All hail the The Tongan King: Haku

Discussion in 'Campaigning Headquarters' started by spinningtorturerack, Feb 17, 2011.

1. spinningtorturerack

spinningtorturerack halfnelsonfullnelsonwilli enelson

[​IMG]

Oh yes ladies and gentlemen, the Tongan warrior is here!

We need you to back this man up, he may not look so big, but he is well renowned for his ferocious demeanour, his tongan death grip and his brutal fights backstage with other wrestlers (Non-kayfabe).

Just have a look at this maniac's resume:

Lutte Internationale (Montreal)

Canadian International Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    Canadian International Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Richard Charland

NWA Hawaii
    NWA Hawaii Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[8][9]
    NWA Mid-America
    NWA Six-Man Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Ken Lucas and George

Gulas[10][11]

Super World of Sports
    SWS Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Yoshiaki Yatsu[12]

World Championship Wrestling
    WCW Hardcore Championship (1 time)[13][14]

World League Wrestling
    WLW Heavyweight Championship (3 times)[15][16]

World Wrestling Council
    WWC North American Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Gran Apolo
    WWC Puerto Rico Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
    WWC World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Hercules Ayala

World Wrestling Federation
    WWF Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with André the Giant

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    PWI ranked him #330 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003

On top of all that, check this description of him out:

Fifita made a name for himself outside the ring as the toughest wrestler of his era and is known for allegedly biting off noses, and knocking people out with one punch, slap, or headbutt. Though he had an easygoing, friendly personality outside of wrestling, he had very little tolerance for people who tested him. Even renowned hardman Bad News Brown said in interviews that Fifita was without a doubt the most vigorous. Bill Goldberg has also called him the toughest man he's been in the ring with. His one time manager, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan said in a shoot interview that Haku was "the toughest man I've ever met in my life." In 1987, Haku had a backstage fight with Jesse Barr (who wrestled at the WWF as Jimmy Jack Funk) which allegedly resulted in Fifita gouging one of Barr's eyeballs out, causing Barr to later wear a glass eye. After this fight, Fifita had a reputation that steered wrestlers away from backstage confrontations.

If these are not enough evidence of a man who may not have always been recognised by the big leagues as a top man, then I don't know what is. We have to rally behind and support the former king of the ring, Haku/Meng/Tonga!

jmt225 likes this.
  2. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Hooray for Wikipedia!

3. spinningtorturerack

spinningtorturerack halfnelsonfullnelsonwilli enelson

I know, where would I be without it?

This dude was always immense in the ring, also wrestled for a long time, being a main heel for hogan, whilst managed by Heenan in Heenan's family, to all the way to 2001, making a surprise return in the 01 rumble and tagging with Rikishi. All the way through his career he has remained a vicious fighter, scrapping tooth and nail, often with men twice his size! This is everything X-pac dreamed of being, fighting large men, except Haku could do it with style and a bit more believability.

Support the islander, all hail the real king!

4. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

1 post less probably.

5. Big Nick Dudley

Love me some Fifita/Haku/King Haku/Meng..whatever.

6. 6timehitta

6timehitta Big Papa Panty Droppa

TBH I can't see him going very far. Great wrestler, great talent, but simply not a big enough name.

7. TheOneBigWill

TheOneBigWill [This Space for Rent]

All I'm seeing is a red 'x'. Which is ironic, considering he'll likely scratch out before the 2nd-3rd round.

He was never anything more than a mid-card monster against no-names on Saturday night fluff shows. He had a couple decent moments against Chris Benoit, and a handful of other two week runs here and there.. but no.. Still, I did enjoy his feud (mini, albeit) with Barbarian and Wraith.

8. Rayne

Rayne Sally Section

Why Haku Should Win the 5th Annual WZ Tournament
    In Three Short Reasons

A lot of people look at Meng/Haku and go "but why would I vote for him over someone like a Steve Austin or a Bret Hart?" Sure; there are plenty of performers in this tournament who were more popular, better talkers, or more graceful wrestlers, but that's not everything. In this brief essay, I will give three solid, indisputable reasons of why you should vote for Meng/Haku in the 5th Annual Wrestlezone Tournament, citing examples from his career.

One: If you piss him off, Meng will fucking kill you

If you don't vote for Meng, he may come to your house and fucking kill you. This is not a man to be trifled with. This is a man who once, upon being told that he was working too stiff in a match, grabbed a man by the throat and held him off of the ground in the locker room until the other wrestlers could find someone that wasn't afraid to get involved. In a bar fight, he once bit a man's nose off. The man's transgression? He mocked professional wrestling as a "fake sport". Meng was pissed before his Pumas got smudged.

Two: If you piss him off, Meng will kill your fucking friends

Another six men were wounded in the aforementioned bar fight before they fled, after they, very foolishly, attempted to assist their friend. If you don't vote for Meng, he will be very upset and will find your friends and fucking kill them.

Three: If you piss him off, Meng will kill *his* fucking friends

Many of you may have heard of the Jesse Barr incident. For those of you who haven't, Jesse Barr was in Puerto Rico with Meng and other wrestlers, and they come across a construction worker working in a ditch. Barr walks over and kicks dirt in the construction worker's face; Meng says, "you shouldn't have done that." Jesse Barr says, in words he has certainly regretted every day of his life since, "what are you going to do about it?" One punch, a takedown, and a couple of surgeries later, and Jesse Barr walks around today with a glass eye.

What many people haven't heard is Meng's explanation of the incident.

"It happened. But it's sad because I've always considered the boys as my family. They are my family. When things like that happen to me, it's very sad. We should control it but we're still human beings too."

If you don't vote for him, Meng will fucking kill his own friends. That's someone to be terrified of.

But don't take my word for it!

Here are some quotes from other wrestlers in this tournament about their opinions on Meng:

“If I had a gun and I was sitting in a tank and I had one shell left and Haku was 100 yards away? He’s mine, right? Well, the first thing I’m going to do is jump out of the tank and shoot myself—because I don’t want to wound that son of a bitch and piss him off.” -Jake Roberts

“I was in LA one time with him and he fought eight cops, they shot him with mace and he closed his eyes and sucked it in. He just opened his mouth and took a deep breath. I mean, some of the stuff he did was like “What the hell”. Scotty and I always thought we were tough guys but that was before we met Meng." -Rick Steiner

“Some of the guys got into a fight and Meng got involved. He was just trying to help and in the process of trying to help, he gets maced by 4 cops and handcuffed. Now they handcuffed him behind his back and then he said “Is this it?” and he broke the handcuffs. He snapped them.” -Ted DiBiase (the talented one)

The choice is clear. Sure, there are better performers in this tournament, but none of them will come to your house and fucking kill you. Vote Meng/Haku- don't make him mad.

9. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

Tougher than the Steiners? He has my vote.

10. Thom

Thom Hello there!

Got my vote too.