Alledged Buyrates For Slammiversary X

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Source: The Wrestling Observer

The early data for TNA Slammiversary is in and the show appears to have done around 14,000-15,000 buys.

Last year’s Slammiversary event did around 7,500 buys, and in 2012, TNA has been doing 7,000-10,000 PPV buys per show.

Essentially, if we are to believe these reports, TNA's Slammiversary this year did twice what last year's show did and nearly did twice what the other PPV's this year did. You know, it's kinda funny. To me, the show felt a bit on the "unhyped" side in terms of it being the 10 year milestone it was. The shows main event was put together pretty quickly and practically out of nowhere. But nonetheless, if it did this good, I'm hoping Bound For Glory this year can do even better.

Thanks for the info. If I remember this correctly like a month ago Dave Meltzer said that at 7000 buys TNA lose money on a PPV because of all the costs.

I believe this year made slammiversary their 2nd nest PPV of the year. That is just a guess as BFG isnt til october. Normally Lockdown is 2nd best PPV...I think more people would'be bought this PPV had some people would not have been let down by Lockdown. I know it had 17000 buys so yea I think some people wrote off Slammiversary. We'll see how the build up to BFG this year is. I for one think it can be a whole lot better than last year though that's not even a complaint

I think its a great thing that TNA had that many buys and it can only mean great things for the company. They havent been doing all to horrible here lately and if they can keep this going they can take a step or two in the right direction as to becomming a bigger promotion. I dont want to say they can never be right be side the E in buyrates and ratings but for now lets say its not possible but if they can contiune to grow like this one big show at a time and get their name out there and have good shows weekly then big ppv's its gonna be a big thing for them.

This is really good to hear. I thought that the build-up and the show itself looked really good and I clearly wasn't the only one -- TNA did really well. Not only did they double last year's buyrates, but they blew the average buyrates out of the water -- that can only mean that interest in the product is increasing, which means nothing but good things for TNA. Hopefully, TNA can keep sustaining great buyrates like this, but I won't get my hopes up. With Destination X coming up, I don't think they can put up a show that had the potential to be as good as Slammiversary, but I'm sure buyrates will be slightly higher than the usual.

Man, I can only imagine the buyrates for Bound for Glory, especially if we get the eventual Robert Roode vs James Storm match-up that people are salivating for -- not only that, but TNA always fills out the BFG card and makes it worth buying, so I wouldn't be surprised if BFG ended up breaking records for TNA. This wave of momentum is something TNA needs to capitalize on -- I can only hope it translates to higher TV ratings, as well. If it does, then TNA will be in the best position they've ever been in and will really be able to solidify themselves as the real deal. I'm very excited for the future of TNA, with these kinds of buyrates (if true).

I hope that this report is true, as I do wish TNA well. However, I have to be skeptical. Doubling a buyrate is huge, no matter what that number is. Do I doubt TNA got a big number for this show? No, not at all. They had a couple good things doing that built up intrigue for the show. I just don't believe that those efforts were enough to double the number of people that ordered the show.

This is really good for tna. At least they are making a profit. Now maybe if they could get all the pay per view at about this range then that would be great. Hopefully next year they can draw 30,000.

This is god awful and Vince suppose to be threaten ??

Where in the blue hell did you get the idea that Vince is supposed to be threatened? The wrestling world does not revolve around that man and his opinion of whats cool.

Tna are a company trying to (and seemingly effectively) achieve popularity for their product, not for the purpose of competing with the WWE but because they feel (correctly) that they have something to offer that is worth as much as they feel it is.

Back on topic.... Glad to see TNA do so well, doubling your fan base in a year is a pretty impressive deal and i can only hope they continue to do so as the product has been steadily become more and more entertaining. Great build, didnt get to catch the show myself but only heard good things about it, and very glad to see people will follow the quality, as i am going to do ater a frankly lackluster PPV from the WWE (I thik the guy is great, but Ryback should not be one of the top three matches of the night that costs $50 to watch.) Onward march!!

If the reports are true then I am happy for TNA. Would be cool to see if they can get all their ppvs around that number. I am really enjoying their product right now, and I hope the improvements keep coming and their numbers keep going up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back