• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alistair Overeem vs. Sam Hoger

jmt225

Global Moderator
Yes, you read that headline right. According to Sam Hoger via his Twitter account, a fight between him and Alistair Overeem will go down sometime soon.

Umm... seriously, what the fuck? This is strange on all kinds of levels.

First of all, Strikeforce can't find a better opponent for Overeem? Seriously? Dude, for those who don't know, Sam Hoger sucks ass. I mean, he REALLY does. He was on the first season of The Ultimate Fighter, conned his way to the Semi-Finals, only to then get his ass kicked by Forrest Griffin. After the show, nearly all his UFC fights were nothing but boring pieces of shit, and he beat no one worth noting. That is basically his entire career, and this clown gets a shot at Overeem? Are you fucking kidding me? This very well could be the first death in MMA. Hoger is going to get fucking destroyed.

What are your thoughts on the fight? Think Hoger stands the slightest chance?

Sam Hoger. Sam Hoger. I'm sure I recognise that name from somewhere. Perhaps I'll Wikipedia it once I'm done posting and curse myself for being such a dopey cunt. Oh well.

Fake edit: Actually read your post and now I remember that it was that smiley twat from The Ultimate Fighter. That's £20 not gone to waste.

Anyway, yeah, I've seen a few Overeem videos and I can't say I wasn't impressed. I'll tentatively agree with you that he deserves a better quality of opponent, particularly now I've remembered who that thieving, condescending cunt is. I suppose I'll look up the fight just to see him get his face smashed in.

Overeem is one of the top heavyweights in the world right now. He was pretty average as a light-heavyweight but he re-invented himself as an elite Heavyweight.

The problem is that except for Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski (both of whom are pretty much cooked at this point), there's nobody else out there that's available that presents a compelling fight for Overeem. Bobby Lashley is a free agent, but he's allowing himself to waste away in TNA, which in the end is not going to get him taken seriously enough by Dana White or the rest of the MMA community. Besides, even if Lashley was available, chances are that he wouldn't be ready for Overeem. The only two that do, Fedor and Brett Rogers, are tied up because of their upcoming match.

Dana did the smart thing and snapped up the top IFL Heavyweights in Rothwell and Nelson. I was going to say that Paul Buentello would have at least been a better quality opponent for Overeem, but Strikeforce released him from his contract to begin with. The UFC has all of the top and well known Heavyweights. As the months go on too, Dana is going to keep snapping up the top Heavyweight free agents, so that there's nobody really left for Fedor to fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back