Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
With Predators in the cinema I was curious which franchise do you prefer

Alien_%281979%29_-_The_Alien.jpg

OR

predator.jpg

I prefer the Alien franchise because the story is more interesting, Ripley's constant battle with the Aliens and trying to stop Weyland Yutani from using the Aliens as biological weapons is far more interesting than the Predators storyline of Alien hunter hunting humans for sport.

the Alien movies have at least been interesting as they kept coming out. The first Predator movie was great, but the second was beyond terrible.

Not really a contest is it. Those slick black Giger aliens from a classic series. Or the clunky looking Stan Winston creation. People like it because it's the Predator, introduce it into cinema these days and people would look at it like the piece of shit it is. It's the concept of the Predator that makes it great.

Predator is an entertaining franchise and nothing more. Is Predator a classic? I guess, but it's a minor-classic. An 80's classic. Alien & Aliens are two of the best sci-fi/horror films ever made.

I think I said it on here yesterday, people mistakenly think that Predators & Aliens are in the same league because they shared some shitty films & comics together. One is a serious series of films dragged down to the level and below of an entertaining, but average, action movie franchise.

Somebody said to me the other day that the predator is like it was designed by a 12 year old and I think they have a point. Heat vision, cloaking device, laser cannon, arm sword, self-destruct, pussy for a face, dreadlocks. Oh, and fishnet stockings. When it comes down to design, the alien definitely benefits from Giger's whole penis fetish.

The films, well, the Alien franchise has two stone cold classics, a quite good David Fincher debut and then a bunch of shit after that. The Predator franchise has the third best Arnie vehicle of all time, an underrated Danny Glover film and then a bunch of shit after that. So yeah, Alien wins hands down.

I'm still convinced a decent Aliens vs. Predator film can be made. It just needs to not be written like bad fan fiction and not shot (and cast) like The OC.

I'm still convinced a decent Aliens vs. Predator film can be made. It just needs to not be written like bad fan fiction and not shot (and cast) like The OC.

That's my whole view on just about any of these 'A versus B' movies. People go to see one death dealing monster take on another one, and that's it, but the majority of any of these movies deals more with 5 fuckin' pretty actors who only just make the grade to appear in shit like the OC, and then there's about a total of 20 minutes out of 120, featuring the creatures whose names are in the fuckin' title!!!!!!!!

Transformers
Freddy vs Jason
AVP

All focused more on people like Megan Fox's character, than they actually focused on Freddy fighting Jason or Aliens versus Predators or the Transformers fighting.

That's like calling a film 'Star Wars' yet the only bit set in space is the rolling introduction at the beginning of the film.

I am a big fan of both franchises but the Alien is the more legendary movie monster. I love the Predator, and maybe it is along the same lines as Jake said, because I like the concept of the creature, but it does not compare to the Alien.

There was a much more compelling story surrounding the Alien, and still is. Ripley is a great character that has a lot of range and potential direction. Dutch was a badass but we never got a follow up on him like we did with Aliens. Had Dutch been in the second movie then maybe we would be talking differently about the status of Predator, but it is a second best compared to Alien.

I've got to go with the predator in this one. The predator just seems like the more efficient killer as that's what it does, hunts and kills. Alien was pretty nasty and I guess a killer of equal magnitude but predator has a few things going for it that the Alien does not. Primarily the human form, Aliens "alien" body makes it big and cumbersome and slow technically. Also I'm not sure the Alien could hunt as elaborately as the predator.

Alt are you serious? The aliens body actually makes it so it doesn't need all the stuff the predator has. The only thing it doesn't have that the predator does is a long range weapon. It's not big and cumbersome, it actually moves extremely fast and agile. And I'm saying this as someone who would choose the predator of the 2...

Anyways, I like the predator more because it's a much more intriguing character. If it were just some alien that killed to kill it would be boring. But because of it's code of conduct and mystery it's a much cooler character. Not saying the alien is bad. It pulls off the hive mentality quite well. But hives are not that interesting. The alien plots are more elaborate, but not enough to make up the difference.

It also helps that the original Predator is one of my favorite movies. Not to mention the 4th Alien is sooooo ungodly awful, and that's being nice, that there's no making up for it. Yes, the predator series has it's bad movies, but not THAT bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back