• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Angry Birds

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Couldn't find a thread on this, and I'm in a posting spree mood today.... So here's a new thread to kick it off.

Angry_Birds_promo_cover.png

Angry Birds is the most addicting game since Tetris. You play by using the touchscreen of your phone to slingshot birds into pig enemies that are hiding under construction materials such as wood, glass, rocks, etc. Different birds have different abilities that you can use by tapping the screen as they are flung into the pigs or the walls hiding the pigs. It's a lot of fun and I've found it to be a source of stress relief.

Here's a breakdown on what the various birds can do. (Spoiler tagged, since some don't show up until later into the game)

Red Bird - The basic generic bird. He can't do anything special, but is the only option at first in the game.

Blue Bird - Same as Red Bird but splits into 3 when you tap the screen. He's fun to use.

Yellow Bird - Acts like a torpedo once you tap the screen.

Black Bird - Explodes if you tap the screen, or begins detonating like a bomb if you let him sit long enough after impact. Probably my favorite!

White Bird - Drops an egg directly beneath himself if you tap the screen. Kind of hard to use because sometimes you have to time the egg drop just right.

Green Bird - This one's weird. He acts like a boomerang when you tap the screen and the timing can be very difficult to figure out at first.

Big Red Bird - Just like the regular Red Bird but he's huge and acts like a cannon ball smashing through even the hardest construction materials.

So here come the discussion questions:

1. What are your thoughts on Angry Birds? Do you like this game, why or why not?

2. Which Bird is your favorite? Why?

3. Which is your least favorite? Why?

4. How about the special "Seasons" edition of Angry Birds, any thoughts on that?

I love this game. It's so addicting and so fun. The reason I like it so much is that it's something new and yet so fun. I've never played anything like it before, and I've been gaming for 25 years. I played it for 4 hours straight just last week and spent a good portion of my winter break playing it. My favorite bird is probably the Black Bird because he causes some major damage on the walls if you time his detonations just right. My least favorite is the Green Bird, he's by far the toughest to use and figure out. I also really enjoy the seasons edition, it's fun seeing the levels themed by various holidays. The Christmas one was great.

So, now it's your turn, let's see what the rest of you have to say about this insanely fun and addicting game. Well?

I'm not a fan; plus I guess it's a tad outdated anyways. Tiny Wings has everyone hooked now :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back