Aloha Honalulu??

Mighty NorCal

SHALL WE BEGIN?
Dunno if any of you have heard of this, but the Pro Bowl will no longer be in Hawaii, but will not be held during the off week between the conference championships, and the Super Bowl, at the same site as the Super Bowl.

I see a multitude of issues with this. First thing to enter my mind was "Um...what about all the players who will be playing in the super bowl...they aure as fuck wont be allowed, or even WANT to show up before the biggest game of their lives, to risk injury. Not happening." Next thing, half the reward of even BEING elected to the pro bowl, is the free trip to Hawaii. Now thats gone too. How many guys will even show UP to this fucking thing now?? I also wonder what will be done for the field conditions of the Super Bowl site. Overall, obviously, I find this to be a terrible idea.

What do you guys think??

The Hawaii aspect is the biggest downside in my eyes. As you said that's the only reason worth going for a lot of these guys. However, it's still the all star game and I'm sure a lot will still come. Moving it to the week between the conference title game and the Super Bowl is a good idea I think. I know of no one that cares about the Pro Bowl. The Super Bowl ends football season for me. I think I've watched three series of Pro Bowl football ever. Putting it between the two weeks is probably the best thing they could do as it's just an extra build up to the title game. Not sure I get why they'd move it to the same site though. That makes little sense.

The only thing I agree with out of all of it, is moving it from Hawaii. Yes, a trip to Hawaii is rather enticing, but moving it state-side could help a lot more fans go to the game.

I don't agree with it being at the same site as the Super Bowl. I don't think it would mess with the field conditions, since what they play can hardly be considered football. It should still be held at one site every year, and the perfect site is at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. It's a nationally known stadium, it fits tons of people, and has been known to be a cash cow for past Super Bowls.

The timing of it is horrible. No player that is on a Super Bowl team is going to show up, and one week is far to late to notify replacements to pack their bags and get their families together. It should remain the week after. The best option may be to move it to before the pre-season, or during the middle of the summer, when players have had time off to recover from the season. It would also keep the fans interest in the down time following the draft, and get the fans geared up for the pre-season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back