• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All or Nothing: Blade vs. Diabolos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurt him… Crush him… Destroy him…

Shut up!

Show them all what you can do.

Stop it.

A loud banging… I can hear it… But it rings through my ears, vibrating my skull.

Everyone thinks you’re a joke.

No!

I hear the banging again. Where is it coming from!?

Prove them wrong.

Shut the hell up!!

Hurt him… Crush him… End him.

The banging wakes me up. It takes a second for the scales to fall from my eyes, and suddenly everything snaps into focus. I sit up on the couch and look around. I’m alone, but for the half emptied whiskey bottle on the ground beside me.

I hear the banging again, and I realise that it’s the door. With an irritated groan I get up and cross the room. I open the door and, of course, Becky in standing on the other side. Who else?

“Good evening,” she smiles, raising the microphone, “Got time?”

“Fine.” I grunt. I walk back inside and slump down into the couch.

“Are you ever in a good mood anymore?” Becky mutters, taking a seat across from me.

“Let’s get this over with.”

“Fine, be that way. At All or Nothing, you’ve got Diabolos one more time in the ring. Falls Count Anywhere. You guys have quite the history together. First, he got your friend Grizzly Bob kicked out of WZCW, and you decided to take revenge of him. But there seems to be more to it than that…” she finishes thoughtfully.

“What are you talking about?”

“Have you seen the videos of when you attack to battle Diabolos?”

“No…”

“Maybe you should. When you were standing over him a few weeks ago at Meltdown… That look in your eyes, you were enjoying hurting him. You were relishing it.”

“I was just happy that justice had been served!” I snap back.

“That’s what you call justice? Leaving him beaten and bloodied?” she asks, remaining calm as I grow more and more angry.

“An eye for an eye.”

“Leaves the whole world blind.”

I shake my head and pull out a cigarette. I light it up and take a deep drag. “Look, Diabolos isn’t just the guy who retired Grizzly Bob. He’s a psychopath. He’s a danger to everyone around here. Talent, management, even the crowd aren’t safe. I take it upon myself to rid this company of evils like that.”

“How noble of you…” she mumbles.

“Becky, if you have something to say, why don’t you just say it?”

“Blade, every time you’re doing damage to Diabolos, you’re enjoying it. Just like when you were going at it with Triple X, you were…” she trails off.

“Am I not allowed enjoy what I do for a living?”

“You can just wrestling all you want. But now, you enjoy doing damage. That’s not you.”

“What’s wrong? Worried I’ll revert back to my old ways? Ending careers, snapping bones?”

“While I’m not trying to justify your past behaviour, that was different. Yeah, you were a jerk. You ended how many careers? Two or three? But at least then, you were doing it for a reason. It was to get to the EurAsian title. To keep the title. To try and get yourself close to a World Title shot. Why are you doing it now?” she finishes, her voice firm and authoritative. She’s not taking any shit today.

“I don’t know!”

“Yes, you do!”

“I’m taking down Diabolos for Grizzly Bob! I’m avenging my friend, do you understand me?”

Becky sighs. “Blade, I talked to Bob yesterday.”

My stomach twists in a knot. I know where she’s going with this. She knows. But I’m trying to play it cool. “So?” I utter. Barely.

“I know you haven’t talked to him or seen him in months.” I take a drag, unable to respond. I can’t even look at her, but I can feel her eyes burning a hole in my skull. "You're not doing it for Bob. You don't care about Bob anymore. You can drop the lies."

The anger comes to the surface in a white hot flash. I get to my feet. “What do you want me to say, Becky? That I might be becoming a goddamn psychopath? That I might be enjoying it, just like Diabolos or Zeus?” I’m breathing hard. It’s not the anger that I’m struggling with. It’s the realisation setting in. It’s the truth. “Yes… Every time I was able to cause damage to Triple X, I enjoyed it. And I’ve enjoyed hurting Diabolos. No, I don’t care about Bob anymore. I don’t care about ridding WZCW of the evils. I just want to hurt him.” Part of me feels liberated to say these words out loud. But another part of me, the majority of me, is terrified.

I begin pacing around the room. “Diabolos has caused so much damage since he came here. And that’s the reason I want to hurt him. Knowing that I’m hurting someone who has hurt so many others is what I enjoy. I mean, that doesn’t make me a bad person does it?”

Becky doesn’t respond. She’s looking at the ground.

“I will go into All or Nothing, with the sole purpose of trying to hurt Diabolos. It could go all over the arena. All over the city, for all I care. I’m going to hurt him and destroy him. Because he deserves it. And I know that doesn’t make me a bad person. Maybe I’m denial, but clinging to that one idea is what stops me from going over the edge.”

Becky sigh, still looking at her feet. “You say it doesn’t make you a bad person.”

“Tell me what you think!” I urge her.

“I think you’re trying to convince yourself more than anyone,” she concludes.

“Really? You’re going to hit me with that bullshit cliché, that I’m trying to convince myself of something through you?” I laugh angrily.

“Look around, Blade. You’re trying to convince yourself.”

“What the hell are you talking about!?”

She looks up, staring me dead in the eye. “Blade… Look around.”

I look around.

I’m alone in the room. The chair is empty. I sink down into the couch, my face in my hands. What’s happening to me?

Becky Serra walks into a McDonald's. She stops in front of the register to peruse the extensive menu before him. A pimple faced teenager is waiting for her at the counter. Becky rubs her chin, a loud bang comes from outside and Serra spins around to see what the commotion is. She shrugs and looks back at the menu, a small, young Japanese woman is now at the counter staring at her, staring deep into the pit of her soul.

Becky: O.K. I'm ready.

She approaches the counter and taps her hands on it.

Becky: I'll take a number three, medium, and an Oreo McFlurry, please. To go as well.

The woman's eyes squint at her, then continue their deep, dark stare.

Becky: Um...hello? I said I'll take

Japanese Woman: You'll take nothing but pain!

A large skeleton grabs Becky in a sleeper hold, the woman jumps over the counter and throws a brown bag over her head. They drag her out of the five star restaurant, as they do a white van pulls up. They throw her in, then jump in themselves.

Becky: Where are you taking me?!

Becky is sitting in the back of the empty van, the large skeleton sits in the passenger side and a smaller one is driving. The woman crawls over to Becky, rubs her hand over her head, tickles her chin with her finger then grabs her throat.

Japanese Woman: To the Mouth of Madness.

She pulls a cloth from her pocket and sticks over her face through the bag, she instantly falls over and is unconscious. The driver puts on the radio and the woman sits cross-legged next to Becky and pulls out a DS as the scene fades.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Becky is lying a on a concrete floor in a dark abandoned building. The walls are crumbling and water is dripping from the ceiling. Out of nowhere, Becky jumps awake.

Becky: Where am I?!

Three skeletons walk over to her, two stand on Becky's left and right, the other directly in front of her. They pull the bag off of her head. She looks around at their skeleton faces, a look of terror pours down her face.

Becky: No...not you guys. Not him, please, no.

???: Ohhhh yes, Becky.

Diabolos walks over to them, holding a McDonald's bag and eating french fries from it. She stops in front of her, then shoves a handful in his mouth.

Diabolos still chewing: It is inbeef I the greaufg and powergrrngbt Diarjlfhos!

Becky: I can't understand what you're saying, there's all those french fries in your mouth.

Diabolos keeps chewing, swallows and smiles, french fries stuck in his teeth.

Diabolos: It is indeed I; the great and powerful Diabolos.

He crumples the bag and tosses it behind him. He looks at his hands and sees them covered in salt, he walks over to her and wipes it off in her beautiful hair. Pure disgust is the only way to describe the look she gives him whilst he does it. He licks his fingers slowly, one by one.

Becky: Why did you kidnap me?!

Diabolos: You must be wondering why I kidnapped you.

Becky: I...just said that.

Diabolos: Well...you always decline my requests for interviews with you. Every week I request you but you always say no. Why is that? Is it because of your friendship with that loser Blade? Or is it because you fear the devious one?

Becky looks away.

Diabolos: ANSWER ME!

He grabs her by her face, squeezes then lets her go.

Becky: Because you're a freak, because you're dangerous, and because of what is happening now. I knew interviewing you would only lead to something bad for me, something about you has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Diabolos laughs maniacally.

Diabolos: That's it? I would never hurt you, you know that.

Becky: You just hurt me now.

Diabolos: I apologize, I sometimes forget how little pain you weak mortals can withstand. To think that what has happened to you tonight hurt you, really makes me lose respect for you Becky. I thought you were different, I thought you were a bold and strong woman who can take everything a man throws at her.

Diabolos throws up his hands.

Diabolos: Well, it does make sense, because I am not a man.

Everyone in the room stares down at his crotch and shake their heads.

Diabolos: Not like that you imbeciles! I was a man once, then I devoured the soul of the man from the woods with his little doggy. I crushed his body, like I crushed his career and I gained the essence of the bear. I drove poor Izzy Stone's neck into the canvas after she was viciously beaten and then I absorbed her fighting spirit. Last week I delivered the Old Man's Cradle to the greatest icon WZCW has ever seen, the man the speak legends of, I destroyed the almighty Titus! His will and strength now flow through me and I am closer to getting to the top of the mountain and becoming a god.

He crawls over to her and sits right next to her. He throws his arm around her and pulls her close.

Diabolos: Have you ever been in the presence of a god, my dear? I don't think you have, you hang around that Blade so you barely feel the presence of a man. Can you feel my aura? Do you hear the voices of the Old Ones and my ancestors coming out of my ears?

He sticks his hears up to hers.

Diabolos: Do you hear the wondrous songs and ballads they sing for me? Do you think Blade hears these glorious things? Do you think the ones who created us and the ones who drive us and the ones who will inevitably destroy...all of you...do you think they have songs about Blade?

Becky shrugs and pulls her head away.

Diabolos: They have one for him Becky, just one. Would you like to know the story of how I first heard it?

Becky nods yes. Diabolos waves for his cohorts to sit next to him. They sit in a circle.

Diabolos: It was a cold morning and I was sitting on the beach, watching the the ocean and waiting for the sunrise to come up. The gulls were out early to get their morning feast, they searched over the waves to catch a fish off guard. A large one swooped into the water and snatched something up, it flew out of the water high in the sky but I couldn't quite see what it had caught, the sun was being a bit lazy and still taking it's time going up, you see. All I saw was a black mass under the gull, suddenly the gull was coming towards me, I thought for sure it was going to hit me, but it fell right at my feet.

Wrapped around it was a pitch black octopus. It's tentacles were the deepest, darkest shade of black my eyes had ever seen. It was as if you were looking into an empty abyss. The tentacles of the octopus squeezed the gull tighter and tighter then instantly shoved the gull into it's body. The belly of the sea creature rumbled and curdled, at one point I swore I heard what sounded like a blender. Then the octopus spread it's tentacles out wide and opened it's mouth to me, it spewed a blackish blood at me for what felt like an eternity.

At first I covered my eyes and attempted to block it with my arms, but something in the pit of my heart told me not to fear what is happening but to embrace it. So I put my arms down, opened my eyes and spread my mouth wide. The thick, sticky liquid covered my body, stained my eyes and glided so gently down my throat. The whole time I heard a magnanimous tune coming from the octopus.

When it finally stopped my skeleton suit was a dripping, dark red. I picked up the octopus, walked over to the water, kissed it on the head and thanked it for the blessing before putting him back in the water.

The red and orange rising sun was covered by dark gray storm clouds. Thunder could be heard over the horizon and lighting was striking over the water. The rain poured down heavily and washed the blood away.

Diabolos squeezes Becky tight and looks around at his henchmen.

Diabolos: Do you know the meaning of what transpired, my friends?

His minions shake their heads and Becky stares at him in disgust.

Diabolos: Blade comes off as a strong, man doing his best and thinking he's better than everyone else around him. He preys on the weak and thinks that makes him the bees knees. But like the gull, he is overconfident and stupid. He attacks something he knows nothing about, something that he should fear. He viciously attacked me weeks ago without provocation and attempted to rip my mask off. He thinks he can beat me, he thinks he can hurt me, he thinks me he can even kill me.

When he finally gets close to me in a true fight, I will choke and beat the life out of him, he'll struggle and fight as hard as he can but he knows not what he is facing. He is a man attempting to hurt a god and I will smite him with a spinning, fiery right hand and serve him to the Old One's in a spine crushing cradle. His blood will stain the canvas, the concrete floors, and my body. At the end of the battle the Old Ones will be proud and the fans and everyone in WZCW will see just how great and dangerous the devious Diabolos actually is.

Diabolos nods his head and laughs softly. He puts his finger up.

Diabolos: Before we free you, I had almost forgotten to tell you the song the octopus sang for me that the Old Ones wrote for me. As the blood was covering me I heard two words sung over and over again from the most beautiful voice you could imagine. It went...

Diabolos puts his mouth to Becky's ears

Diabolos: ...Fuck Blade, Fuuuuuuuck Blaaaaaaade, Fuuuuuuuuuck Blaaaaaaaade.

Diabolos and his men laugh hysterically as they get up. They sing the song together as they walk away from the building and out of the building. Becky sighs and puts her face in her hands as the scene fades to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back