• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All-Women Network Show

Funkydr79

Occasional Pre-Show
I've been thinking of this for a while and just wanted to throw it out (though it's probably been thrown out a million time before). I wonder how an all female hour-long wrestling show would do on the Network. Get rid of Superstars or Main Event and use that time to film a women's division that combines NXT and main roster talent. Get rid of the "Diva's" name and just call it the women's championship. I think there is such momentum behind it that this could be a better use of network time than superstars or main event. Or you could just add one more dark match to TV tapings for this. There's certainly enough talent.

Not entirely sure how a weekly women's show would hold up but I think running a few female exclusive special would be a good idea. They could measure possible interest levels. I'm a big fan of a Queen of Ring special.

The WWE really should buy up the video libraries of AJWP, GAEA, JWP, LLPW, GLOW and WOW and make an all female show that features random matches from those companies.

Making a show that broadcasts all new content every week would probably strain the poor writers' heads beyond their creative limits. If they want the fans to appreciate the female talent more, show them classics from the past that proved that some women can hang in the ring better than most men.

It's something that could happen at some point, though I think what would happen first, if at all, as has been mentioned, some sort of network specials, a series of them over time, as a means of gauging long term interest in a weekly show. WWE is dong the Global Cruiserweight Series tournament this summer in what many feel is a means of gauging fan interest long term in a potential revival of the Cruiserweight Division in some way, shape or form. WWE could go a similar route with an all female tournament and sort of go from there. I don't see WWE getting rid of Superstars or Main Event as it's really the only way some WWE wrestlers see any real degree of "TV" time.

When it's all said & done, however, I think there's a better shot of NXT getting another show or its current show increasing to 2 hours before any sort of all female show even sees the light of day since NXT is a hit and a major contributing factor to the success the network has had thus far.

I think they'd be better off making a run of "Best of Divas" series with the amount of archival stuff they've got they could keep us entertained for a bit. As far as producing new content on a weekly or even a monthly basis I don't think they could pull it off very longer

Would be a good idea. There's always so many women wrestlers just doing NOTHING for months at a time, because there's only room on the card for 1 or possibly 2 angles. It becomes almost impossible for most of them to maintain any kind of momentum or to have any kind of character development.

I had an idea of having a 2 hour Divas show called Total Divas on the WWE Network and / or E! First hour reality show, second hour Wrestling Entertainment show. I think it could work out really well. They could even mix both elements of the show within the 2 hours.

WWE has enough women who can wrestle to give them a 1-hour show of their own, but they need that one huge mega-star to drive the show. If they had someone as over as Trish Stratus or Lita, I'd say go for it.

I don't really care for new content, the current product sucks.

I would prefer they just buy more video libraries from classic promotions and upload all the classic episodes of shows they have yet to upload.

Noticed they don't have ECWs non PPV special shows uploaded.

From a Business stand point, it makes very little sense IMO, not enough people care about Divas wrestling in general for an all Diva show.

And out of the combined female rosters of NXT and the main roster, there's a handfu ofl women if that who are both good at wrestling and attractive to look at, namely Paige, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, and well that's it really, if Charlotte wasn't Ric Flair's Daughter she'd be a nobody, she's not attractive, has no mic skills, and does 3 moves.

I've been thinking of this for a while and just wanted to throw it out (though it's probably been thrown out a million time before). I wonder how an all female hour-long wrestling show would do on the Network. Get rid of Superstars or Main Event and use that time to film a women's division that combines NXT and main roster talent. Get rid of the "Diva's" name and just call it the women's championship. I think there is such momentum behind it that this could be a better use of network time than superstars or main event. Or you could just add one more dark match to TV tapings for this. There's certainly enough talent.
Recently I had a similar idea about it.

About your Idea- I also want WWE to get rid of "Divas" and rename it as Women Division as it deserves it. But this will surely be ruined by the creative as they can't handle even routine matches including Divas, Thanks Vince. And doing it weekly would really be repetitive enough.

My Idea- Organise a network special consisting of women only. But it should be done annually like Wrestlemania is done. It should include everyone be it main roster or NxT. Already said about the title. It can be even better if done on March 8 every year as it is Women's Day so that Stephanie can boast more. Imagine if it happened this year, we could have interesting matchups including Sasha, Bayley, Becky, Charlotte, Paige, Asuka, Nia Jaxx, Emma and Natalya. No need for Total Divas too. and it should be mostly be based on wrestling itself.

she's not attractive, has no mic skills, and does 3 moves.
Can't argue about looks as everybody possess different opinions on looks. She does have mic-skills though. I really don't like her but even as a critic of her, I can see the improvement in her mic-skills. Not to mention that not even 3 years have passed since she debuted. And then you boasted about her doing only 3 moves thus making me count her moves. :shrug:

1. Somersault cutter
2. Bridging figure-four leglock
3. Backpack stunner

NAH, they aren't over yet!

4. Big boot
5. Split-legged evasion transitioned into a bridging inverted roll-up
6. Figure-four headscissors, sometimes transitioned into multiple push-up facebusters
7. Kneeling hangman's neckbreaker
8. Knife edge chop, with theatrics
9. Running jumping knee drop
10. Moonsault
11. Sitout wheelbarrow facebuster
12. Somersault senton
13. Spear
14. Swinging neckbreaker

So please next time be correct with facts.

Recently I had a similar idea about it.

About your Idea- I also want WWE to get rid of "Divas" and rename it as Women Division as it deserves it. But this will surely be ruined by the creative as they can't handle even routine matches including Divas, Thanks Vince. And doing it weekly would really be repetitive enough.

My Idea- Organise a network special consisting of women only. But it should be done annually like Wrestlemania is done. It should include everyone be it main roster or NxT. Already said about the title. It can be even better if done on March 8 every year as it is Women's Day so that Stephanie can boast more. Imagine if it happened this year, we could have interesting matchups including Sasha, Bayley, Becky, Charlotte, Paige, Asuka, Nia Jaxx, Emma and Natalya. No need for Total Divas too. and it should be mostly be based on wrestling itself.

Can't argue about looks as everybody possess different opinions on looks. She does have mic-skills though. I really don't like her but even as a critic of her, I can see the improvement in her mic-skills. Not to mention that not even 3 years have passed since she debuted. And then you boasted about her doing only 3 moves thus making me count her moves. :shrug:

1. Somersault cutter
2. Bridging figure-four leglock
3. Backpack stunner

NAH, they aren't over yet!

4. Big boot
5. Split-legged evasion transitioned into a bridging inverted roll-up
6. Figure-four headscissors, sometimes transitioned into multiple push-up facebusters
7. Kneeling hangman's neckbreaker
8. Knife edge chop, with theatrics
9. Running jumping knee drop
10. Moonsault
11. Sitout wheelbarrow facebuster
12. Somersault senton
13. Spear
14. Swinging neckbreaker

So please next time be correct with facts.

Thank you for checking her Wikipedia page for moves list :D

Sorry but I just can't take anyone who has Pokemon as an Avatar seriously, what are you 14?!

Thank you for checking her Wikipedia page for moves list :D
You are welcome.
Sorry but I just can't take anyone who has Pokemon as an Avatar seriously, what are you 14?!
Nah, You needn't take me seriously. You can assume me having any age you want. But age doesn't guarantee that you will surely be right. You have blamed multiple wrestlers for doing 2 or 3 moves and everytime it is far beyond the reality. Don't take me seriously but atleast take the facts seriously. Its ok to be Anti-IWC but you are behaving as an Anti-Facts!

But they have Total Divas!

Nah, seriously, I think they should try something like an All-Women show, if only as an experiment. Hell, they can just do one and see how well it sells. If it's a flop, then people just don't care about womens' wrestling and only see it as a momentary diversion. I often wonder why keep around the likes of Summer Rae or Rosa Mendes if they don't even use them. Yeah, they're pretty f@cking bad in the ring, but they won't get better when their only contribution is Total Divas.

It's worth a try. I'd try a 30 minute show at first just to see how the audience takes it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back