Announce Teams

kobrad

Pre-Show Stalwart
So over the last couple years the announce teams in WWE have been changed so many times it was getting annoying. I like to hear guys i like and remember their trademark line, like JR, he was the best at delivering slobberknocker and stomping a mudhole in his a**.

So my thread here is about the essence of WWE's announcers. What the heck is WRONG WITH THEM? They officiallly suck. The only one i can stand to listen to is the King because he is just perfect. Striker lies about every single stat he gives and he uses big words idk. Im smart but he is just over doing it. Cole is just boring. And Grisham is terrible. The ECW guys.....well thats why they are on ECW.

so what do you guys think abut announce teams nowadays? how could WWE make them better?

matt striker sucks, i hate him as an announcer, fire his useless ass, or put him somewhere where we dont hafta hear him, oh my fuck

I like Lawler a lot, he really makes RAW so much more interesting and Striker is in my opinion, the best commentator but as you said, he does lie about every stat which can get quite annoying

I agree that the announce teams on both Raw and Smackdown have been pretty bad lately. As far as Raw goes, splitting Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler was a stupid move, IMO. Those two have great chemistry and have a history of working together. Ross was moved to apparently "shake things up" and get more viewers to Smackdown. Unfortunately, it's not working. Michael Cole is not a great play-by-play guy, IMO. He's trying so hard, but there's only so much "vintage" one can take.

You want vintage? When Jim Ross comes back from his recent Bell's Palsy attack, put him back on Raw with Lawler. I admit that Jr's Oklahoma stuff gets kinda old, but he's great at moving a story along during the match. Then, tell Lawler to make up his mind as to whether he's a heel or face color commentator. One minute he's siding with a heel superstar like any of the heel Divas, then he's chiding established heels like Randy Orton, Jericho or C.M. Punk. You can't have it both ways.

As far as Smackdown goes, I'm okay with Matt Striker. He's getting better. He does have a fair knowledge of the industry's history (the times when he's accurate about it), which is a plus. Also, he's good at being the heel color analyist. However, he needs someone to play off of better. IMO, Todd Grisham needs to go back to being a locker room interviewer. He has no emotion whatsoever to be a play-by-play guy. They need to bring someone in that can make you interested in the product being put out there. Striker's also decent comic relief on the mic, something Lawler used to be good at himself. But Smackdown needs someone like JR, who can tell a good story to go along with the blow-by-blow action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back