"All Hail, King Sheamus" Keep It All In Here

Disturbed

Championship Contender
Sheamus just won the King of the Ring. He is the 19th winner of the tournament. WIll this help him get back into the Main event? WIll he keep the king gimmick?

I think it will re-establish him as a main eventer and put him back in the title hunt just like King Booker in 2006. I imagine he will continue running with the king gimmick for quite sometime.

Discuss.

absolutely stupid. no reason to give it to him. he's already established as a main eventer. WWE dropped the ball BIG time on this one

I don't think it was the right move. I love Sheamus. But who could've needed the win more? Maybe John Morrsion or Alberto Del Rio. Sheamus in no way needed it. He's already a two-time WWE Champion. Last time I remember, most of the guys who won, weren't as established as Sheamus currently is. Sheamus is a main eventer. John Morrsion was on a huge roll then it stopped. It seem as if he was getting the push of a life time. Alberto Del Rio could've and would've been a perfect and more right candidate to win this. But, Sheamus won, congrats to him. Don't understand what this will do, but congrats.

My personal thoughts are that they've strictly used this tournament just to set up the return of Triple H to go against Sheamus. Why they've gone this route, I don't understand.

There was already a basis for Triple H and Sheamus to feud, so throwing in the King of the Ring as if to add an extra element wasn't necessary. The King of the Ring format could have been used to establish someone else who hasn't held a world title.

I'm hoping Sheamus winning has deeper meaning that will develop in the coming weeks, otherwise..I am convinced the WWE no longer knows what they hell they are doing. Perfect opportunity to take Morrison or one of the others to a slightly higher level..but give it to someone that's already been WWE Champ?!!! Him winning the KOTR just cheapened the WWE Championship than it's already been.

AND WHAT IS UP with those KOTR props? Either it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek or they REALLY need to stay away from the Halloween discount shelf at Target. Just sad..

The return of Triple H is getting closer and closer. Sheamus will probably continue to boast about being the king of the WWE, and of course Triple H will return to dispute this claim. They'll have a match at TLC, and this feud will continue.

As far as Sheamus winning goes, I was excited about him winning, and the match with Morrison was pretty damn good, but I'm not so sure he needed this. I mean this is the same guy who kayfabe put Triple H on the shelf earlier this year. Putting Triple H out of action is HUGE, because the list of people who have destroyed The Game is very short. Morrison seemed to be back on track, and I think a win here could've given him a big boost. Although, I would've liked to see Del Rio win this. The only guy who he has truly put down so far is Christian, because Mysterio keeps getting the best of him. Morrison or Del Rio definitely could've used a win more here.

I am happy. I don't care if he needed it or not. At least WWE is being somewhat realistic by having a powerhouse and the biggest name out of all those competitors win it. I don't think it would have helped some of the others much. Sure, they would have won, but they would have lost the title match anyways. I think it helped push Morrison in a way because he did have a good long match with Shaemus today and showed he can hang in there with the big guys. Pretty good decision of a winner IMO.

I guess it sorta makes sense for Sheamus to win it. After losing to Santino and Morrison he kinda needed a boost. Although I will agree he probably didn't need the win as much as the other competitors. I can only think this will lead to a king vs king match with HHH. King Booker did this sort of thing with HHH at Summerslam a couple years ago so it's a feasible idea. I only hope Morrison's push doesn't get derailed because of this loss.

Think I'm another hoping HHH made a comeback tonight, it would have been an awesome way to round up the KOTR torny.

I did personally want John Morison to win, but Sheamus is a great competitor and does work hard to gain the wins!

I have no problem with this. The booking was done in a logical, concise way. Sheamus had an easy passs to the finals, where Morrison lost because he went through 3 tough matches and had a bad arm. Could Morrison have used the win more? Logic would say yes, because Sheamus is a two time WWE Champion, but I'd argue otherwise.

Sheamus had no direction whatsoever heading into this tournament. He was feuding with Santino, of all people. He had gone from defeating John Cena at 2 straight PPV's to losing to Santino, and Morrison once. He desperately needed the win to establish credibility. With HHH's return looming, Sheamus couldn't go into a feud he most likely will lose without much needed momentum. Enter being the 18th King of The Ring.

Morrison looked like a star in defeat. He battled through injuries, and tough matches with both Cody and Del Rio. Having already defeated Sheamus, I'd argue he didn't need the win as much. He was elevated by the loss tonight. This was good for both men, and well booked. Sheamus gets the win he needs to secure momentum heading into an inevitable feud with HHH, and Morrison gets momentum from taking the tougher road to the finals and taking Sheamus to the limit despite a bad arm. A good night for both men.

Glad Sheamus won. The only person who should've won actually. Think about, 2 time WWE Champ? Yeah, he's gotta win.
No-one else had truly achieved enough to become King. All Hail King Sheamus of Raw.

Giving Sheamus the King Of The Ring is just a perfect set up for the return of "The King of Kings", Sheamus will continue to call himself the king every week until HHH Comes out on a PPV and beats the hell outta him, setting up HHH v Sheamus III At WM.

Pointless to make the winner someone who is already a two time champ and is just gonna get squashed by HHH when he returns. WWE dropped the ball big time morrison has been on a hot streak lately and could of benefited way more.

Terrible move by WWE. Very stupid move by them. What exactly will Sheamus prove by doing this? He beat John Morrison for this, and everyone knows that JoMo really needs this push. But WWE just wants to make Sheamus look good by giving him a second push. Sheamus is a two F******* time world champion, and he gets an award that is meant to push younger guys. Edge, Brock Lesnar, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, HHH, Ken Shamrock, William Regal, and Booker T did not win the WWE world title once after winning KOTR as far as I'm concerned. So why the hell did they give it to Sheamus. I would've rather see anyone else in the tournament win it than Sheamus. Everyone else in the tournament has not yet held a world title. Everybody else could have gotten that boost. Sheamus is selfish, he doesn't need this. Del Rio, Kingston, Danielson, Morrison, Rhodes, McIntyre and Zeke needed a push. Especially McIntyre, that dude honestly is stuck in the dog house. WWE really knows how to screw things up, giving a prestigous award to someone who doesn't need it. Just my opinion, but I've never been so disappointed

I would have Really liked to see Morrison win here because I'm a Huge Fan of his and I was a little disappointed that he didn't win because I think it could have really helped to establish Morrison and cement his spot, but I'm not that mad because I like Sheamus and I can understand why he won this match and this probably sets up a feud between Sheamus the King of the Ring and a returning HHH The King of Kings.

Giving Sheamus the King Of The Ring is just a perfect set up for the return of "The King of Kings", Sheamus will continue to call himself the king every week until HHH Comes out on a PPV and beats the hell outta him, setting up HHH v Sheamus III At WM.

Yeah, that feud has a big similarity with the one Triple H had with Booker T. No one cares about this crappy feud. Winning King of the Ring should not set up a feud. It should boost a young wrestler that has not won a world title yet. Sheamus won two world titles. So the whole thing is screwed up anyway. King of the Ring is meaningless this year.

Glad Sheamus won. The only person who should've won actually. Think about, 2 time WWE Champ? Yeah, he's gotta win.
No-one else had truly achieved enough to become King. All Hail King Sheamus of Raw.

You don't get the point of King of the RIng. King of the ring is meant to push young wrestlers that have not yet won world titles. I'll give you examples:

Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Stone Cold
Triple H
Kurt Angle
Edge
Brock Lesnar
William Regal

Not one of those men held a world title. It's because WWE was meant to push these guys. Not make them look good. Thats why Sheamus' win was pointless. What will this do for him? He already reached main event status. He never needed this.

I really liked the win for Sheamus. He is the correct pick to win the tournament. It cements his status as a main event player and also sets up a rather nice tagline (King of Kings vs KOTR) for a feud with a returning HHH. I liked the fact that Sheamus was able to dominate his opponents, helping to further establish him as a powerhouse.

You don't get the point of King of the RIng. King of the ring is meant to push young wrestlers that have not yet won world titles. I'll give you examples:

Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Stone Cold
Triple H
Kurt Angle
Edge
Brock Lesnar
William Regal

Not one of those men held a world title. It's because WWE was meant to push these guys. Not make them look good. Thats why Sheamus' win was pointless. What will this do for him? He already reached main event status. He never needed this.

Just because you won King of the Ring doesn't guarantee ANYTHING. Or that if you lose you're done. Shamrock beat Rock in the finals, who became the bigger star?

Morrison was already looking strong but Sheamus only competed in one other match while Morrison had to work 2 before and had that bad arm. Sheamus already lost the last couple of months so he should look strong going into a possible feud with HHH.

I have no problem with this. The booking was done in a logical, concise way. Sheamus had an easy passs to the finals, where Morrison lost because he went through 3 tough matches and had a bad arm. Could Morrison have used the win more? Logic would say yes, because Sheamus is a two time WWE Champion, but I'd argue otherwise.

Sheamus had no direction whatsoever heading into this tournament. He was feuding with Santino, of all people. He had gone from defeating John Cena at 2 straight PPV's to losing to Santino, and Morrison once. He desperately needed the win to establish credibility. With HHH's return looming, Sheamus couldn't go into a feud he most likely will lose without much needed momentum. Enter being the 18th King of The Ring.

Morrison looked like a star in defeat. He battled through injuries, and tough matches with both Cody and Del Rio. Having already defeated Sheamus, I'd argue he didn't need the win as much. He was elevated by the loss tonight. This was good for both men, and well booked. Sheamus gets the win he needs to secure momentum heading into an inevitable feud with HHH, and Morrison gets momentum from taking the tougher road to the finals and taking Sheamus to the limit despite a bad arm. A good night for both men.

I agree completely. Sheamus is someone that's had no real direction, generally speaking, since he left the WWE Championship and main event scene a while back. His feud with Morrison has been good and Morrison has benefitted from it as has Sheamus.

I've got no problem with Sheamus winning it, though I do believe that Morrison needed it more. Of course since Sheamus won, I'm not surprised to see that many people are already calling it a stupid move or how the WWE dropped the ball and all that. Whenever something doesn't go exactly as some fans believe it should go, you can expect to hear all the whining and complaining. Morrison looked like a million bucks tonight even though he lost. He looked like a star with a lot of heart. With Morrison already having one clean win over Sheamus at a big ppv, it made all the sense in the world for Sheamus to win this match and set up a rubber match between the two at the upcoming TLC ppv.

I actually don't mind it at all, I wanted Morrison or Bryan to win, but this puts him back in the title hunt which is nice. It also sets up a Sheamus-HHH feud, a king vs. king feud, but this reminds me a lot like King Booker, where he continued the gimmick and faced HHH at Summerslam 2007 I believe in a king-king feud. I was hoping HHH would come back as a heel but it doesn't seem like it would happen, have Triple H return, and have them have a no contest. This makes Sheamus look strong and HHH doesn't lose his return match. Have them continue the feud setting up a world title match between Sheamus and HHH and whoever the world champion is at the time. HHopefully it than leads to a Triple H heel turn which is desperatley needed.

I want to see Sheamus face the Miz though, and I actually want Miz to win cleanly. It could be interesting to see how Morrison plays into all of this considering his history with the Miz.

Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Stone Cold
Triple H
Kurt Angle
Edge
Brock Lesnar
William Regal

Just because that's what happened in the past doesn't mean that's what it's meant for.

Sheamus is a 2-time WWE Champ, so logically, shouldn't he be the winner? SHouldn't he be the only one that should win? That's what happened. Him losing would make him look bad, People who are mad that Morrison didn't win are just marks for him.

Heels are better kings, it fits their charactes better, especially Sheamus. We don't need Morison wearing a cape and a crown he's fine the way he is. Plus it sets up a rubber match of Morison v. Sheamus, hopefully.

I like Sheamus winning and everyone saying they dropped the ball and they don't know what they're doing are ignorant fucks.

I see it the same way as quite a few other posters. I would have preferred Morrison to win. I also agree that it is some sort of side angle to have "The King Of The Ring" face off against "The King Of Kings".

I actually don't seem to mind as much as everyone else. As I had said in a previous thread, it is another "feather" added to the cap of Sheamus. I can see him using the actual "King" gimmick for a decent amount of time.

The WWE Championship does not need to be on Sheamus right now. This is a good way to have his focus off the title, yet keep him relevant and has a "title" of his own.

WWE dropped the ball big time with Sheamus winning KOTR!!!!!!!!
i was hoping it would be used to make John Morrison into a full main eventer but damn WWE drops the ball on a Morrison push again! :disappointed:

Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Stone Cold
Triple H
Kurt Angle
Edge
Brock Lesnar
William Regal

Erm.....

[YOUTUBE]-xBu58OHiUY[/YOUTUBE]

And, for the record, Booker won his King of the Ring, as a wrestler who, technically, had already won five world titles. This theory that world champions can't win King of the Ring Tournament's is quite bogus, really. Now, could Morrison have used the win? Sure, he could have. Does that mean he deserves the win? Not really, at least until he learns to cut a money promo. The WWE has decided they're going to make Sheamus a fixture in the main event for decades, period. People may not like to hear this, but in comparing his push to the top, it would appear as though they're grooming Sheamus much in the same way they groomed Taker upon his debut. This can only help keep him in that same trajectory, and I'm quite fine with that. Remember guys, big picture. Let's just say Morrison wins. He uses this for a PPV Title mach, maybe against the Miz... Then what? Then what do you do with him? Well, if he keeps on the same way he has been for a while, he's merely going to drop back to the mid-card, and he's going to Billy Gunn this chance. That is, unless he puts on some major work. Sheamus, you can build this as something to brag about for a while, and bridge it to his feud with Triple H, to which keeps him in the main event scene much longer. Again guys... Big picture thinking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back