AJ Styles Angle Compared to CM Punk

ECPirate37

Pre-Show Stalwart
Most comments I have read have said this AJ Styles walking out angle, is the exact same as CM Punk's in 2011. But, what if it's not?

The first difference is that he will be defending the belt outside of the company. Those title defenses could be shown, if only on Social Media. Also, we do not know how he is coming back yet. It is easy to compare it to that angle, because it is still fresh, but shouldn't we see where it is going before we judge? Yes TNA is doing a tournament to crown a new champion, but we do not know that outcome. What if that champ, also walks out?!?! That isn't very likely, but one never knows.

AJ repeatedly said, "You're going to pay Dixie". What if AJ stays away longer than we expect? And what if by making her pay, he wants control of the company? We all know TNA is a HUGE fan of takeover angles. What's stopping them from doing that once again?

I'm starting this thread because I want to see what others think. I can't believe I would be the only one that thinks that TNA isn't going to copy the Punk angle 100%. There has to be a TNA twist to it. What do you think that twist will be?

My twist will be coming back with Morgan, and some other released wrestlers (even X-Divisioners from the past aka Petey Williams) and have them come in, and take over. Dixie runs roughshod while he is gone. AJ comes back, and says if his group can defeat her group, he gets control of the company. Then a tournament like the NWA vs. UWF would happen. The side winning the most, wins control of the company. As a child, this was one of my favorite storylines ever. Of course, I didn't know the NWA had already bought the UWF.

This will be a good way to write her off of tv. What do you think?

honestly he is saving TNA with the Punk 2.0 storyline with the fact WWE MAY buy TNA hopefully he start's the invasion walking in WWE with the title claiming he was on Team Dixie after all but he sould hold the Title to May 2015 and they should keep TNA open until 2015 if they can keep the story fresh as wwe stars come out to get him we see a bunch of TNA stars coming only for Angle,Chavo,Sting to turn on TNA

A good way to start the selling of TNA storyline.

"Since I don't have a world champion. (Sniff, Sniff). I have to sell the company.!"

New management comes out. Explains that have to have AJ Styles back. They found out he is wrestling for some small time promotion.

It is like a real life ECW re-launch angle. TNA advertises another wrestling company on their show. Hey, look at that. They are showing the world, that there is other wrestling companies.

Do something different. Something new, never been done before.

Well, I think this thing is gonna be awesome regardless.

But fans either don't have a good memory or haven't been watching that long because all wrestling is is promotions ripping off promotions that ripped off other promotions years ago.

Like, how many midnight riders have we had?

How many times has some one tried to "invade" the company?

This CM Punk thing has been done before. The Dudley Boys did this angle in ECW, so did Foley.

The Iron Sheik said he'd do it but I suspect Iran didn't really have a wrestling promotion to defend the belt in. Call me a cynic.

Flair literally did it.

Well, I think this thing is gonna be awesome regardless.

But fans either don't have a good memory or haven't been watching that long because all wrestling is is promotions ripping off promotions that ripped off other promotions years ago.

Like, how many midnight riders have we had?

How many times has some one tried to "invade" the company?

This CM Punk thing has been done before. The Dudley Boys did this angle in ECW, so did Foley.

The Iron Sheik said he'd do it but I suspect Iran didn't really have a wrestling promotion to defend the belt in. Call me a cynic.

Flair literally did it.

That was a great move for WCW to allow Flair to show up in the WWF with the WCW title. Got that young crowd of the WWF checking out WCW.

Plus Flair only wrestled for a year in the WWF. Went back to WCW, and Hogan vs. Flair for the belt at bash at the beach. Helped WCW out a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back