• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

And lo he created....

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
At the Kyoto Nintendo shareholders meeting on the 29th June, Miyamoto had this to say:

It's about time for a new game character. Perhaps this can be delivered next year.

OK Lee marked the fuck out there, 100%.

He's come up with:
Donkey Kong
Mario
Zelda
WaveRace
Had input on Earthbound
StarFox
Mario Kart
1080 Snowboarding
F-Zero
Smash Bros
Worked heavily on Geist
Doshin the Giant
Pikmin
As well as input on Advance Wars etc etc

Simply put Miyamoto is a genius, every franchise started has been pretty quality to say the least. One can only wonder what is next on the horizon? My only thought could be a true RPG game as Nintendo don't really have one, they have all the other bases covered.

What say you? You excited about the announcement? What can you see it being?

Well with a track record like he has, what Nintendo fan would not be excited by Miyamoto opening up his creative box of tricks again?

Personally, while I would not mind seeing him attempt a true RPG for the Wii in the mould of say Bioware/Lucasarts' KOTOR, I get the feeling that Shigeru will be looking to create a character/story that will truly test the limits of what the Wii and Motion Plus can do now that the competition had finally decided to take the plunge and develop their own version of a "kiddies game."

What that could be? I have very little in the way of ideas. With Legend of Zelda seemingly leaning more towards cell-shading for now and many of his past works more cartoony, perhaps we will see Shigeru go down the realistic route and incorporate the Wii's capabilities.

While I think it very unlikely, I would like to see Miyamoto try his creativity at something along the lines of Eternal Darkness (one of my favourite games ever)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back