• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Age of Orton

italyanstallyan

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now that Orton is finally WWE Champ, the Age of Orton can finally commence. Orton needs to hold the title until WrestleMania 26. This can be a legendary title reign if done right. He could defeat Triple H in a Hell in a Cell rematch, Batista, Shawn Michaels, etc. until he faces John Cena at WrestleMania 26. That's what I would like to see. What do you think?

I luv Triple H but he was becoming a boring face and a boring champ like Cena was. When he wins the belt, he only has it just have it. I'm glad Randy won. He's younger and a goodass heel to watch. He makes the belt look better.

i was excited to see him win..with trips selling the punt and cena possibly chasing big show for making him lose the title it could be more fitting for orton to get the title reign he deserves

It was good for Orton to get the belt back. He needed the belt. Triple H has ran stale the past few months and I look for the result of this match to cause a feud with HHH and Batista once the Game makes his 'recovery'.

I can see the promo on Raw tomorrow being all about taking out each and every member of the McMahon family. They can just go so many routes with this. Only thing is, he's feuded with all the major players at one point or another. Batista and HBK. They could go with Punk, but he needs momentum after losing to Kane, so that may not happen in the near future.

I'd like to see Orton take more control of Raw, trying to boss Vickie around and eventually getting rid of her with a punt to the head, but that's only wishful thinking. It'd be nice to see what happens in the near future.

Uh ... no feud with Punk since he is now on Smackdown!
Anyways ... I think that the last Age of Orton was a pretty damn good reign as far as "getting the reign he deserves" kingjz. I mean hell ... he held the belt for six frickin months with retains over HBK (x2), Chris Jericho, Jeff Hardy, John Cena (x2) and Triple H ... including a WrestleMania XXIV victory. How the hell can that not be considered a good reign?
I personally would love to see a long reign ... but I think they could go either way with this. I would love to see at some point him just flat "pick a fight" with Cena by saying he thinks this belt looks like "garbage" and debuting a "Orton" belt of some sort.
Anyway it goes ... it is fresh and he definitely deserves this reign, it will be interesting to see how long this one goes.

It's too little too late...He shoulda won the belt at Wrestlemania...Only reason they put the belt on Orton is because they're WM match came off bad and it pissed the fans off. They never give Orton the belt when he should get it..Just like when Cena got injured, they threw the belt on him by default.

terrible match, terrible finish, terrible terrible terrible fued.

randy orton might be the most over hyped wrestler in the history of the business.

1. legacy as a whole is not over. orton looks weak having to carry those bums rhodes and dibiase.

2. randy orton looks green still. hes gets too hyped before big spots and it 99% of the time looks weak. the lone exception was the stephanie ddt...because he let it build. instead of looking like a tweeker, slow it down.

3. randy orton cannot and will not ever be able to carry a match. if hes wrestling someone who is less experienced, it shows and looks rookie like. hes not had a 5 star match without triple h or cena.

4. his gimmick, while well thought out, is poorly executed. he doesnt scare me or even give me the vibe hes "crazy". a neck turn and a blank stare does not equal a heel randy. he needs to work on that.

5. hes probably one of the worst over sellers..but only a few seconds. its amazing how he can go from critically injured to insanely immune to attack. this goes back to him being entirely too green.

its just sad there is not another heel that vince mcmahon is in love with, because this guy is a super atheltic yet entirely average wrestler...at best. if he doesn't start the build to drop the title at summerslam, its going to be a long, painful, and poorly performed summer of RAW.

The six-man tag was a very good match. In fact, it was much better than I could have hoped it'd be. Orton pinned Hunter fairly cleanly which is huge considering that they failed to pull the trigger at 'Mania. This isn't a perfect make up but it's close.

Orton needs to be the guy to bring stability to the title. After all these wild, hot shot title changes anything less than six months for Orton is a failure. The guy is red hot over with the crowd and based on the response at Backlash it's clear that fans have seen enough of Hunter for a while.

Thank God. The WWE's top three belts are now held by three great champions.

You people who have a hard-on for Orton can finally get your release because the "Age Of Orton" continues, and also because Cena lost the title to Edge (again), which was more predictable then the Battle of the Billionaires at Wrestlemania 23 or Bret Hart saying he'll never wrestle in the United States at Summer Slam '97 if he lost to the Undertaker.

Before I start....To the guy who said Randy Orton is over-rated......I have been watching wrestling on a regular basis for 23 years now, I remember watching hulk hogan slam andre the giant in person. Randy Orton is, in my opinion, one of the top 10-15 characters the WWF/E has developed in that time, and i'll tell you why.
1. He is evil....not in a undertaker "from the darkside way", and not in a "all WWE/F fans are dumb and I am not" kind of heel that you see most of the time, but in a real person some guy you would meet on the street way. Very rarely has someone been able to pull that off the way orton has.
2. He uses facial expressions better than anyone I have ever seen. He has the "mess with me and i'll kill your mom" expression down pat.

there are a lot more but I'm not tryin to write a book.
Anyway, Randy orton is past the point of "green" and anyone who is a longtime fan knows it. That is why when everyone else in the arena is booing Orton, you hear the 50-100 people cheering him. Those 50-100 are us. I am glad they gave Orton the title and I think there are a TON of places they can take it from here......most likely Batista unfortunatly. But, hey you will watch to see how Randy manipulates and terrorizes batista and his family too. I am hoping HBK because he is one of the best at making great long term feuds..... maybe, but I doubt it. That's what I think and I'm stickin to it!

You people who have a hard-on for Orton can finally get your release because the "Age Of Orton" continues, and also because Cena lost the title to Edge (again), which was more predictable then the Battle of the Billionaires at Wrestlemania 23 or Bret Hart saying he'll never wrestle in the United States at Summer Slam '97 if he lost to the Undertaker.

I'm pretty happy Orton won. About time. He is the one WWE need to carry the championship to bring more ratings IMO.

He is hated(though I love him:)),he is talented and can have a good long reign and make some real good enemies along the way.

I think we could see Rhodes and DiBiase turn on Orton in the near future making him face? I know it seems nuts considering his a good heel but he has been heel for a really long time now so I wouldn't be surprised.

omg. if orton were to hold the title til wm26, tna would over take them in the ratings. what you people don't realize is that the average fan fucking hates randy orton! those 50-100 people who cheer are in the minority, if you didn't notice, theres thousands of people in an arena! i agree that he should have won(not at wm25, but yes at backlash) but if he holds it for an extended amount of time, ratings will sink. and whoever it was that said no to punk cuz hes on ssmackdown, he has the mitb briefcase, he can challenge whoever he wants!

that`s about time. This should have happened at Wrestlemania...finally, I`m going to enjoy this.

I totally agree with you. Its about time Orton had the title again. I think this most recent PPV I seen where we have new champions across the board. Its a nice change I'm glad Vince finally got the message.

I'm happy Orton got the title, Triple H has become a little stale, not just as a face but just being on TV all the time.

For this to work I think Orton needs to feud with Batista for a couple of months and then have Big show challange him, he should win clean. All the while Trips is of TV, no mention of him.

Have Orton and Legacy take over Raw, beat downs on anyone who tries to stop them, Rhodes and Teddy should take the tag titles off the Colons, maybe even bring in a forth member as an inforcer maybe have him take the US title.

What I'm thinking here is a massive build to Survivor series. Where MVP and the Colon's are trying to get their titles back/revenge for beat downs, they challange Legacy to a survivor series elimination match. The week before SS they confront Legacy about halfway through RAW, and say they've got their fourth member and he's here. Que trips music Out he comes, fresh from being off tv for so long gets that extra jolt from the fans because he hasnt been seen in so long. A match like this in my eyes gives MVP, the Colon's and Teddy and Rhodes another boost, and helps them up another notch.

Feud can go for a few paperviews 3 in total including survivor series. Then Trips gets hsi revenge and puts orton on the shelf - orton returns at the Rumble, wins and goes on to face Cena at WM26 for the title.

(side note I know this wont happen because it would mean Trips being off TV for a long long time and he wont like that)

They needed to get the title off of triple h, and the only person who was able to do that without hurting triple h's ego was randy orton. They built him up so much they had to give him a run with the title, and now it is time to see if that build up can pay off. I think it can, I was a fan of his last run and think he has even more momentum going into this run. When it comes time for this run to end I would like to see trips once again defeat orton for the title. I believe it is true that all of Orton's title runs have been ended by triple h and I think this could be a good long term theme in WWE. To do this right though they cannot have 3 more ppvs in a row where orton and triple h fight with various stipulations added each time. Use this injury to keep triple h off for awhile and have him come back involved in something else. Keep the two of them apart for a while keeping them each busy with different feuds, but then eventually, possibly at wm26 have them cross paths again. This could be big for both of them. Triple H needs an extended run without being in the title picture. It works for people, including his bff Michaels.

Age of Orton? Ugh, I really don't want this emotionless robot as a champ unless they come up with better story lines and or another faction to take on Legacy. Hopefully DX will come back and stomp his ass.

To the guy u who says the average fan hates orton, correct me if Im wrong but isn't the job of a heel to draw heat? He is suppose to be not like that's the whole point. A good heel should be the most hated thing on the show and orton has been the best heel out of all three brands. To the comment of him being green I don't see how he is green since his promos and in ring work have been on point since coming back from his injury. Its was about friggin time the jacked up pinochio let orton go over cleanly after for 3 years having him job to him for years. Do anyone think its kind of interesting that all orton's title reigns ended with triple h? Anyway I believe since triple h let go of the title teat maybe just maybe wwe can build the star of tommorow instead of the wwe title being passed around like a blunt.

Age of orton

You don't have 2 like it

U just got to live in it

I love the fact Orton has the title and yes it should have happened at fucking Wrestlemania but thats a whole other thread. You have to have the belt of the hottest guy in the company and right thats Orton whether you like it or not:ass:. Triple H doesn't need the belt to be over but he still has the belt for no reason at all. I do hope Orton has Yokozuna type title run cause I'm sick of the belt changing every month.

Orton is easily the best heel to come along in years. Alongside Edge, WWE has a very strong heel roster which is unbelievable when you think that they only really have those two superheels.

Orton's style of heel is very much like Jericho's heel. Anything the crowd wants, it just doesn't get. That generates actual hate but then he's bullying our favourite babyface and we take it personally. Orton isn't the type of heel to insult the fans or tell them to shut the hell up. He's the type of heel who refuses to pander to the crowd. Watch, when the match is in a pretty hot spot and the crowd are getting into him, even cheering him... he'll slap on a rear chin lock or an armbar. And he'll hold it there. And the cheers stop and the boos start because this is boring. And he'll smile and apply more pressure. It's genius. Orton manages to make these moments as huge as the punt spots and the RKO spots. He's even heelified the pre finisher stalk which was pretty much a face only thing with few exceptons (Notably Edge).

As for potential feuds. To those who are dreaming of CM Punk to cash in and challenge Orton... I highly doubt it and am very glad he's now on Smackdown. Highly overrated and bland. He wouldn't have been drafted if they were just gonna send him right back. Maybe if it gets to 2010 and he hasn't cashed it in then we could see him swap over but I expect it to happen very soon... perhaps even on an upcoming Smackdown!

Orton will no doubt feud against Batista for the next month only for Triple H to come get him the following month. I can't see H or Batista turning heel with Orton around as I expect Orton to feauture consistantly in their futures for as far as 2009 goes.

Big Show and Cena will now feud with the winner of that storyline being inline for a shot at Summerslam. I wouldn't mind seeing Big Show in that position but I expect Orton to overcome that.

As a dream, I'd love for Kofi or Kennedy to come bursting through and take the fight to Orton. I could also see Kingston and his own little stable of newcomers (Kofi, MVP, Kennedy etc) take on Legacy which would only improve everyone involved and by Gosh do Legacy need all the help they can get.

I'm hoping for a title run to last to Survivor Series... perhaps the Rumble but I can't see it. Orton would remain involved up to, and possibly including, Wrestlemania 26 in some kind of multiman match. Cena should not be involved for once, perhaps feuding with Triple H in a grudge match so to give the Spectacle some well needed new shine. Punk could be involved in a title match next year against someone... most likely the Smackdown champion and the winner of the Rumble will be someone from Raw who isn't yet apparant but I doubt it'll be a current big name. Throw a few out there... Matt Hardy, Christian, MVP, Morrison. Hopefully, one of them will be able to hold down a significant IC or US title reign... or ECW in Christian's case make them permanantly over with the crowd. It's what happened to Orton and Cena. And Matt can just as feasibly do what Edge did... he's been there as long. Morrison has been getting internal comparisons to one HBK as of late so I wouldn't be surprised for that push and Kennedy has been on the waiting list for years now, halted by injury.

This will be a good year

I am no fan of Randy Orton (overrated would be putting it mildly), but I am glad that he picked up the win. I much prefer the face chasing the belt than the heel. I am also glad that the title switch did not happen ta Mania. Hunter needed and deserved the win there.

Now we have a situation where there is a lineup of guys that could be challenging for the title, which is good. We might also see the rest of Legacy step into an angle, and hopefully try and prove themselves better than the mediocre talents they seem to be.

omg. if orton were to hold the title til wm26, tna would over take them in the ratings. what you people don't realize is that the average fan fucking hates randy orton!

He ia a HEEL they are supposed to hate him. He is doing his job.
I would love to see a long reign from Orton and if he is booked right, when he loses the belt it can put a younger guy over huge.

Yeah Orton won and he will probably have a good reign but to hold onto until WM 26? Are you mad? Do you want him to become the next Cena? I'll say if he drops it from anytime between Summerslam-Survivor Series it will make a decent reign.

terrible match, terrible finish, terrible terrible terrible fued.

randy orton might be the most over hyped wrestler in the history of the business.

1. legacy as a whole is not over. orton looks weak having to carry those bums rhodes and dibiase.

2. randy orton looks green still. hes gets too hyped before big spots and it 99% of the time looks weak. the lone exception was the stephanie ddt...because he let it build. instead of looking like a tweeker, slow it down.

3. randy orton cannot and will not ever be able to carry a match. if hes wrestling someone who is less experienced, it shows and looks rookie like. hes not had a 5 star match without triple h or cena.

4. his gimmick, while well thought out, is poorly executed. he doesnt scare me or even give me the vibe hes "crazy". a neck turn and a blank stare does not equal a heel randy. he needs to work on that.

5. hes probably one of the worst over sellers..but only a few seconds. its amazing how he can go from critically injured to insanely immune to attack. this goes back to him being entirely too green.

its just sad there is not another heel that vince mcmahon is in love with, because this guy is a super atheltic yet entirely average wrestler...at best. if he doesn't start the build to drop the title at summerslam, its going to be a long, painful, and poorly performed summer of RAW.

Good post. Although i don't completley agree with you, it's easy to put too much faith in Orton. I say this as a big fan of his, but his reign could get real boring real fast, i still think he needs to turn face.

Now i like orton as much as the next guy, but i think Wrestlemania 26 is a little long...however as long as he stays entertaining as a champ, i really dont care how long. just as long as its a credible run. I think he should keep it till the next big landmark ppv like survivor series and he should lose it to cena. But the match will have to be hyped to the complete max.

The age of Orton isn't beginning, it's the age of boredom that's beginning. The way i see it, this while probably be as boring of a title reign as the last one he had. The only difference between last time and this time is that Orton got legacy behind him but outside of that, it will be the same boring promos, the same boring matches with the same predictable finish in every match. I hope that this title reign isn't as long as the first one because if it is, i can already see the ratings drop for raw and the buyrates for ppv go down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back