• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

American Idol: Do you like it?

Do You like American Idol?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
R

RKO Orton

June 11, 2002. That's the day a phenomena began and ever since has lead to the great singing careers of Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Chris Daughtry, just to name a few. June 11 is the day American Idol began. At first it was just a summer reality show, but eventually became immensly popular. From 2003 on, the ratings of the show has always been in the top 5, with the final show announcing the winner, or American Idol. My question to you is, Do you like American Idol.

I absolutely hate the show to be brutally honest with all of you. Sure, someone unknown gets a "shining moment" but the show to me is terrible. Paula seems too plastic, crappy singers make it (Sanjaya) and the only reason I watch it is to see the crappy singers. After the preliminary rounds I completly turn off from it. So, you've heard my opinion, but do you like American Idol?

I've never watched it. But I love the UK versions of it. Pop Idol, X-Factor and whatever. But only the opening auditions when they have the shit singers involved. Really, why would I want to watch a show with talented singers? That's what my CD collection is for. To listen to songs by people who have talent, because if you have enough of it, you will be discovered.

the main problem i find with shows like american idol, pop idol, big brother and the whole andrew loyd webber crap is that they take away jobs from people who have actually trained in the industry, you got guys that can copy a certain musician and get abused by mr simon cowell so they get an opportunity to live off the buzz from that stupid show, its annoying

That's crap. People who are trained can audition for these shows to. And they do. Not all of them discovered they could sing by belting out tunes in their bedroom. The vast majority of the talent involved will have had some sort of training.

It just an audition process but with cameras involved. It's not taking away work from somebody else. There is enough space in this world for plenty of mediocre musicians.

I've pretty much watched each episode they've ever produced, except for the season Fantasia won, and this season. The talent in both years was not good at all, particularly this year. There's nobody that stands out, and there's nobody who makes me want to tune in to see get voted off. The auditions weren't even that good and painstakingly cringe inducing, like they usually are. One of the major reasons why I watched last year was to see if Sanjaya would get voted off, and he kept chugging along. That's compelling TV.

I've never actually watch it, seen a few episodes here and there, never actually took the time to be a regular of the show. However, the few epis have seen, I enjoy it alot, Simon is just so damn funny, I see alot of myself in him, the bluntness, sarcasm, dude just rocks.

It's a nice idea for the show though, I just feel sorry for those individuals who go up there to audition and clearly CAN'T sing (not saying I can..lol) But really? Listen to yourself first, get other people to listen to you, before you go up there and get embarrassed by Simon and infront of a world wide audience.

Been watching American Idol rewind to try to get a better grasp of the show, and it's cool so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back