Phoenix vs. Natalya Neidhart for the Undisputed Women’s / Divas Championship, but we’re not watching a Federation anymore. We’re watching Entertainment.

A quick answer is no. As Mighty Oil said the split titles allows for more exposure for more divas. This division has been one of the low parts of WWE but if they keep them seperate and continue to work on them then it could improve thus more interest in them besides using them for bathroom breaks.

The thing is, is although it is useless and looks like a piece of shit, the Diva's title actually helps the division, I reckon. Nobody really cares anyway, but the title means that the women on the brand it is on have a purpose. You could have a situation like that used by the tag division, but if you do this with too many titles, you'll end up with the sorts of problems that led to titles being reinstated after the brand split.

So, I think the title should stay as it makes it look like there is a point to having divas on both brands outside of lame skits and valets.

Well the thing is that, overall, nobody really cares about the WWE's women's division. Some of them are pretty talented in the ring but, overall, the WWE audience doesn't really care about women's wrestling. As long as the Divas are hot, wear skimpy and/or skin tight outfits, then the general audience will tolerate them.

In the case of the Divas, having a title on each brand gives, at least, the appearance that the female performers actually have some sort of goal or purpose. Now, if the WWE ever decided to create a serious women's division, I might say unify them. But, as of now, I think things are fine the way they are. As I said, the titles give the appearance of giving the Divas some sort of goal to reach and they're not hurting anything overall.

yeah...but one of the purposes of Divas is entertaining as the midcard,....WWE sees this division as the filling for the show, thats why I don't think they care too much about it. I would like to, but I am being realistic

No. I think the two women's title thing is working decently. Before Michelle's injury smackdown's diva division was better than Raw's anyways. Melina & Michelle put on one of the best WWE women's matches of the year, and having the belt to "fight" over makes it more appealing than just fighting because of something stupid.

The WWE have enough talented women on each brand to make both divisions work. Mickie, Beth, Gail, and Maryse are all great competitors and then with solid girls like Alicia & Jillian, Kelly they have enough to make it work.

Same with smackdown with McCool, Melina & Nattie all being great performers and then you have girls like Eve & Layla who are improving great and Maria who is over, and Katie Lea floating around ECW, I don't see any reason why the WWE couldn't book some great feuds for the belts.

So right now I think WWE should just countinue building up the divisions and put on great feuds. Merging the belts and having one stand alone belt will pretty much mean we will have pointless mini feuds.

The titles should definitely be merged, by which I mean get rid of the frankly insulting divas title. I think it's a bad move from a business point of view to remove the divas from the show (I use divas in this context to mean the women on the show who can't wrestle), and if you want to take up 5 minutes of a show with a bikini contest or whatever, that's all well and good, but you do need to highlight womens wrestling as well to some extent.

I think having a show dedicated entirely to women wrestlers is a bad move, it just wont draw that much, and is more of a novelty idea than anything. Womens wrestling, when done correctly, which is pretty rare in WWE, can actually be amazing. Fast paced and high energy matches, like the old wcw crusierweight matches. This is the aspect WWE needs to draw on. Having Katie Lea, Melina, Mickie James, Gail Kim, Beth Pheonix, Natalya as the major competitors in the division creates some great possibilities. Hire one or two of the better female wrestlers from abroad and you've got yourself a pretty awesome division.

People always talk about Trish as if she's the best thing to happen to the womens division in years, and I suppose she was, but this was because she was involved in lots of high profile storylines, not because she was a particularly good wrestler. She hit the basic hurricanrana, a bulldog and a kick each match, and very little else. In terms of wrestling ability, she just wasn't that good at all.

Like some have already mentioned, if you combined the women all on to one roster they would not get enough exposure. Having one divas match a night is good and if all the divas are on one show then only a handful will get time. If Beth and Mickie are feuding over the title, what would Melina, Michelle, Kim, Maryse and Natalya do.

I think it would do the women's division some good if they merged and brought all of the serious wrestling divas to one show. The only divas match I've enjoyed recently was Mickie/Beth (although I did enjoy the six-person intergender match w/ Trish Monday). There aren't many divas that can wrestle and look good AND competent doing it. When Alicia Fox beat Gail Kim Monday, I thought to myself "Really?" There is no way that they're putting that belt on Fox. And if the did to swerve the IWC, then Creative needs beaten about the head, repeatedly.

If the level of talent went up, I could understand splitting the division and having both belts. As it is, though, I would much prefer that they be merged.

r u people that stupid?!?!?! Combine the rosters?!?! Leave them (the rosters & 2 titles) the way they r... there are plenty of Diva's on each show. they all are getting showtime, one way or another... it'll take some time, but what Vince has decided to do will start to "bear fruit" in due time... there's one thing u people need: and that's patience in the WWE

I personally don't like the way titles are handled in WWE, but it is what it is. Like some have said, Vince thinks this will work. If it doesn't, he'll unify the belts sometime. The women's division stopped mattering about the time Trish and Lita retired anyway. I'm not saying there hasn't been a great women's match here or there (the I Quit match between Melina and Beth Phoenix comes to mind). But as a whole, both titles are really a joke.

If another title needs to be added, it should be to ECW since that brand needs a second-tier championship to add to the show.

I do think it was stupid to have two titles because back in the days of chyna, trish stratus, ivory and jaqueline the one womans title was fought for on all shows it didnt have to stick to one indivudual show and the divas could still be part of all shows today instead of having to stick to one show but i think everyone knows a lot of the fans really dont care about the divas. you can see it when you watch or when your actually there very few people in the crowd actually cheer for the divas when they fight.

I do think there are some good wrestlers gail kim for instance is a good wrestler and beth phoenix reminds me of chyna with her build and how she could probably wrestle some of the men but i just think since the retirement of people like trish, lita and chyna the divas have become forgotten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back