• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All 3 Streets of Rage games are out on XBOX Live Arcade

Are any of those games playable over Live? I can just emulate if I want to play local (Kaillera is shit) since I own most of the physical genesis carts

I still don't know how ROM legality works :shrug: I've heard "you have to own it" and "You can keep them for 24 hours"

They're also on PSN, with online play. I got SoR2 for free when they were giving out that free month of PSPlus. The online's pretty flawless.

Are any of those games playable over Live? I can just emulate if I want to play local (Kaillera is shit) since I own most of the physical genesis carts

I still don't know how ROM legality works :shrug: I've heard "you have to own it" and "You can keep them for 24 hours"

ROMs are not legal. At all.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom
Ditto. The save function they give you is a lifesaver.
Number 3 is pretty awful though.

I hate how if you play on easy you get a shitty ending. I've never wanted to play through on a harder level, just because of that.

I hate how if you play on easy you get a shitty ending. I've never wanted to play through on a harder level, just because of that.

The American game increased the difficulty settings from the Japanese game (Easy in America was Normal in Japan, Normal in America was Hard in Japan); I used to hate 3 until I got good at it, but after the learning curve it's a lot more fun than 2 is, solely because you can play at a faster speed

Glad to hear it and thanks for reporting it. I was a big fan of the franchise on the Sega Genesis. I remember going to the video rental store and getting it numerous times because it was just so addictive.

Something I thought was worth noting as a testament to how good this SoR really is. I have a 6 yr old son who has thus far grown up with PS2, XBOX, XBOX360, PS3 and when I let him play this on my computer (Since I have the roms for almost every game and system up to Dreamcast) he is more hooked on SoR than a lot of the newer games for 360 and PS2 that I have. I've got plenty of games that are easy enough for him to play and enjoy but when he comes over he always wants to play the older games on my computer like SoR, Sonic, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, etc..... It just goes to show that these games are timeless classics that appeal to everyone no matter their age or generation of gaming.

For what it's worth, on Rage 3 you can set the Game Settings to Japanese so that the difficulty will scale back to normal; Japan's Normal will play like USA's Easy, and you won't get stopped at Stage 5

Additionally, you get to fight this guy

sor3_bk3_ash.gif

55875-forside.jpg

I am fortunate enough to own this with all three streets of rage games on it, plus the ever-amazing golden axe and it's two immediate successors. It's also got the first four sonics and the phenomenal kid chameleon game, it's a great bundle.

And I have to go along with what BaBomb said. My nephew is as eager, if not more to play with me on streets of rage or golden axe than he is the latest wave of fighters and beat 'em ups that I own on PS3 like street fighter 4 or Tekken 6 or Mortal Kombat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back