• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Age of the Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
taken from ROH.com
What Is The Age Of The Fall?
Wednesday, September 26, 2007

No one will ever forget the bloody and gruesome debut of The Age Of The Fall on 9/15 in Chicago (witness it in the latest ROH Video Wire at www.ROHvideos.com). It is already among the most infamous incidents in ROH history.

On the surface it looked like another faction had emerged in ROH. After some digging we have found that The Age Of The Fall is much more than a stable of Jimmy Jacobs, Lacey, Tyler Black and Necro Butcher.

The Age Of The Fall can best be described as a revolution or a movement. Ring Of Honor is just the platform they are using now to spread their message. Examining a hidden blog that is linked to www.AgeOfTheFall.com reveals their agenda. In fact, if you do the research their message comes across loud and clear.

This is a force that sets their own rules. What is produced for the masses is what they are against. The members of The Age Of The Feel feel that society is flawed. They think they are prisoners in today's world. Now they are looking to revolt. This isn't about wrestling, it is about society. It isn't about wrestlers, it is about the entire human race.

New blogs, written by Tyler Black, are continually posted to spread the message and recruit followers. An email list has been collected from interested people who sign up at AgeOfTheFall.com. Many of these people have received emails with instructions on how to carry out the revolution and show support for The Age Of The Fall.

The Age Of The Fall have already infiltrated ROH's production crew, which is how they caused the black out in Boston on 8/10 and raised Jay Briscoe into the air in Chicago. They claim that you will never know who is in The Age Of The Fall. It could be a taxi driver, the person standing in line behind you or a bank clerk. The Age Of The Fall is anyone that is dissatisfied with the world and ready to take action.

Chicago on 9/15 saw the first Age Of The Fall supporters show their colors by wearing black ski masks and bandannas. It got to the point that the local police were alarmed. This is exactly what The Age Of The Fall wants.

Jimmy Jacobs always held a disdain for the world. He always saw things differently. He thought the love of Lacey could save him. When it didn't, he realized that nothing saves. Now his anger and despair has bred a revolution. The Age Of The Fall is here and we aren't exactly sure how big it is or what will happen next.

The only thing that is clear is that any revolution needs power. ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe are the first targets. The belts represent power. After Chicago, The Briscoes are ready to fight back. The war is about to begin. As Tyler Black writes, The Age Of The Fall are ready and recruiting:

"We are of every age.
We are human.
We are your pariahs.
We are the ones that got away.

We wear black.
We are grim.
We are pessimists.
We are catalysts.
We are revolutionaries.
We are a collective conscience for the mislead.

We are waiting.
We are impatient.
We are a destruction crew at work.
We are the foundation for mutiny.

We are loyal.
We are betrayed.
We are your tears, your fear, and your dreams.
We are all the ways you want us to be.

We are the voice for the voiceless.
We are the hope for the hopeless.
We are the end for the endless."

This has me excited as hell, we started talking about it a bit in the Jimmy Jacobs thread, but I figured they deserved their own thread, so share your thoughts on this, what you hopw comes from it, where you think it could go, etc., personally I hope that this leads to a ROH title reign for Jimmy Jacobs, that would be badass, ten maybe have Tyler Black and Necro Butcher as the ROH tag champs, have them completly dominate ROH for awhile, but don't do it right away, have it be a good year to year and a half process at the least

Wow, I didn't know Necro was in ROH now. I need to catch up on ROH more.

This looks interesting to say the least. Hope it works out. Hopefully ROH can get a national tv deal sometime soon.

This should pan out to be a great faction. I'm very excited to see Tyler Black and Necro since I'm not familiar with their work. In fact, this is the first I have ever heard of Black. I will be seeing these guys in a match against the Vulture Squad next week in Edison- I'm anxious as hell to see if Necro lives up to his reputation!

Being in the UK, I cannot get to the US ROH events (though I want to get over to see TNA, WWE and ROH events at some point in the future) or even see it online but this stable (started by the attack on the Briscoes) has got me seriously excited like no other event in recent wrestling history, to the point where i really want to check out the recent events when they come out on DVD over here!

They need to keep this going as long as possible. Jacobs is v talented and Necro is weird but can take amazing damage and do some sick stuff in the right environment (having seen some CZW stuff, this stable is perfect for him).

Whoever mentioned that this could lead to title reigns for him is damn right, here's hoping ROH do it well.

Didn't care too much for Necro until i saw his matches with Joe, He is a great brawler who takes sick bumps. These guys are going to be an amazing heel faction and are going to do some wonderful things (provided Sal books them right, which shouldn't be a problem) i mean you come in and attack the Briscoes who are with out a doubt the most popular tag team in ROH in a sick attack, thats making a statement. I am looking forword to see what they can do together. ROH > TNA and WWE put together!!!!

On another note i give props to the bookers on this angle because of how far they are going to stay kayfabe about this whole incident. Stirring the pot by posting the whole thing about how "they don't support the actions of age of the fall" how awesome is that. trying to pull one over on the "smart marks" what a great angle. On a side note, if you get a chance to see GUEST BOOKER: with Sal, to see how he would of booked ECW from june 06 up to the December PPV (you know, that time period where they took a crap on the legacy of ECW) its would of been awesome. anyway, Age of the fall should be great

I have to speak of the brilliance of the attack on the Briscoes by Age of the Fall. When Jay Briscoe was hoisted upside-down like a slaughtered lamb and Jimmy Jacobs stood underneath him in his pure white suit, it was amazing. Jay's blood slowly turned that white suit into a bloody mess, and Jimmy Jacobs never missed a beat in a kick-ass in-ring promo. It reminded me of when Raven crucified the Sandman on the cross in ECW. I can't wait to see this faction dig it's heels into ROH. Having them debut by taking out the Briscoes was perfect and I can't wait to see where this goes next. ROH is by far the best and most innovative product out there and Jimmy Jacobs has shown some of his best work ever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back