All-Star Sunday LD

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
First it's the NHL All-Star game game this afternoon

nhl-betting-all-star-game-2011.jpg

Then later tonight we have the one football game that nobody gives a shit about, the Pro-Bowl

NFL-2011-Pro-Bowl-Roster.jpg

Personally I'm looking forward to the NHL All-Star, it's always a fun high scoring game, and a nice way to get better familiar with some great players that I may not know much about, don't know if I'm even going to waste my time with the Pro-Bowl

anybody planning on watching either one?

165777_163277433719830_121195131261394_298153_4502334_n.jpg

The last time I'll get to watch my man Drew Brees play for 8 whole months. :(

I'll only be tuning in while he has the ball, though. I've always found the Pro Bowl to be terribly boring. Think I'll end up mostly watching the SAG Awards tonight, lol.

Does anyone really watch the Pro Bowl?

I just turned on the NHL All Star game. I'm pretty excited. I think the way they picked the teams this year is ridiculous, but it's kind of interesting.

Wow, Staal should have scored there. Way to start things off for your team Staal.

Annnnnd neve rmind, they scored anyway. Less than a minute in.

I think the way they picked the teams this year is ridiculous, but it's kind of interesting.

Really?? You might be the first person I heard not like this idea. The way they did this is awesome!! So much better than traditional Eastern vs. Western or N. America vs. World.

I'm watching the Pro Bowl this year seeing how there's more Falcons in it than there has ever been. Although it will pain me greatly that it's not the Super Bowl. I'm a sucker for punishment I guess.

Really?? You might be the first person I heard not like this idea. The way they did this is awesome!! So much better than traditional Eastern vs. Western or N. America vs. World.

It's not that I don't like it, I do think it's pretty cool. It's like a fantasy draft and that's a really smart move by the NHL, tapping into the popularity of fantasy sports and fantasy drafts in games like Madden and the NHL series.

I just think it's sort of weird. There's no rhyme or reason to who is playing on which team. Two guys on the same team could be playing against each other, and that just doesn't sit right with me, you know?

I guess I can see where your're coming from, but for the reason of the same two guys playing on the same team that can now be playing against each other, is what makes it sweet, like the Sedin bros.

Baseball is the only sport where the All-star game means something, so why not change it up in other sports.

I don't think the All-Star game should ever mean anything, it's just supposed to be fun, which is why I really don't mind this new format so much. It's fun, it's just a little strange to me.

This makes me very happy, I am not a big fan of Cam Ward. The year the Hurricanes won the cup people were making all sorts of comparisons between him and Marty Brodeur. He had a good run in the playoffs, and now he's the second coming of the best goalie ever? Fuck that. I know it's not his fault people were comparing him to Marty, but it still pissed me off.

So I just missed pretty much the entire 1st period cause my GF just had to have DQ...$20 later I'm back
yeah, I missed the whole 1st period (save the final 90 seconds) because of fucking Laundry.

The new format is amazing, but it could potentially cause rooting interest difficulties, if your teammates get split up. Thankfully that didn't happen for the game, so GO TEAM STALL!

Love the new All-Star format. Carolina has been great this weekend as the host city which is great to see.

Team Lidstrom just got back to within one. Let's hope they can finally get a lead in this thing.

LOL The Guardian Project

Supposedly they approached the NFL with that first, but the NFL wanted to base the superheros off actual players, after that Marvel starting backing out, and when the NFL said they wanted Vick to portray the Eagles superhero that was the straw that finally broke the camels back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back