• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Agent

Sully

Pre-Show Stalwart
Agent is a video game currently being developed by Rockstar North and being published by Rockstar itself.

Rockstar North is known mostly for making games such as the Grand Theft Auto series, Red Dead Redemption, and the two Manhunt games. With them developing a new game, I can only assume it's going to closely resemble similar gameplay. All though sadly, I read Rockstar claims this game is very different from Grand Theft Auto.

The only problem, and a big let down for a lot of people is, this game is a PS3 exclusive. Now if you have a PS3 like myself, that won't be a problem, but the closer and closer this game is to being released, the more trailers and sneak peeks that are shown, Xbox users are going to get a little more disturbed. I'm sure if they game even has as much hype as Grand Theft Auto or Red Dead Redemption, a good bit of Xbox user may even buy a Playstation 3 just to play this game.

[YOUTUBE]TkSjTsW-aGQ&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

Wikipedia said:
The game is set during the Cold War and will take players into "the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations", according to a Rockstar press release. Rockstar has yet to reveal any details regarding the setting for the title other than the fact that it will be set in the late 1970s. Take-Two has confirmed that, as of 2010, Agent is still in the development stages.

Take-Two CEO Ben Feder sheds a little more light on the mysterious PS3 game to Eurogamer, saying that Agent will feature "very, very different storylines, very different character development" from the wildly successful Rockstar North series Grand Theft Auto.

Agent takes players on a paranoid journey into the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations during the height of the Cold War at the end of the 1970s."

Keyword there, paranoid. What Spy isn't paranoid though. I imagine it's this game is going to remind me a lot like the show Burn Notice, or at least the main characters early days before the show. It could also have a good resemblance to the recent Call Of Duty game, "Black Ops". Both are set in the cold war era, both are pretty much "spies".

Based on the quotes above, Ben Feder also mentions it takes you across the world. Now I'm sure most gaming developers do exaggerate quite a bit, but maybe we could see missions where the protagonist has to fly by plain into another country, an assassinate a world leader? It does say "political assassinations". Another question world be if the the main character is working for the government, Cia, FBI? Or if he's working in an undercover sort of unofficial organization.

Rockstar has apparently been working on this game since July 2007. Currently that's four years, and this game is only in development stages! We have a good chance of not seeing this game until 2012, or later!

One thing is for sure though, I'm excited. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the game. Plot ideas? What are your thoughts on it being a PS3 exclusive game?

Hmm... A spy game by RockStar. I'm definitely interested. I'm even lucky to have a PS3 (the reason I got the 3 was because of its exlcusives). And it's probably PS3 exclusive to use its motion sensing controllers, and probably will have something to do with the Move.

Knowing that it's an exclusive makes me think this will be the first game to take full advantage of the playstations power, and as the release date is still a while away i'd guess that it will feature 3d as well.

A Rockstar Spy game? I'm intrigued, but not sold quite yet. I'm an XBox guy, so unless I'm able to trade my 360 for a PS3, I probably won't be playing it anyway, but I have my doubts about Rockstar's ability to make a non-open world type game which is what this sounds like.

That said, Rockstar knows a thing or two about character development as Nico Bellic and John Marston were two of the most fascinating video game characters ever created as far as I'm concerned. They make it sounds like it will be more about the story than the game play, another thing I'm all for. The thing I like most about GTA4 and RDR was that while the game play was terrific, the story told in the game was absolutely engrossing and I legitimately felt emotions while playing the games.

I will be paying attention to this game to see what it looks like and how it turns out, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't live up to the standards set by GTA and RDR.

Hopefully it'll be like LA Noire where you have to find your own clues, not look for a sparkling object in a corner.

I'm not going to lose anysleep about not being able to play this game. I love rockstar games, but I'm not a huge fan of non sandbox games. While I like the idea of the game, I would much prefer it set in todays world instead of going back in time that far.

I'm not going to lose anysleep about not being able to play this game. I love rockstar games, but I'm not a huge fan of non sandbox games. While I like the idea of the game, I would much prefer it set in todays world instead of going back in time that far.

On the wikipedia page, Agent is listed under the category of Action and Sandbox. I assume that Agent will be a sandbox, Rockstar North has never made a non sandbox game, and in fact...this game turning out to be a non sandbox game would be a huge turnoff for me, as Rockstar is pretty much known for revolutionizing the sandbox genre.

The game is set during the Cold War and will take players into "the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations"

This is generally all the info that has been released about the game so far. And I am very intrigued because it sounds like a game that i have been wanting for a long while, by the sounds its a game that you have to find your own way and solve your own problems not just be given the answers like alot of other games. As another poster said not just walk up to a glow in the corner. A game where you have to find your own way, and is hard but not impossible intrigues me more. Hopefully it is a generally long game, that takes a while to finish.

For now this game sounds Awesome!

Rockstar never fails to impress me, I'm hoping this is no different. I love the Cold War era, the while spy feel of it is really a plus. I'm hoping they really don't hold back on this game and they really just do a nice job with it. It needs to have that "paranoid" feel to it. I want it to really be a spy game, not just bits and pieces of what it could be, they need to do whatever they can. Hopefully this game resembles LA Noire or something like that. In the end, I'll probably get this game, and thoroughly enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back