Alex Riley

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Tonight, I went to a house show in Flint, Michigan. While I was there, I saw Primo defeat a young man by the name of Alex Riley.

Riley's gimmick was that of a jerk jock. He entered the ring to rock music with a sports feel, and he wore a torn-up letterman jacket. He had decent psychology and was pretty good in the ring.

Riley is currently in FCW, but seems like he'll be coming up soon if they're showing him off at house shows. If he keeps the jock gimmick, I could see him going decently far, depending on the show he debuts on. He has a good look and everyone hates those popular jerkasses.

Has anyone else seen him at shows or in FCW? What are your opinions on him?

I seen him in a match or two on the computer before- He's got good presence, and a main-event look for sure, but he seems to get lazy towards the end of matches, which is something he definitely has to work on. Good gimmick and look though, he looks like he has potential, in my opinion.

My only problem is that he seems to much like Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler, 2 arrogant jock like characters who are in the process of being built up on the wwe roster. You could even through Zack Ryder in there and you've got a plenty of jock heel gimmicks on the wwe roster. Though I think Alex Riley is a talented guy and the Arrogant jock is a good gimmick, I don't think now is the right time for a guy with a gimmick like his.

I saw him wrestle a losing effort in Leesburg FL a couple weekends ago. He's a solid worker. It wasn't a large crowd there, so I was able to talk smack about his gimmick. He went after me with a vengence. It was great. I like heels who aren't afraid to play their part. All in all he's gonna be just fine when he's called up to the main roster.

My only problem is that he seems to much like Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler, 2 arrogant jock like characters who are in the process of being built up on the wwe roster. You could even through Zack Ryder in there and you've got a plenty of jock heel gimmicks on the wwe roster. Though I think Alex Riley is a talented guy and the Arrogant jock is a good gimmick, I don't think now is the right time for a guy with a gimmick like his.

Ah, but you see, the difference between them and Riley is that Zig's and Swagger's gimmicks are that of people who were big in high school sports (wrestling) and know this. Riley's is that of the popular, fatheaded football player. When he went to the ring he did touchdown dances and football-inspired poses. This makes him stand out.

He has the look, a good gimmick, and is decent in the ring. I'm not a very good judge of ring work, but I liked him. All that's left is his mic work. I don't know how that is.

I heard in FCW he had a cheerleader valet. This is a stroke of genius for his character and if he gets called up I hope he keeps that aspect of the gimmick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back