• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All car clampers...

The Rob

Telling me I'm invincible..
... are ***** and I hate every single one of them. I got clamped today outside my college for being 7 minutes late. Now I know what your thinking, you were still late Rob. However I paid for 2 hours and had another half an hour left before my money expired. But the machine said that I only had an hour. I paid for two hours at 13:18, which would of ment I had till 15:18 to return to my car. The machine printed my ticket, saying that I had till 14:18, which is clearly wrong. I was in a rush and simply assumed that, like it does 99.9999999% of the time, that it had got it right.

I had to watch as the bastard wacked a clamp on my car, with me pleeding him to listen, but the prick was absolutely loving it and kept telling me "theres nothing I can do". It must be amazing to be satisfied with a job, where a human conscience is not required whatsoever!

Fucking bastard, given my way I would of wrapped the fucking thing round his throat. Now I'm £100 down, even though I actually paid for 2 hours, and he clamped me after an hour and a half. Dick!

As you can tell, I'm not happy at all. Anyone else had their car clamped before or am I the only one?

I was going to acquiesce to your situation, if not for 2 things:

1) Look up how much a new tire costs as compared to actually getting it removed. At UofA it's something crazy like 200 dollars, so a dude I know just cut the clamp and tire off of his car and went to Wal-Mart for a new tire. Legit.

2) Those people are just doing their job. Don't call them jackasses or anything of the sort. Have you ever thought that maybe the machine doesn't add more than one hour to the machine at a time, no matter how much money you put in? You could have paid for 2 hours, but only gotten one hour. I know a few machines do that in Little Rock so that you don't get people paying for other's parking (like nice people tend to do). They only allow a set time to be added at a time or some shit like that. I don't remember the intricacies because I haven't parked in Little Rock in upwards of a year and a half.

You could pay to stay for 24 hours at a cost of like £8, so I highly doubt it. I've parked there a number of times, and this is the first situation of the sort I've ever had there.

As for them doing their job, I know it's their job to clamp cars, much as its the same for a copper whos sat in a bush with a speed gun, fining anyone who does 42 in a 40 zone. They do it because it's their job... but that still dosen't stop him from being a cunt. I hope that twat gets his car clamped too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back