Albums you're most looking forward to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prax

I used to be a big deal
List the albums you're most looking forward to.

I thought it was going to be a pretty boring year for music, but then I found out one of my favorite bands has a new CD coming out next week. I've already pre-ordered it.

103-129976N.jpg

Funeral for a Friend - Tales Don't Tell Themselves.
Release Date: 05/15/07

A video and two songs are already available on their myspace page, and it sounds good, except I'm disappointed, there are only 10 tracks.

Still though, I can't wait!!!

Chamillionaire - Ultimate Victory - June 5th
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Strength & Loyalty - May 8th

I'm looking forward to getting these cause I've been waiting for both of these albums for a while.

The new Alkaline Trio cd. I was thinking it'd be out in June. I don't know the name of it either, but I can't wait for it.

Im waiting for the New Megadeth, "United Abomanations' I believe its called. May 15th, Reserved and everything. "The System Has Failed" Was very good and I have high hopes for this one.

Im waiting for the New Megadeth, "United Abomanations' I believe its called. May 15th, Reserved and everything. "The System Has Failed" Was very good and I have high hopes for this one.

fuck Yeah, I think you and me are on the same page with this one, I love the new version of AToute Le Monde, with the girl from Lacuna Coil sing with him on it, and I heard one other song that was fuckin good too

Im looking forward to United Abominations as well, Im also looking forward to a few Local bands Releases, I won't bore you with details. Im looking forward to Dream Theaters new one. Im also looking forward to Ghost Opera by Kamelot.

The new Alkaline Trio cd. I was thinking it'd be out in June. I don't know the name of it either, but I can't wait for it.

Do you mean Remains? Cause it's a compilation of rare songs, I think 2 new songs and some live songs, plus a DVD. It's awesome but I've heard most of it already. It's actually been out for a month or two.

And btw, it's GREAT to see another Trio fan on here, I absolutely love them!

Do you mean Remains? Cause it's a compilation of rare songs, I think 2 new songs and some live songs, plus a DVD. It's awesome but I've heard most of it already. It's actually been out for a month or two.

No I have Remains. It was probably in February when I had read they were going to be releasing a new cd around June. It might of been in an AP magazine. I'll try to find some more info.

EDIT

Here is what I found.

V2 Records will release a collection of new material from Alkaline Trio in early 2007. The Chicago band’s line up is Matt Skiba on guitar and vocals, Dan Andriano on bass and vocals and Derek Grant on drums. V2 says, “Their seventh record will continue on with their signature sound; a combination of two voices creating the balance of lyrical hell and pop heaven.”

And yes, the Trio rock.

Fuck if that's the case I can't fucking wait. I don't know though I went on their site and I couldn't find anything but it hasn't been updated since Remains came out. We'll see I guess. That would be sick.

Edit, from Wikipedia:
Alkaline Trio released an album of B-sides/Rarities, Live Performances, and a DVD with Performances from The Occult Roots Tour in early 2007 called Remains and put out on Vagrant Records, In 2007 they are planning on releasing an anniversary edition of Goddamnit, which will contain the original songs, plus old video footage of older Trio concerts, as well as older photos of the band.

According to Aversion.com, Drummer Derek Grant revealed that the band had started writing its next album, and plans to head into the studio in February to lay the songs to tape. The album is tentatively planned for a spring release. "The first notes of the new album have been written, for those in doubt," he reported in a brief update on his blog.

In October of 2006, it was announced that Alkaline Trio had signed with V2 Records [1]. On January 12, 2007, the label announced that they were undergoing restructuring to focus on their back catalog and digital distribution. As a result, their employees were let go and their roster of artists left as free agents. Alkaline Trio has yet to announce a new label.

Prax you just became my favorate person on this Site, I am a HUGE Trio fan. Remains was indeed to CD they released this year, to be honest I found it a really good listen, although because I have access to pretty much ALL their stuff not much of it was really new to me. The cover of Metro on it alone was worth it though. I heard they were working on something which obviously has been confirmed but I think remains was to give them enough time to put something really special together for their next actual album, I remember the last time a band I liked put out a B sides album before their actual album... Greenday and American Idiot was arguably the album of the year for 2005.

Jonny, you know I love you but I choose not to comment on your fondness of new Green Day, lol. And I'm leaving it at that.

But yeah it sounds like Trio will be releasing something, the quote I posted also said they're remastering Godammit, which should be interesting, especially if they add bonus stuff.

As for their new CD, I think it migth have to be postponed since their record label went under, and I doesn't sound like they want to go back to Vagrant.

MAN, you know what I regret? Missing them when they came in concert last year... I had a late job interview that day and couldn't make it. Apparently they came out, played a set, then Matt Skiba came out on his own and played an accoustic set, them Adriano came out and played his own accoustic set, then they came back all together and did one last said. Apparently it was like one of the concerts of the year over here.

MAN, you know what I regret? Missing them when they came in concert last year... I had a late job interview that day and couldn't make it. Apparently they came out, played a set, then Matt Skiba came out on his own and played an accoustic set, them Adriano came out and played his own accoustic set, then they came back all together and did one last said. Apparently it was like one of the concerts of the year over here.

I saw them twice in 2005, the first time was in London so it was a pain to get to, and the venue was also a pain, me and my girlfriend got completely crushed and we were near the back (the venue was tiny, and oversold) then they came to my hometown so I couldn't pass it up. Probably one of the only bands (bar Less Than Jake and Billy Talent) to get a good sound out of the Southampton Guildhall.

i cant wait for the new G N' R CD Chinese Dimocracy (sorry if i spelt it wrong), I dont care if they take 20 yrs to put it out G N' R is my fav band of all time

Well theres tons of rumors of a new album from the Police and let me say if that's true, than god damn I will be the happiest boy in all of the world.

Hmm what else is coming out thats gonna be good...the Who's next album I'm stoked for, their one that came out last year or so(their first in more then two decades)was just astounding. Shame they don't have Entwistle and Moon of course, but Townsend and Roger are more then enough to tide me over.

Next Mars Volta album should be killer as well, those guys are crazy. Oh and the next Depeche Mode and New Order as well! So many...

Next Mars Volta album should be killer as well, those guys are crazy. Oh and the next Depeche Mode and New Order as well! So many...

That band is taboo on this site! I mean really, Mars Volta? I remember in 02 they supported the Chilli's when I went to see them and I say this having seen many many poor support bands, but they were by far the worst. You could just tell the entire crowd hated them I'm almost certain they cut their set short because of the fact that they seemed to piss everyone off.

Each to their own I guess.

Yeah it's a sad fact of life that alot of the best bands were terrible when it came to being live (Nirvana anyone? Studio stuff is amazing, second they plugged in on stage you'd be lucky to understand two words and maybe a fraction of the songs melody).

Mars Volta is just an amazing band in studio, I've been a fan of theirs ever since they developed out of At The Drive-In, which is one of my favorite bands of the last ten years. Criminally underrated, "One Armed Scissor" is like a gunshot of rage to your gut.

But hey lets not forget even the greatest of all time can suck live, example: Bob Dylan and the Grateful Dead supershow in the late 80s. Worst show ever. Fans almost rioted. Any Dylan in the 80s basically is garbage live, he just didn't care at all at that point. Thank god he's turned around.

I'm looking forward to Alter Bridge's new album coming out mid-year. With just an 11-song album under their belt, I've been waiting for about 2 years for something more to bite into. They've gotten rid of Wind-up as well, which is only good news as they were a terrible producing company for them and got them in a hole before they began. I've heard that they may have a deal with Sony BMG records which sounds great as a big-name company is what this album needs to get out there.

Some of the songs on there sound absolutely awesome and Buried Alive sounds as heavy as people would like and couple that in with sentimental songs like on One Day Remains and you've got an album worth drooling over. It's abot bloody time they got another album out and I can't wait to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back