Angles That You Would've Booked Differently

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
In my attempt to expand the Book This! section beyond the norm, I'm trying to include more interactive and fun threads to the mix, which don't require any more time than the normal post, or can be expanded into mini BT's themselves. This is my first attempt at such, and I ask you now: are there any angles you would've booked differently?

My first choice would be the Kane/Undertaker feud of last year. I liked the way it was pulled off through Night of Champions. After that pay-per-view. I would have them keep feuding through Hell in a Cell, but without the Paul Bearer return. At HiaC, I would've had the match between the two in the Cell. At some point in a long, epic match including much use of the cell I would have both men, out. And then, reminiscent of Kane's debuts, another wrestler debut. His name: Abel. He would be portrayed by one of three men, that I'd try to get in this order:

1. Brimstone

An independent wrestler in charge of an indy school/company in NYC that has sort of a cult following.

2. Ricky Banderas:

The man who was a champion in WSX and portrayed Judas Mesias in TNA.

3. Abyss:

The TNA wrestler.

The debut would be slightly different than Kane's, though. I'd have the wrestler walk either through the crowd or down the ramp and rip the cell door off, like Kane did upon debut. He would then attack Kane and allow Taker to win. The two confront after the match before Abel attacks Taker. The PPV ends with eerie red, black, and/or purple lights going through the arena as Paul Bearer returns and kneels on stage to Abel. The next Smackdown! features Abel being revealed as the estranged brother of Taker and Kane, who was given away by their parents before the fire. Bearer claims Abel is here for revenge. He goes after Kain later that night as Undertaker is unsure where Abel stands. Abel challenges Kane to an Inferno match at Bragging Rights, which Abel wins by engulfing Kane's body in flames. This leads to a Kane absence. Undertaker defends his title later that night, and wins. After this match the lights go out and when they come back on, Taker is laid out, the urn is laying in a corner on it's side, opened, with smoke pouring out, and a Casket is at ringside. The next week, Abel reveals he was the attacker and challenges Taker to a Casket match at Survivor Series. Teddy Long says he won't allow Abel to compete for the title, as he has not earned it, and Abel says he doesn't want the title, he wants Taker. The match takes place, non-title, and Abel wins. He deadbolts the casket and a hearse rolls into the arena, driven by Paul Bearer. The casket is locked in the hearse and the two drive away. After the final match later that night (probably for the WWE Title) the camera goes static right before the PPV ends. We see an unmarked tombstone at a gravesite, and the grave being covered in dirt with a casket inside. The camera pans to reveal Bearer, Abel, and the hearse, as the PPV ends.

Kane and Undertaker both disappear for awhile to give them time off, and Del Rio, Edge, Ziggler and others take over Smackdown as happened, only with Abel in the mix. The title is held up and Edge wins a tourney for it to continue storylines as they happened in 2011. So that's mine, what are yours?

When Edge vowed to take down all the Evolution members in his return to Raw back in 2004. I would've booked that all the way to Wrestlemania 25 where it would culminate in Edge taking down all of Evolution & becoming World Champion for the first time. It would've been a great comeback that would've been, just a shame Edge got injured and they scrapped the storyline for him to feud with Jericho. But this is how I would've booked it.

RAW: Edge vows to take down Evolution members.

Vengeance 04: Edge wins the IC Title off of Randy Orton. 1 down, 3 more to go.

Summerslam: Edge retains the title against Batista one on one. 2 down, 2 more to go.

Unforgiven: Edge loses the IC title to Ric Flair with help from Batista & Orton.

RAW: Triple H defs. Edge with help from Evolution and as per stip, Edge can't wrestle for the World Championship as long as HHH is champion.

Taboo Tuesday: Edge defs. Ric Flair in a Steel Cage match to win back the IC Title. 3 down, 1 more to go.

RAW: Batista defs. Edge to win the IC Title with help from Flair, Orton & HHH

Survivor Series: Edge, Maven, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho def. Evolution (HHH, Orton, Flair & Batista) for the rights to run Raw in Bischoff's absence.

RAW: On Edge's night to run Raw, since he can't wrestle for the World Title as long as HHH is champ, he books Maven vs. HHH vs. Benoit for the World Title. Maven & Benoit go to a double finish (tap out & pin) at the same time in the Triple Threat match.

RAW: Bischoff returns to run RAW and declares World Title vacant then books Elimination Chamber at New Years Revolution.

New Years Revolution: Triple H def. Edge, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Batista & Randy Orton to win the World Title, last eliminating Edge.

Royal Rumble: Edge wins the Royal Rumble match. Since HHH lost the title after SS, Edge is allowed to wrestle for the championship again even if HHH is champion again.

Wrestlemania 25: Edge def. Triple H to become World Heavyweight Champion. Evolution has been taken down.

Reactions: TSG
It would have been WCW after Sting's title win at Starrcade. I know someone is already booking this but I really think Bischoff really dropped the ball here and allowed WWF to take off and put then out of business.

From Sting's win it should have been the beginning of the end for the nWo. Sting had defeated Hogan and now it was WCW's chance to defeat the nWo once and for all.

With Sting would have been guys like Bret Hart, Luger, Goldberg and DDP (maybe even Ultimate Warrior) and at War Games inside the cage finally end the nWo in a big time blow off match put a great ending to what was a great storyline with Sting as WCW's leader. With the nWo destroyed once and for all, we could have still had the Wolfpack down the track, it just would have been called that, not nWo Wolfpack is all.

Nash, a founding father of the nWo creates his own cool faction, while the rising singles star Big Poppa Pump could have been the leader of the Black and White faction. Much like D-X vs the Nation we could have a great smaller scale stable war while the big names go after Sting as he helps put WCW back on the map as the superior brand.

Maybe he could have lost the belt to Nash or Steiner and then Goldberg could have taken it from one of them and the company could have been put on his shoulders and he could have been the one to keep WCW turning a profit and then when the Time Warner deal went through, WCW was seen as making a profit and wuld have continued...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back