• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anniversary Show: Titus Avison vs. Tyrone Blades (EurAsian Championship Match)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Two time world champions. EurAsian champions. Hall of Famers. Reigns that lasted over a year. Legends. What better match could you think to have on the anniversary show than Titus Avison and Tyrone Blades?

Titus Avison is putting his title ON THE LINE. Whatever happens we know there will be one winner in this match: The fans!

Deadline Monday 14th August 11:59pm Central Time. No extensions available.

I can count the amount of times I've been nervous for an interview, this was one of those times. Back in 2007 I was scheduled to appear on KCBS, they wanted me, Chuck Myles said no. I spent most of my career as an actor five hours away so I knew the station “San Jose Calling”, the oldest in the world. Yet Chuck wanted to send Paramount Joe T.

Needless to say a lot has changed in 10 years. Maybe that's another reason why I'm nervous. My opponent is him. Yes. Him. I'm sure Stan Bunger will bring him up. He's a great journalist and has likely read my Wikipedia page, definitely with his song choice. Any how here I am, sat in the radio studio headphones on. The on air light goes red.

Stan: That was the fantastic “Video Killed the Radio Star” which is a favourite song of my next guest. A man who needs no real introduction. Titus Avison!

Titus: Thanks Stan, a great song for sure. It was actually a theme used in a movie I did and was my first ever wrestling theme. I'm sure you already knew that.

Stan: Of course! Yes WZCW is back in town as it celebrates its tenth anniversary. What can we expect?

Titus: There's something for everyone. You have some old faces showing up. Fortunately we're not too far from the sea so Steamboat Ricky can get to us. Gordito's found someone to man the Sludge Pit for the night and who knows what Milenko's got planned.

My voice trails off as I'm talking about Milenko. Where did that party line come from? Deep down I know it'll be a great show but really neither of those are concerns of mine. I guess after a decade WZCW is in my veins, and Chuck Myles knows it. I look up and realise Stan has asked me a question, I didn't hear him.

Titus: Sorry, what was that?

Stan: What about you? What does this show mean to you?

Everything.

Titus: Stan, for me the show is just like any other. It's something where people have paid money to be entertained but I don't care for that. They may want to see a 30 minute epic where I end up losing due to some crazy situation but for me, that's not how I do things. I'm paid to win, whatever means necessary. So it'll be cool to see guys like Will and Ricky who have both screwed me over in the past, I'm not going to be celebrating their legacy. I'll be extending mine.

Stan: Yes, your legacy is that lengthy reign of yours. My research shows it's been 628 days since you won the EurAsian title.

Titus: 629.

Stan: Oh sorry, got that wrong.

It was 628 days, but something about the smugness of Stan Bunger wound me up.

Stan: So you're going to put your title on the line against another WZCW Hall of Famer in Tyrone Blades. Some would call him legendary. Would you?

Would I call the man who was the first EurAsian champion a legend? A man who has won hell in a cell? A man who has showed true Mayhem in that division? A tag team connoisseur? He had an undefeated streak that lasted a year. He held the World Title for over 400 days. He's a hall of famer. Of course he's a legend. The people aren't to know I think that though.

Titus: I don't think I can make a call on who has legendary status in WZCW. I know I have it and that's all that matters.

Stan: Before we look at what you think of Tyrone as a person, your EurAsian belt is on that line. How do you honestly feel about the match?

I'm shitting myself.

Titus: Look with every match you need to assess things. Wren could have beat me at Gold Rush, she didn't. Every single person I have faced for this belt has thought the same. Everyone backstage has thought the same. Everyone in the crowd has thought the same. Yet one man believed in me, his name is Titus Avison.

Yes I look at this great belt and remember who won it first. It was him, even if he refuses to acknowledge it. So the first v the greatest. This belt is mine and it'll take a lot more than that Hollow One to take it from me.

Confidence. Arrogance. Lies. It's how I won five Oscars. It's how I'll beat him.

Stan: You have some history together. Care to tell us about that?

Titus: Ha! History? Something like that. We've crossed paths a couple of times. He aided Vengeance in beating me for the world title. He went round the streets of Keystone City and found homeless people who hated me. Everything I did for that town and for what? To have some hobo called Jim curse me in the street? So there's history between Titus and Ty Burna. The thing is Stan, that's not the match.

Stan: It's not?

Titus: Nope. It's Titus Avison against Tyrone Blades. Two very different people to Tytus. Think, what's the difference? What is one thing that people see in Blades?

Stan: Hope?

Titus: Exactly. There's a quote I've just remembered from Meltdown 41. I was world champion he was Vengeance's lacky yet he had the audacity to mutter that line “My name is Tyrone Blades my dear. If you must, spread the name of your savior to all you know.” always stuck with me. Is he a Savior? Does he see himself as one? Was that his grand aim? A 7 year game? So yeah Tyrone Blades wants to be this hero. He'll say he he's not like that, but he is.

Stan: A wise man once said ”A hero must always be humble enough to ask for help and must always be prepared to dish out advice.” do you see that in Blades?

Is he joking? Has he just quoted the what makes a hero speech to me? I'll refuse to acknowledge it.

Titus: Vengeance. El Califa Dragon. Chris K.O. Alex Bowen. James King. S.H.I.T. Alhazred. James King. Phoenix.Stacey Maddison. People we thought he reached out to help for who either he screwed over or they screwed him. He ended his marriage for her and for what? He was a pawn in VI games, and for what?

So yeah he needs help and Jones and that masked person running around are perfect for his Hollow Ones campaign. Yet I wonder, is this movement going on backstage for Blades. Or is it against VI?

Stan: Why not both?

Titus: You can't go with both. Deep down everyone knows Tyrone Blades lets people down.

Deep down everyone knows Ty Burna is the greatest WZCW superstar to enter a ring.

Titus: Deep down we know he's doing this for selfish gain.

Poor Ty has found himself in a place he shouldn't be. He doesn't want this and I know that.

Titus: You can see him with his increasing army, and for what?

Batti has no place near this battle.

Titus: Vis Imperium have crossed paths with him and they outnumber him.

Vis Imperium could have 20 people and they'd fall to Tyrone Blades.

Titus: At the anniversary show I've a huge trick up my sleeve for Blades, he should be worried.

I should be the one who's worried.

Titus: So to answer your earlier question earlier. No, I wouldn't class him as a legend.

Stan: Well that's all we have time for here this morning. This has been San Jose Calling.

He's the one I've heard legends of.

Tyrone: Do you see what you've done Banks? You thought you had me on the ropes. You thought it was easy pickings for your hand picked goon squad. I'll be the first to admit, I thought I was broken too. A normal man would go home, call it a day. Not met. I fought through the hell you put me in. I broke Xander's face with his own god damn cane. The number don't matter, I'll be the motherfucker that's walking out with that W. I can survive whatever you throw at me! You played your trump card, and I still won. You have nothing over me, the people know of my sins! And yet they embrace me, they follow the battle cry of the Hollow Ones! This is why my name is on the top of the card once against. The night we celebrate the history of his great company, it's not your name up there. It's mine. Myles is no fool. He knows exactly what my name brings. I got Xander's blood on my hands now Banks.

The scene finally opens to a darkened room, a single light bulb flickering off and on. A bat reaches out and pushes the hanging bulb, moving it back and forth as the light briefly flashes on the covered and hooded face of Tyrone Blades. His eyes stare forward before pulling the bat back, the bulb swinging freely.

Tyrone: And soon I'll have my hands around your throat! See I got one down Banks, and with my mysterious benefactor, you don't know what kind of, pardon the phrase, chaos he or she is going to cause. You hurt my family Banks. You took my money, you've ripped my arms to shreds. Your lackeys have brained me with my own baseball bat, they've interfered in my matches, but guess what motherfucker, I'm still standing. You can't kill what I've begun. The Hollow Ones is more than just a name. It's a symbol of our resistance to your tyranny. We aim the crosshairs right for your head, and we're going to pull the trigger. But until then, I'm going to keep taking titles. I'm going to keep making Vis Imperium look like the bitch made jackasses that they are. It starts at the anniversary show when I take my very first title back. I get to scrub away that mistake that happened so long ago and make it right. I get to show why my generation is the greatest era of WZCW. The two men that have been here the longest. Two Hall of Famers. And your World Champion is on the undercard. No one gives a damn about Cooper, his relevancy to our history is non existent. You haven't developed a god damn talent worth their scratch since you took over Banks, it's why the likes of Titus and myself are the ones that need to stand at the top once more, to show how the past, present and the god damn future will look like in this company. We've carried the torch for so long. We've made the moments that people will tell their kids about. You think of us as relics? We're the motherfucking cornerstones of WZCW. The very foundation, the people that built this from the ground up, that's what we represent. You mean nothing. Your name may be next to owner, and you think you got the cajones to think you mean a god damn thing compared to us? Nah man, I'mma do you a favor Banksy boy, just kick back in your big expensive box seats. Pull up some popcorn, and watch the pros do this. Watch as we do exactly what we do week in and week out, and put on an absolute clinic.

The bulb's swing begins to slow down when suddenly Tyrone reaches out and catches it, holding the glass in his hand as he lifts it up slowly, revealing his whole face as he narrows his eyes.

Tyrone: Titus Avison. You broke my record for longest reigning champion. But what they forget to say, is you didn't do it with the World Heavyweight Title. You didn't have the very best going at you every god damn week, thinking they can smell your blood. Oh don't get me wrong son, I'm impressed with what you've done. You've taken the Eurasian title to the heights that I should have! It should have been done when I started my career. Instead I got stuck with politics in the back. But that doesn't matter now Avison. You beat me? You prove that your reign ain't no joke. In fact Titus, I'll do you a solid if you can beat me, I'll raise your hand in victory if I lose. But you already know don't you Titus? You ain't walking out of the anniversary show with your precious title reign. Yeah we can call it the first against the longest, but I'm going to prove that I'm the best. That the Eurasian Title, just like the World Title, is synonymous with my name and not yours. You remember don't you Titus? I was the young gun coming up when you were running with the World Title. I helped take it away from you. I took away your opportunity to gain it back, and I ended up taking the title for my own. It was off your back I began my dominance. You were more experienced than me at that point, but we're not the same as we once we're Avison. Ty Burna vs. Titus. It would have been the most celebrated match four years ago, and here we are now, headlining the very show that celebrates the company that we both hold dear to our hearts. Now it's Avison vs. Blades. The two old hounds that reinvented themselves. The two men that refuse to go by the wayside. Simply put Titus, neither of us are willing to fucking die. But here's the difference, you cling to your title reign as your legacy. My legacy is not done being wrote. My legacy will only grow if I take that Eurasian Title. I am already the greatest, but I'm going to make sure everyone fucking knows it.

Tyrone lowers the bulb, the sound of his bat tapping the ground can be heard echoing in the room as he grips the bulb harder, blocking all but the faintest of light. The camera catches a quick blur of Tyrone's face, still staring ahead behind his bandanna.

Tyrone: Titus, we haven't seen eye to eye, well, ever. But this match is nothing personal. It's the two of us going out there, and putting on the best match possible. There was no one else for them to choose from that could represent what WZCW truly stands for. We've set the bar for so many years. We are the warriors to bleed out excellence. We are the ones that put our tears and broke our bodies, just to make this company the absolute best. It will be an honor to stand in that ring with you Titus. Despite everything around us, Vis Imperium, Banks, all our detractors, all our followers, the only thing that matters is we show those fans out there what we believe in. We are Hall of Famers. We are former World Champions. We've done it all. Main evented Kingdom Come, won the Lethal Lottery, but we're still here. We didn't fade away after we were inducted. We said our thanks and we went back on the grind. We fought to keep our spot. We took on everyone in our path to get back to the top. And here we are. But there's only room for one of us Avison. No more games between us. No more mocking of each other's gimmicks. They may think it's not life or death, but for the two of us, leaving without that Eurasian Title might as well be. So please accept my apologies, because when I hit you with that Click Clack, it's gonna be lights out.

Tyrone suddenly squeezes the bulb and it shatters, leaving the room completely in darkness, except for an odd red tint from Tyrone's eyes. A chuckle escapes him as the red tint disappears, leaving the screen completely black.

Tyrone: They say they've heard legends of him, but I'm the only fucking legend that truly matters.

With Love,

The Hollow Ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo