Andy Sipowicz' greatest partner?

Chardee Macdennis

Getting Noticed By Management
NYPD Blue was one of my all time favorite series. This show drew me in and is the sole reason I'm willing to give any police drama a chance today. I owe my Criminal Minds, Law and Order (all of them), CSI (original) and NCIS (both of them) fandom to NYPD Blue.

Andy Sipowicz was portrayed by Dennis Franz and was on of my favorite characters ever. He played an old school police detective that struggled with alcoholism and walked a thin line between the old school ways he was brought up with and the new "politically correct" stance the department took at the current time. During the series' run, he had a few partners, some he took a liking to right away, while others needed to grow on him. The purpose of this thread is to ask, which partner of Andy's was your favorite. Below is a list of choices.

John Kelly - David Caruso
Bobby Simone - Jimmy Smits
Danny Sorenson - Rick Shroder
John Clark Jr. - Mark-Paul Gosselaar

John Kelly was his first partner, but only lasted one season due to money issues with the network. Some say it was the biggest mistake of Caruso's career, leaving the show. I was never a huge fan.

Bobby Simone was his second partner and would most likely be the choice for favorite. He is certainly mine. Andy was Bobby's best man at his wedding and there may never be a scene/storyline that pulls at my heartstrings more than that involving Bobby's death. Dennis Franz' reation is priceless.

Danny Sorenson was his third partner and this character had quite a bit of depth to him. Rick Shroder shed the stigma of child actor with this role. He played the role extremely well and I was pleasantly surprised.

John Clark Jr. played by Mark-Paul was interesting as well because of the backstory between Andy and Clark Sr. We all know Mark-Paul as Zach Morris from "Saved by the Bell", but he also did a fantastic job shedding the child actor stero-type. He also added a ton of entertainment for me, to the show.

Who is your pick and why?

I think Bobby Simone (Smits)was my all time favorite. Bobby and Andy just complemented each other so well. When Bobby died, it seemed like a piece of Andy went as well.

My second favorite would be John Clark Jr. (Gosselaar). I am a huge Saved By the Bell fan and it was great to see Mark-Paul all grown up. His character really made a connection with Sipowicz and breathed a life into Andy's character.

I hated Danny Sorenson (Schroder) and was glad when they dug up his decaying corpse that was rolled up in a carpet in the vacant lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back