• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

An obvious superstar missing from Raw 1,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I watched the 1000th episode of "Raw", and while it was good to see people like the Rock, HBK and the Undertaker make an appearance, there is someone who I was shocked did not appear on the 1000th episode of "Raw".

That person is:- "STONE COLD" STEVE AUSTIN!

This really surprised me. Now, I am not the biggest fan of "Stone Cold", and, while I admire his career achievements, I have been critical of other aspects of his life, I do feel that "Stone Cold" Steve Austin should have been invited to appear at "Raw 1000".

The fact is, the defining event of the history of "Raw" was "Stone Cold" Steve Austin v Mr McMahon. Each week, many tuned in to see who would get the upper hand in their battle that week (mostly SCSA did, but Vince had a rare "victory" over Austin). This feud brought many viewers back to WWE, turned the Monday Night Wars around, and created an era that is still talked about now (and is it ever talked about)- "The Attitude Era".

I venture to say, without "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs Mr McMahon, "Raw" may not have even got to 1000 episodes. Both men were vital cogs int hat feud, and every attempt to replicate it since has failed.

I know that showed footage of their feud, but was surprised that SCSA wasn't there in person.

Maybe Mr McMahon could have presented the footage of his feud with Austin. Then the glass shatters, and "Stone Cold" walks out. He offers McMahon a beer as a peace offering, and as McMahon is about to drink the can, Austin stuns him and has a beer-bash.

Alternatively, he could have been the final Legend that Heath Slater faced. This would allow him to wrestle, but not take bumps and risk his neck.

I can't find any reason for SCSA's non-appearance. Has anyone heard why he may have no-showed? Is it health reasons, had a prior committment etc? It just seemed strange that the figurehead who defined "Raw" more than anyone else was not present for the celebrations.

I watched the 1000th episode of "Raw", and while it was good to see people like the Rock, HBK and the Undertaker make an appearance, there is someone who I was shocked did not appear on the 1000th episode of "Raw".

That person is:- "STONE COLD" STEVE AUSTIN!

This really surprised me. Now, I am not the biggest fan of "Stone Cold", and, while I admire his career achievements, I have been critical of other aspects of his life, I do feel that "Stone Cold" Steve Austin should have been invited to appear at "Raw 1000".

The fact is, the defining event of the history of "Raw" was "Stone Cold" Steve Austin v Mr McMahon. Each week, many tuned in to see who would get the upper hand in their battle that week (mostly SCSA did, but Vince had a rare "victory" over Austin). This feud brought many viewers back to WWE, turned the Monday Night Wars around, and created an era that is still talked about now (and is it ever talked about)- "The Attitude Era".

I venture to say, without "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs Mr McMahon, "Raw" may not have even got to 1000 episodes. Both men were vital cogs int hat feud, and every attempt to replicate it since has failed.

I know that showed footage of their feud, but was surprised that SCSA wasn't there in person.

Maybe Mr McMahon could have presented the footage of his feud with Austin. Then the glass shatters, and "Stone Cold" walks out. He offers McMahon a beer as a peace offering, and as McMahon is about to drink the can, Austin stuns him and has a beer-bash.

Alternatively, he could have been the final Legend that Heath Slater faced. This would allow him to wrestle, but not take bumps and risk his neck.

I can't find any reason for SCSA's non-appearance. Has anyone heard why he may have no-showed? Is it health reasons, had a prior committment etc? It just seemed strange that the figurehead who defined "Raw" more than anyone else was not present for the celebrations.

That was a long post that could have been avoided by reading the main page.

Dude had knee surgery. Didn't want to appear on crutches. He posted on his website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back