Angle winning all the titles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prax

I used to be a big deal
I just read something interesting in the General Wrestling forum. So Angle won that title off of Lesnar in Japan, and in an Interview with TNA afterwards, eh said the following:

Kurt Angle said:
“The IWGP Championship is the second title to add to my growing collection,” Angle said. On July 15 at Victory Road, I’m going to add a third title – the TNA World Tag Team Championship. Then after Victory Road, there will only be one more title for me to win – and that’s to take the X Championship from that fat slob Samoa Joe!”

Thigot me thinking, wouldn't be interesting if Angle won every title on TNA? It's certainly possible that he and Joe win the tag titles at Victory Road off the Dudleys, and they could certainly feud over each other's titles eventually.

If Angle were to win the X-Division title as well as the tag team titles on top of his World titles in TNA and Japan, would that be a good thing for TNA? One champion across the board for a little while?

It would obviously get people talking, but would it make them look weak?

Personally I might watch an episode of Impact or two if that happened.

from how this looks, they are setting up a title match between Angle and Joe, that will be X-Divsion title vs. TNA worls title, that could be interesting, but personally I don't want to see anybody holding all the titles at once, it just seems boreing to me, if the were to give Angle all the belts then it should be a very short term thing, they should also try and move away from the whole Joe/Angle feud, even though they have great matches together, I think it's just time for them to move away from each other and take on new challenges, like say Angle vs. AJ or something, but that's a dicussion for another thread

No i would hate it.

It would make the shows focus on one thing, Angle. There would be no tag feud/x division feud, it would be a world title feud with extra belts around for good measure. Because realistically Angle would not defend all the titles on one PPV.

I hope the victory road main event is angle/joe vs aj and daniels. would be pretty hot.

No i would hate it.

It would make the shows focus on one thing, Angle. There would be no tag feud/x division feud, it would be a world title feud with extra belts around for good measure. Because realistically Angle would not defend all the titles on one PPV.

I hope the victory road main event is angle/joe vs aj and daniels. would be pretty hot.

I have a feeling that is what it will end up being, I would like to see Daniels get the pin in the match though, whether he gets it on Joe and Becomes X- division champ or pins Angle and becomes world champ either would be great, I see him becoming X-division champ though, that seems to be the most realistic possibility, I think that Joe and Angle will get into it with each other in the match and will lose because of that

Actually I think I would kind of dig it. I don't think it's ever been done with everyone holding all of the titles. Angle certainly has the talent to be able to pull it off.

I know a lot of people wouldn't like the idea of every title on one guy, but it sure would be new, and sure would have people talking. Hell, Angle holding on to two world titles at once right now is pretty damn huge.

I would actually love it as it be something unique and you know people will tune in to see Angle get his ass kicked and hopefully lose the gold. Anyways Angle is a guy that can pull it off anyone remeber KOTR 2001 he had three matches in one night. They could have Angle defend the all the gold in one night as well and that be something.

Anyways just having Angle hold those belts is something for a name value. Plus if this did happen i can only see it lasting a month and then Angle dropping the two of the three gold at the PPV.

I would actually love it as it be something unique and you know people will tune in to see Angle get his ass kicked and hopefully lose the gold. Anyways Angle is a guy that can pull it off anyone remeber KOTR 2001 he had three matches in one night. They could have Angle defend the all the gold in one night as well and that be something.

yeah but that was in 2001, which was six years and alot of injuries ago, I think the years in the buisness have caught up with Angle, and doing three matches in one night probably would be a bad idea, maybe two if one of them is a tag match, then her could sit on the apron for half the match and get some rest, but to carry to other matches and have them actully look decent would be tough for the 38 year old Angle to do

True be that Justin, but I feel with the lighter work schedule that Angle be able to do that one more time. As in TNA he works less and they are just starting to do house shows so he has a break from that. I just think fun and entertaining as if anyone could carry that it be Angle. I think Cage could as well but his character is not as greedy with gold as Angle' seems as Cage would not want the "X title".

Oh I think he could do it, I'm just saying it would be tough to do with the quality of all three matches being good, they could just do two matches, one being for the tag titles and the other having both titles on the line in a two fall triple threat match like WWE did with him at WM16, the first fal would be for the X-divsion title, and the second would be for the TNA world title, to me that would be the best way to handle the situation if TNA were to give all the gold to Angle and have him defend all the titles in one night

Remember though, Angle is wrestling every night like he was in the WWE either. He works 6 days a month most right now. Angle is a wrestling and cardio machine, I'm absolutely positive that Angle could wrestle 3 matches in one night, very easily to.

It would be interesting if angle had all the belts... they could do a pay per view where angle defends every belt in a diffrent match. Like angle vs tna... I don't think it will happen I mean Jarrett has such a big ego that he can only go for so long without having the world title. So maybe angle and joe will feud over it but jarrett will be involved sometime soon

I have to say I'm not too sure about Angle wrestling 3 matches in one night either. 2001 was a long time ago and, if i'm not mistaken, WWE released Angle because they were afraid he was more of a liability than an asset and they were afraid for his health. Regardless if he wrestles a lot less now, having won that title in Japan he still has to travel a fair bit, and to have another three titles, it would certainly take a toll on his body.

Three title matches would need to be three quality matches if it was Angle. One against Joe that would go a long time, one against a tag team that would go a long time, one against Cage or Styles or who ever that would have to go a fair amount of time as well.

It's obviously an interesting concept and he could pull it off if he did the first match of the night, the tag match with a lot of resting periods soon after and the main event for the world title, but it would still be dangerous, even for Angle.

Unless you do an injury angle and have a short final match.

Anyway, it would be interesting and could go a lot of ways but it seems like there's a ton of negative aspects to this as well.

I could see Angle winning all the titles and having a major pay per view where he would defend each title in a different match. His character could get major ego issues and declare that he could easily defend all the titles in 1 night. I think he could handle it if they would just maybe make some gimmick matches for the x division and world title belts. His tag partner would fight most of the tag match and maybe make the other matches three/four ways. How exciting would it be if he lost all three titles without being pinned in any of the matches. His partner could be pinned in the tag match and maybe if the x division match is a three way one of the other competitors is pinned, and the world title match is a four way and once again he is not the one to suffer the pin fall loss. This could make for a lot of excitement and I would def wanna see the Impact the night after Kurt loses 3 belts without being pinned in any of the matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back