• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Another run for ex-wwe writers?

CCIV

An idea to light a fire under the ass of the wrestling business.

On a Thursday morning announce a Friday live company press conference at noon. This gives the wrestling world and media world 24 hours to speculate and dig for dirt. The press conference will be a blend of storyline and reality to us wrestling fans. The rest of the world will have to figure that out for themselves. The conference should be shot and feel like a sports teams press conference when they are addressing their fan base about the teams structure and future.

We'll see a podium with Vince in the middle, Steph/HHH to his right and Shane to his left. There are six empty seats and unoccupied microphones. Three next to Shane, three next to Steph/HHH. In front of Shane is the red Raw logo, and the blue Smackdown logo is in front of Steph/HHH.

The storyline: Vince has decided to sell the tv rights, ring, arena contracts, production teams, and a roster (to be determined at a later date) of both Raw and Smackdown. Shane has purchased Raw and Steph/HHH Smackdown. Everything included under each specific brand belongs to its new owners. They have the power to do whatever they want with their new purchase. They will be completely separate and different entities. They will compete against each other for the eyes, ears and hearts of the wrestling and entertainment world.

The reality: Shane and Steph/HHH would like to speak on their vision for the future and introduce the individuals they've hired to be a part of their team. Steph\HHH introduce Court Bauer, Kevin Eck and Ryan Ward. They are seated and introduce themselves with a brief history of who they are. Shane counters with his team. Enter Vince Russo, Ed Ferrara and Alex Greenfield. They too introduce themselves. From here everyone sells, sells, sells. Both sides speak on how they are going to set fire to the sports entertainment world. "Their" show is going to blow the other one out of the water week after week. "Their" roster is going to be the greatest group of professional wrestlers ever assembled. If you've been away from wrestling you'll want to pay the hell attention again cause it's back and will be bigger and better than it's ever been. "We" are going to show the tv, movie, social media world what wrestling/sports entertainment can do! And on and on... They eventually take questions...

Each brand will have its own tour schedule and will truly compete against each other week to week. Each show will have its storylines and roster but they will also recreate a "war" type atmosphere so the fans have to choose sides and we are always waiting to see how the other show or talent is going to respond. Yes creative teams and Raw and Smackdown have competed like this before but not with these creative teams. Sign the previous mentioned ex-writers each to a 4yr contract. One last run. Not for a resume boost. Not for an ego trip. For everyone in the business and all the fans of sports entertainment.

Twitter, Instagram, Vine, TMZ, ESPN, and of course WWE itself go crazy as all the world is talking about is the new structure set forth by this groundbreaking press conference.

What is RAW going to look like on Monday?

Does Smackdown reply or beat the excitement and anticipation of RAW?

What are the rosters going to look like?

Why do this? Right now you can (and I have and do) listen to Russo, Ferrara and Bauer talk about the WWE on a weekly basis. All three whether they know it or not have the same ideas and whether they would admit it have some fire in their voices and ideas in my opinion. The WWE has repaired plenty of burnt bridges over the years why not take this opportunity in time to give these men one last run? An all star cast of past writers/creative minds being given that second chance. Put all egos aside, everyone has matured, learned from past mistakes and wants to kick ass for the wrestling world one last time. Vince is 70yrs old and there may only be time for one more push for a wrestling boom in his lifetime. He's already gone to war with these men, he can trust these men, he has or at one time was on the same creative level as these men. Push all in and go for it one last time!!

I don't.......I....I dont know what to do here. I don't want to bury you and your idea, but its really hard not to. I'm going to make one point as to why this wouldn't and couldn't work and then I'm ging to let everyone else come up with new reasons. I dont want to hog them all

WWE is a publicly traded company. That means people invest their money in the business, World Wrestling Entertainment. You're proposing a live press conference where Vince McMahon, unbeknownst to shareholders, announces that he has sold the individual entities RAW and SMACKDOWN and given the owners complete control of those entities? Are you crazy? Shareholders would freak the fuck out and pull their money as soon as they could. Prices would plummet, Vinces net worth plunges, and all because you wanted to give ex-writers a second chance.

Hit Vinces music

You should just be a fan rather than trying to dictate how it is run. First, I just want to be a fan and don't want to know about what happens until I tune in to watch it. Second, the WWE, being a publicly traded company would probably be investigated by the SEC for a fake conference call. All bookers burn out after a while but with fans filling the seats and the money rolling in I don't see any changes. I prefer a more adult style of wrestling but WWE is geared towards kids and it sells.

I am personally holding you responsible for wasting four minutes of my life with this. You owe me four minutes of time.

You could have summarised this as:

'WWE should do a brand split again'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back